Today, I’ll share the recipe for one of my favorite dishes. I’m talking about the Instant Pot sesame chicken. It is a Chinese dish that is mainly made in honey and soy sauce. The sauce is made thick so that it glazes the chicken chunks easily. I love the hint of sweetness and spiciness in the dish.
The traditional way of cooking sesame chicken is cutting the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces followed by deep-frying and then tossing the chicken pieces in sticky sauce. But the Instant Pot version is a dump and start recipe that involves no deep frying and it turns out to be as good as a restaurant meal!
To make Instant Pot sesame chicken, add oil to the instant pot. Saute the chicken pieces in it until browned. Whisk water, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and pepper flakes in a small bowl. Pour this mixture into the pot and stir it well. Then, close the lid of the pot and let the chicken pieces cook in the sauce. Then, open the lid and garnish the chicken with sesame and green onions.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Chicken Saltimbocca– Chicken Saltimbocca is an Italian dish mainly popular in Rome. In Italy, Saltimbocca means ‘jump in your mouth’. The main ingredients for this recipe are chicken breast and prosciutto.
2. Sticky Glazed Asian Chicken– Sticky Asian Glazed Chicken is tender and juicy chicken coated in a sticky-sweet Asian sauce. This meal is ready in just thirty minutes and the flavor is awesome.
3. Chicken Paillard– Paillard can be of chicken, veal, beef, turkey, and pork. Traditionally they are cut from large pieces of meat but to get rid of the cutting process, most of the supermarkets have a variety of thin meat. Chicken Paillards are made from the breast of meat.
4. Emeril Lagasse Chicken Marsala– This recipe is very famous across the United States of America as it is one of the best recipes created by the renowned chef Emeril Lagasse.
Instant Pot Sesame Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot
- 1 ½ pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- ½ cup Honey
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (crushed)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons Cold Water
- 3 teaspoons Corn Starch
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- On the instant pot, select the Sauté or Browning option. Regulate for medium heat and add sesame oil. When the oil is hot, brown the chicken in lots. Once done, press cancel.
- Whisk water, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and pepper flakes in a small bowl and pour it into the instant pot. Stir it well. Latch the lid and close the pressure-release valve. Press the Manual button or the Pressure Cook button (depending on the instant pot you have) and let it cook for 4 minutes.
- Now, let the Instant Pot come to pressure and count down to 0. On the beep, quickly release the steam by spinning the vent to the Release position. Keep your face away as the steam will be really hot!
- In a small bowl, mix corn starch and water until smooth and stir it into the pot. Select Saute setting on the pot and adjust for low heat. Simmer for about 1-2 minutes (until thickened). Do not forget to stir constantly.
- Then, sprinkle some sesame seeds and green onions over the chicken. Serve it with plain, hot rice.