Mac and cheese is usually a comfort food that can be eaten for literally any meal of the day. If you are craving something which can be made in just a few minutes, this is a snack which can be very easily prepared. A lot of us these days are leaning towards healthier and vegan options. This recipe is specially curated for you vegan eaters, as vegan butter, almond milk and vegan cheese from your local grocery make the taste exactly like your average so delicious mac and cheese! It doesn’t get easier than this.
The chef does not need to have expert proficiency in cooking as the Instant Pot Vegan Mac and Cheese is very easy to make, the preparation time is less and the ingredients are also fairly easy to come across.
To make the Instant Pot Vegan Mac and Cheese, you need to boil the pasta with oil and salt for 4 minutes in the manual mode on your Instant Pot. Then you need to add all your other ingredients like vegan butter, almond milk and vegan cheddar cheese (all of them can be sourced from your local grocery store very easily) and put the Instant pot on the sauté mode, which will allow these to get beautifully incorporated into a gooey and warm and creamy consistency. Add in your preferred seasonings, give it a stir and serve hot!
This preparation is sinfully delicious, with the butter, milk and cheese melting into a beautiful cheesy and creamy concoction that you simply won’t be able to resist leaning towards. Mac and cheese might not be an extremely healthy dish, with a high-calorie content and total carbohydrate content. Still, it does not defeat this all-purpose and very versatile dish, which people have made famous and very common. This is yummy comfort in a bowl!
Ingredients For Vegan Mac and Cheese
- 16 oz. Macaroni Pasta (or you can customize the pasta to one which you like better)
- 4 cups of Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Olive Oil (or rice-bran oil)
- 2 tbsp Store Bought Vegan Butter
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk or Any Non-Dairy Milk Of Your Choice
- 2 cups Store Bought Vegan Shredded Cheese
- Seasoning (Mixed Herbs, Smoked Paprika, Oregano, etc.)
In case of any leftover almond milk, you can simply freeze it to use within a couple of days. Although this might change the milk’s texture and consistency a tad bit, according to plant-based enthusiasts from VegansFirst.
How Much Time Does It Take to Prepare Vegan Mac and Cheese?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||10 minutes||15 minutes|
Steps To Make Vegan Mac and Cheese
- In your Instant Pot, add the macaroni, water, salt and oil and stir. Close the lid and seal the valve to boil the macaroni. The oil will ensure that the pasta doesn’t stick when it is cooked and gives a lovely slippery texture to the dish.
- Use the manual setting for 4-5 minutes, depending on how well you want your macaroni cooked. I usually prefer to cook it for 4 minutes, because it would later cook again with the cheese, and therefore does not run the risk of getting overcooked.
- Meanwhile, you can work on shredding or cutting up the cheese you are working with. Any store-bought vegan cheddar cheese would work for this.
- When the timer goes off, make sure you don’t remove the lid immediately. First, release the valve and let the steam escape completely and then remove the lid.
- Set your Instant Pot on sauté mode. Start incorporating the remaining ingredients into your cooked pasta.
- Put in the vegan butter, almond milk, vegan cheese and stir until it is incorporated and turns into a creamy consistency. If you think that you want the mac and cheese a bit creamier or cheesier, you can add another dash of milk or extra cheese.
- Add in the seasonings you prefer to achieve the flavour you like in your pasta. I like smoked paprika and red pepper flakes, as it imparts a very lovely strong flavour. And there’s a variety you can choose from (I sometimes put in mustard powder, onion powder, mixed herbs, oregano, depending on what flavour I am craving).
- Once all ingredients are further incorporated, turn off your instant pot, and serve hot!
Your vegan mac and cheese in instant pot in ready in just 15 minutes.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Vegan Mac and Cheese
How To Make Make Instant Pot Vegan Mac and Cheese At Home | Video
Although this recipe is very simple. Still, if you are new to the kitchen, then I would recommend this video which will make it easy for you to make Mac and Cheese at home.
I hope you have liked this instant pot recipe. I recommend you to tell us about its taste and your experiences with us in the comments section below. Till then, stay tuned for more such cool recipes and take care.