In-N-Out Double Double Burger is one of the tastiest hamburgers and it’s recipe is almost 70 years old. So today, I will share how they make their secret recipe and how they maintain the crispiness of the buns, the size of the relish, the best beef to use and much more.
I first tried this tasty hamburger at In-N-Out Burger in Baldwin Park, California. That outlet is almost 70 years old and the secret recipe was invented at that outlet. When I took the first bite of burger it seemed like time had stopped. It was just perfect and I wanted that moment to never end. So I put up a little research and finally got the perfect copycat recipe of their burger that today I am going to share with you.
To make In-N-Out Double Double, first make the spread by combining mayo, ketchup, pickles, paprika and mustard. Then separate the hamburger and toast the buns. Cook beef patties and place them over the bun. At last, put the spread, onion slices, tomato slices, cheese slices and lettuce on the burger. Wrap it with wax paper and double meat burgers are ready!
I know that you’re now excited to make these tasty hamburgers. So I won’t waste much of your time. Let’s see the list of ingredients that you’ll need to make these burgers.
Ingredients for In-N-Out Double Double Burger
For the Spread
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely minced dill pickle relish
- 2 tbsp finely minced white onion
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 3/4 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
For the Burger
- 1 pound ground Chuck (Prefer 25% to 30% Fat only)
- 8 slices real American cheese
- 4 small plain Hamburger buns
- 4 white Onion slices (Not Separated)
- 4 large Tomato slices
- 4 small handfuls of torn Iceberg Lettuce
- Salt & coarse grind Black Pepper
These are all the ingredients that you’ll need for making hamburgers as they make at their outlets. Make sure you fresh beef patties and not frozen ones as In-N-Out always use fresh ones. And another thing that In-N-Out do is that they use beef that has high-fat content, so try to buy beef that has 25% to 30% fat.
Now let’s how much time you’ll need to prepare and cook this tasty hamburgers.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make To Make In-N-Out Double Double?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|18 mins||2 mins||20 mins|
They won’t take much of your time and these hamburgers gets ready in less than 2 mins when you are ready with all the preparation of the hamburger. Now without wasting any time, let’s jump to most awaited section that is the recipe of these hamburgers.
Steps to Make In-N-Out Double Double
- First, let’s start by making the spread. To make the spread, take a small bowl and combine all the ingredients. Set it aside until needed.
- Now let’s make the patties. Make 8 patties by shaping 2-ounce portions of beef into balls and then shape them into 4-inch circles on wax paper.
- Preheat two large saute pans over medium/low heat for 5 minutes to toast the buns.
- To toast the buns, separate the hamburger buns. Then place the face of the top and bottom of the bun on the pans until both become a little darkened and crispy.
- Now cook the beef by placing 2 patties on the other pan. Add salt and pepper and then cook for 2 minutes.
- Then flip the patties and again sprinkle salt and pepper.
- After you flip the patties, place a slice of cheese on the top of each patty. If you want the smile in your burgers, just like In-N-Out fold 1-quarter of cheese and place it on the patty in such a way that it is folded side underneath.
- Now place the toasted top bun on the top of the burger and the slices of onion on the other bun. Cook patties for another 2 minutes.
- While patties are cooking, add 1/2 tbsp of spread on the face of the bottom bun. Then stack slices of tomato next to it and then add lettuce on the top of the tomato. Make sure to press lettuce into the palm of your hand so that the burger isn’t tall.
- At last, use a spatula to stack the top patty on the onions of the second patty.
Hamburgers are ready! Wrap it with wax or sandwich paper and then serve with your French fries or your favorite choice of dip.
Nutritional Breakdown of In-N-Out Double Meat Burger
If you like to monitor your nutrient in take like me, then make sure to check the below nutritional breakdown of their burger.
|Total Fat||41 g|
How to Make In-N-Out Double Double Burger | Video
I know it can be little confusing when you try to make these tasty hamburgers for the first time but don’t worry just watch the below video of you have any confusions.
Well, I have done my part now it’s your turn to make these awesome hamburgers just like In-N-Out at your home. Also, don’t forget to post your valuable feedback in the comment section below.