In-N-Out Double-Double Burger is one of the tastiest hamburgers and its recipe is almost 70 years old. So today, I will share how they make their secret recipe and how they maintain the crispiness of the buns, the size of the relish, the best beef to use and much more.
I first tried this tasty hamburger at In-N-Out Burger in Baldwin Park, California. That outlet is almost 70 years old and the secret recipe was invented at that outlet. It tasted perfect and I wanted the burger to never finish. So, I did a little research and finally got the perfect copycat recipe for their burger.
To make In-N-Out Double Double, first make the spread by combining mayo, ketchup, pickles, paprika and mustard. Then, slice the hamburger bun and toast. Cook beef patties and place them over the bun. At last, put the spread, onion slices, tomato slices, cheese slices and lettuce on the burger. Wrap it with wax paper and double meat burgers are ready!
I know that you’re now excited to make these tasty hamburgers. So I won’t waste much of your time. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. McDonald’s McRib Sandwich– McDonald’s McRibs are quite famous, but they usually drop it from their menu regularly. So I decided to share this McRibs recipe with you all.
2. Starbucks Grilled Cheese Sandwich– Starbucks is popular for their coffee drink. But another item that is popular on their menu is their grilled cheese sandwich that you can easily make at home.
3. Arby’s Reuben Sandwich– The flavor of cheese and dressing combined with corned beef and sauerkraut between two rye bread slices is just a treat for all the sandwich lovers.
4. Subway Tuna Sandwich– Subway is a household name when it comes to sandwiches and one of their most loved sandwiches is their Tuna Sandwich. Salad made with tuna, mayonnaise, onions, lettuce and cheese spread between bread slices is something that you can’t resist.
In-N-Out Double Double Recipe
For the Spread
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 ½ tbsp Dill Pickle Relish
- 2 tbsp White Onion
- ½ tsp White Vinegar
- ¾ tsp Granulated Sugar
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Yellow Mustard
- ⅛ tsp Salt
For the Burger
- 1 pound Ground Chuck
- 8 slices American Cheese
- 4 Small Plain Hamburger buns
- 4 slices White Onion
- 4 Large slices Tomato
- 4 Small Handfuls of Torn Iceberg Lettuce
- Salt & Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- First, let's start by making the spread. To make the spread, take a small bowl and combine all the ingredients. Set it aside until needed.
- Now let's make the patties. Make 8 patties by shaping 2-ounce portions of beef into balls and then shape them into 4-inch circles on wax paper.
- Preheat two large sauté pans over medium/low heat for 5 minutes to toast the buns.
- To toast the buns, separate the hamburger buns. Then, place the face of the top and bottom of the bun on the pans until both become a little darkened and crispy.
- Now, cook the beef by placing 2 patties on the other pan. Add salt and pepper and then cook for 2 minutes.
- Then, flip the patties and again sprinkle salt and pepper.
- After you flip the patties, place a slice of cheese on the top of each patty. If you want the smile in your burgers, just like In-N-Out, fold 1-quarter of cheese and place it on the patty in such a way that it is folded side underneath.
- Now, place the toasted bun on the top of the burger and the slices of onion on the other bun. Cook patties for another 2 minutes.
- While patties are cooking, add 1/2 tablespoon of spread on the face of the bottom bun. Stack slices of tomato next to it and top with lettuce. Make sure to press lettuce into the palm of your hand so that the burger isn't tall.
- At last, use a spatula to stack the top patty on the onions of the second patty.
Well, I have done my part. Now, it’s your turn to make these awesome hamburgers just like In-N-Out at your home. Also, don’t forget to post your valuable feedback in the comment section below. Your queries are also welcome. Just mention them in the comments below and I’ll try my best to help you. Till then happy eating!