I’ve read it somewhere that Iranians can come up with their own version of any cuisine. And after reading that, I searched on the internet that what are the dishes that are reinvented by the Iranian people. There were many dishes in the list but the one food item that made me really excited was the Iranian Chicken Curry recipe.
Chicken Curry was originated in India and the reason why I was excited is because of the curiosity to know how have Iranians people modified the Chicken Curry recipe.
The Iranian Chicken Curry reveals in its taste the richness of saffron and the extremism of the rest of the spices. A very tasty dish with a little extra time and effort drives the magic of this ever so yummy curry. This Chicken Curry is gonna leave a long-lasting effect on your taste buds. Let’s make this tasty respite.
I searched on the internet regarding how to make Iranian Chicken Curry at home and I made it. And it was not bad. I cannot compare it to the Indian Chicken Curry because of the Iranian twist of it but today, I will tell you the Iranian Chicken Curry recipe. So let’s check it out.
Ingredients for Iranian Chicken Curry Recipe
|Chicken pieces||350 gms|
|Ground onion||2 medium units|
|Ground garlic||4 cloves|
|Curry powder||2 tbsp|
|Salt and pepper||1 tsp each|
|Iranian spice (adiveh)||1 tsp|
Important notes about ingredients
Avideh is a blend of spices for persian cooking -: Although its specific composition varies from the Persian Gulf to the Caspian Sea, common ingredients include turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, rose petals or rose buds, cumin, and ginger. It may also include ground golpar, saffron, nutmeg, black pepper, mace, coriander, or sesame.
How much Time it Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||40 Minutes||50 Minutes|
Iranian Chicken Curry Recipe
- Grind the onion and garlic and put it in a bowl.
- Also pour saffron and some boiled water in the same bowl and cover it with plastic wrap or foil.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Now pour the butter in a frying pan. Add chicken and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Then take out the chicken and put it in a separate dish.
- Now fry onion and garlic in the same pan and add Curry powder, Salt and pepper, Cinnamon, turmeric and Avideh. Cook until the mixture of these yummy spices give out a brownish colour.
- Now add the fried chicken to it and pour 2 cups of water in it.
- Cover the pan with its lid and cook for about an hour.
- Put saffron water and lid it and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Unlid it and smell the royalty. Serve it with rice and savour its amazing delight.
Eat this magnificent dish; plate the beauty and move a step ahead towards your food inhibited happiness.
Nutritional Information of Iranian Chicken Curry Recipe
|Total Fat||5.6 g|