A lot of us these days are leaning towards healthier and vegan options. An easy and delicious option is the instant pot vegan mac and cheese recipe. This recipe is specially curated for vegan people as it uses vegan butter, almond milk, and vegan cheese.
It is very easy to make this instant pot vegan mac and cheese. Also, it gets ready in no time and the ingredients are easily accessible as well. The recipe uses almond milk instead of a regular diary. In case of any leftover almond milk, you can simply freeze it to use within a couple of days.
To make instant pot vegan mac and cheese, you need to boil the pasta with oil and salt for 4 minutes in manual mode on your Instant Pot. Then, add vegan butter, almond milk, and vegan cheddar cheese to it. Put the Instant pot in the sauté mode. Stir it until it has a creamy consistency. Add in the seasonings, stir it and serve hot!
Want to explore other substitutes for milk? Here is a list of milk substitutes in mac and cheese. This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Gambas Al Ajillo– If you are looking for a shrimp recipe, then the Gambas Al Ajillo recipe is just for you. The name of this cuisine is Gambas al Ajillo, which is a great option for someone who needs to make something tasty without spending a lot of time.
2. Oxo Roast Potatoes– This is a side dish and is light for your body as well. Although it has potatoes, they are boiled and roasted, which makes them healthy and acceptable if you have restricted diet plans.
3. Thai Red Curry With Vegetables– The Thai red curry with vegetables is an excellent dish that’ll leave you craving for more. You’ll have a happy belly and a happier heart. It is rich, creamy, and also full of vegetables.
4. Black Chickpea– This recipe is perfect for vegetarians who want to add some protein to their diet. Black chickpea serves this purpose perfectly. They contain a lot of protein and fiber and are a complete meal itself.
Instant Pot Vegan Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 16 oz. Macaroni Pasta
- 4 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Vegan Butter
- ½ cup Almond Milk
- 2 cups Vegan Cheese (shredded)
- Seasoning (Mixed Herbs, Smoked Paprika, Mustard Powder, Onion Powder, Oregano, etc.)
- In an instant pot, add the macaroni, water, salt, and oil and stir. Close the lid and seal the valve to boil the macaroni. The oil will ensure that the pasta doesn't stick when it is cooked.
- Cook the macaroni for about 4 minutes. When the macaroni is cooked, let the steam out and then open the lid.
- Set the instant pot on sauté mode. Put in the vegan butter, almond milk, vegan cheese and stir until it has a creamy consistency.
- Season it with mustard powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, mixed herbs, and oregano.
- Once all ingredients are further incorporated, turn off your instant pot. Serve it hot!