Cooking up Indian cuisine is perfect for all those who love to have some spiced-up dish. Today, I will be sharing the recipe for Indian fried cabbage.
This dish is not only quick and easy to make but a healthy option too. If you wonder how to make your kids eat healthy then, this recipe is for you. Not only the kids but even the adults at your place will love to eat this dish.
Indian fried cabbage is cooked in coconut oil in a non-stick pan. Saute red onions in it. Then, add garlic and cumin seeds to it. Add cabbage and toss it well. Sprinkle salt, curry powder, and garam masala over it. Cook until the cabbage becomes tender. Serve hot.
This is just a summary of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Texas Stew– A stew is one such dish that almost everyone loves as a comforting meal. It is a healthy option to cook for everyone in the family. Texas stew is one such healthy and easy-to-make stew.
2. Birria de Chivo Estilo Jalisco– The recipe for today is Birria de Chivo Estilo Jalisco. It is a goat meat stew made with marinated meat. It is also known as Mexican braised goat and this dish is served from street carts to restaurants in Mexico.
3. Vegan Pulled Jackfruit– Vegetables have always been a good source of nutrients that our body demands. And having a vegan diet also helps maintain your calorie count and carbs level that you somehow lack in non-vegan food.
4. Chana Masala– The dish that I am talking about is quite famous all over India. This recipe goes by the name of Chana masala or Chole masala.
Indian Fried Cabbage Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Red Onion (sliced)
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- ½ teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- ½ head Green Cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala
- Heat coconut oil in a non-stick pan over a medium-high flame. Add red onions and sauté for a minute. Add garlic and cumin seeds to it. Stir them for a minute.
- Add cabbage and mix them well until it gets coated with oil. Season with salt, curry powder, and garam masala. Cook cabbage until it becomes tender. This may take 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.