Today, I’ll share the recipe of one of my favourite dishes. It is a good amalgamation of mild yet yummy flavours and good texture. It is a fast and easy recipe because it’s cooked in the Instant Pot. I’m talking about the Instant Pot Sesame Chicken. It is a Chinese dish that is mainly made in honey and soy sauce. The sauce is made thick so that it glazes the chicken chunks easily. I love the hint of sweetness and spiciness in the dish.
Back in the days, I would run to a nearby Chinese restaurant almost every fortnight to have the sesame chicken until I learned cooking the dish’s instant pot version. My life has become so much easy and flavourful since then. Thanks to the online lessons I watched!
The traditional way of cooking sesame chicken is cutting the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces followed by deep-frying and then tossing the chicken pieces in sticky sauce. But the Instant Pot version is a dump and start recipe that involves no deep frying and it turns out to be as good as a restaurant meal!
This dish is another family-favorite and is served on our dining tables at least once or twice a month. We love serving it with plain rice and the combo makes a perfect meal. I make sure to use boneless chicken breast for this, as chicken thighs don’t work. Also, to avoid making the dish too salty, I would recommend using a low-sodium soy sauce.
My mouth is already watery. I am going to reward myself with a big bowl of rice and sesame chicken tonight. What are you waiting for? Try out this delicious recipe and thank me later! To start with, check out the ingredients list below and get rolling.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Sesame Chicken
- 1-1/2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 2 tbsp Cold Water
- 3 tsp Corn Starch
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
The list of ingredients isn’t long, and you would be able to get the ingredients from any of the nearby supermarkets. I am sure you all must be wondering how much time this dish takes to cook. Check out the timetable below to understand the time management for the dish.
How Much Time Will It Take To Prepare Instant Pot Sesame Chicken?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||20 minutes||25 minutes|
Isn’t that amazing! You have a whole meal ready in just about 25 minutes. I’ll share the recipe down below; check it out.
Steps To Make Instant Pot Sesame Chicken
- On the instant pot, select sauté or browning. Regulate for medium heat and add sesame oil. When the oil is hot, brown the chicken in lots. Once done, press cancel.
- Whisk water, soy sauce, honey, garlic and pepper flakes in a small bowl and pour it into the instant pot, stir well. Latch the lid, close the pressure-release valve. Press MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK (depending on the instant pot you have) on high for 4 minutes.
- Now, let the Instant Pot come to pressure and count down to 0. On the beep, quickly release the steam by spinning the vent to the RELEASE position. Keep your face away as the steam will be really hot!
- In a small bowl, mix corn starch and water until smooth and stir it into the pot. Select saute setting on the pot and adjust for low heat. Simmer for about 1-2 minutes (until thickened). Do not forget to stir constantly.
- The best part is to sprinkle some sesame seeds and green onions. They look beautiful! Serve it up with plain, hot rice.
Tip: You may add more corn starch slurry to thicken the sauce. At this time, you can also taste the sauce to check the salt and add, if required.
Nutritional Breakdown for Instant Pot Sesame Chicken
The table below shows the nutritional value of the dish. All my health-conscious friends can have a look and understand what they’re feeding their bodies with.
Note: The nutritional breakdown is for 1 serving only.
How to Make Instant Pot Sesame Chicken at Home | Video
I have added a short video for you all to watch and enjoy before creating your magic. I hope it helps and guides you through the complete procedure.
I hope the recipe finds a way to your kitchen and you all relish it with your family and friends. Do share your feedback with us in the comment section below and let us know your suggestions. Reach out for help anytime. Thank you for stopping by this corner. Keep trying new dishes in the new year!