Instant pot beef and broccoli is an Asian-inspired dish. As the name suggests, this dish is made mainly with beef and broccoli. It needs a handful of ingredients to prepare within a matter of minutes. You can creatively add ingredients by your choice to make it flavorful.
I’ve tried several versions of broccoli dishes, but this one was an instant hit with my family. This is one of my favorite Asian dishes. You can enjoy beef and broccoli with plain rice, noodles, cauliflower rice, spiralized veggies, and brown rice. You can serve this dish to your family with a combination of their choice.
To make instant pot beef and broccoli, cook chunked beef along with garlic until it gets brown. Add beef broth, soya sauce, and brown sugar to the pot containing beef. Cook it on high pressure for 15 minutes. Add broccoli (microwaved 3-4 minutes) and corn starch to the pot on medium flame. Stir until it thickens.
Below are the step-by-step instructions to make instant pot beef and broccoli in just 30 minutes. Try this recipe and also have a look at the video provided further down. Please don’t forget to rate this recipe. Make sure to save this recipe for special occasions or family dinners at home. But before getting the instructions, check out our other main course recipes below.
1. Crockpot Rump Roast– This delicacy has tender meat cooked with rich gravy and vegetables. Also known as bottom round oven, this is a great recipe for a family gathering.
2. Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken– Even though Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken is a tricky dish to cook but if you follow this recipe religiously, you will be able to cook the chicken to perfection.
3. Herbes De Provence Chicken-This recipe is an exquisite part of French and Mediterranean cuisine. The blend of spices and herbs adds an exceptional flavor to the chicken which makes it stand out from the rest of chicken-based dishes.
4. Smoked Pork Loin– The flavor of smoked pork loin is exquisitely irresistible. The pork can be seasoned in different manner. Serve it with fresh herbs to get that earthy flavor.
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- Instant Pot
- ½ cup Beef Broth
- ½ cup Low Sodium Soya Sauce
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar (or honey)
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon Garlic (minced)
- 1 ½ pounds Roast Beef (boneless, chunked)
- 12 ounces Broccoli Florets (6-7 cups)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil (extra virgin)
- Set the instant pot on medium heat and add olive oil to it.
- When the pot is hot, add sliced or chunked beef and garlic to it. Cook for few minutes until brown by stirring frequently.
- Add beef broth, soya sauce, and brown sugar to the pot. Stir until the brown sugar dissolves.
- Secure and seal the lid. Cook for 15 minutes at high pressure.
- Now, cook broccoli by microwaving it for 3-4 minutes until tender. When instant pot is done, release the pressure manually by carefully turning the release knob to its venting position.
- Uncover the pressure cooker and remove about 1/4 of the liquid. Mix it well with corn starch in a bowl until it gets smooth and completely dissolves. Then, add it back to the pot.
- Turn on the Saute mode (for medium heat). Let the sauce simmer for about 4-5 minutes to thicken, stir frequently. Turn off the saute mode.
- Your instant pot beef and broccoli is ready.
- You can use any other cut of beef suitable to you for pan-frying like beef tenderloin, or flank.
- Feel free to use frozen broccoli if this is what you prefer. I prefer broccoli florets.
- You can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- If you like to freeze it, then let the beef and broccoli cool completely. Place it in a freezer container. You can freeze it up for 1-2 months.
- Low sodium soya sauce helps to ensure the dish is not too salty.
- Don’t worry if you think of increasing the pressure cooker time if you double the ingredients.