What is the difference between a good holiday feast and a great one? The pairing of perfectly thoughtful food items! So, why not try out a light and flavorful Ina Garten lemon pasta recipe to complete your meal?
I love making Ina Garten’s recipes because they come together super quickly and taste amazing. Her lemon pasta is no different!
This pasta dish features ultra-thin pasta- capellini with a light sauce flavored with butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest. These three ingredients make a spectacular dish that can be paired with all kinds of meat dishes.
Ina Garten’s lemon pasta will only take 10 minutes of preparation time and yields six servings. Take a look at the recipe below and make the best holiday meal for your family.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Ina Garten Lemon Pasta?
- Zester – You will need a zester to take out the lemon zest.
- Pasta Spoon – A pasta spoon will help you mix and handle the pasta.
- Non-stick Sauté Pan – A non-stick sauté pan will be required to make the pasta.
- Pot – You will need a medium-sized pot to boil the pasta.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Ina Garten Lemon Pasta?
|Preparation Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Ina Garten Lemon Pasta?
- Pasta – To make Ina Garten’s lemon pasta, you will need one pound of dried capellini pasta. It is a spaghetti-shaped pasta but ultra-thin in size.
- Unsalted Butter – To make the sauce for the pasta, you will need 2 sticks of unsalted butter.
- Lemons – The flavor of this pasta is mainly derived from lemon. Therefore, you will need the zest and juice of two large lemons.
- Salt – To season the pasta, you will need two teaspoons of salt.
- Pepper – You will need one teaspoon of pepper to add a kick of peppery notes.
Steps To Make Ina Garten Lemon Pasta
1. Zest And Juice The Lemons
We will begin by zesting and then juicing two lemons. Lemon is the star ingredient of this recipe, and hence we’ll need more of it.
2. Cook Pasta
To prepare the pasta, we will first cook the capellini to al dente for about 3-4 minutes.
To boil the pasta, bring some water to a boil and immerse the dried pasta. Cook until it’s firm and chewy.
While you cook this pasta, remember not to leave it for more than 3-4 minutes. This pasta is very delicate compared to the other varieties. It falls apart if it gets overcooked.
Moreover, you will also cook it in the pan with the sauce. So, make sure not to over-boil the pasta.
3. Make Lemon Sauce
While the pasta cooks, we will move on to make the lemon sauce. Take a sauté pan and place it over medium heat.
Add the butter to the pan and let it melt. Once melted, add the lemon zest, juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine, then turn the heat to low.
4. Add The Pasta
After the pasta is done, take a pasta spoon to lift it out of the water and transfer it to the pan with the prepared sauce. Toss the ingredients together. Add some pasta water to keep it moist,
Your pasta is ready to be served. Garnish it with salt, pepper, and fresh herbs of your choice.
|Saturated Fat||20 grams|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 grams|
|Trans Fat||1 gram|
|Monounsaturated Fat||8 grams|
|Vitamin C||19 mg|
How Will Ina Garten Lemon Pasta Look And Taste Like?
Ina Garten lemon pasta is the winner all the way! This pasta is super light to eat and brings with it mild yet flavorful notes of butter and lemon. This recipe is so simple and unique in taste that you can pair it with any dish.
Ina Garten Lemon Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound Capellini Pasta
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter
- 2 Large Lemons, zest and juice
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Zest and juice two lemons.
- Prepare the capellini pasta by cooking al dente for about 3-4 minutes.
- Take a sauté pan and place it over medium heat.
- Add the butter to the pan and let it melt.
- Add the lemon zest, juice, salt, and pepper.
- Stir to combine, then turn the heat to low.
- Your pasta is ready to be served. Garnish it with fresh herbs of your choice.
Try out this simple and delicious Ina Garten Lemon pasta recipe this festive season. Tell me what you paired it with in the comments sections below.
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
What ingredients do you need to make Ina Garten Lemon pasta?
To make Ina Garten’s lemon pasta, you will need zest and juice of two lemons, butter, pasta, salt, and pepper.
What type of pasta does Ina Garten lemon pasta use?
Ina Garten lemon pasta is made using capellini pasta.
How much time does it take to make Ina Garten lemon pasta?
It takes 10 minutes to make Ina Garten lemon pasta.