Spanish dishes make the perfect comfort food. Here, I am adding one more Spanish dish to this list. The recipe I will be sharing with you is for Huevos Rotos.
This delicious recipe is simple, but it is listed among the popular Spanish egg dishes. Most people prefer eggs as breakfast. But in Spain, eggs are consumed not only as a resort for breakfast but even at lunch, dinner and surprisingly as desserts too. It is a dish made with eggs with the yolk to be punctured at the time of eating.
To make Huevos Rotos, cook the onions in a pan, add thin potato slices along with garlic, parsley, and pepper to it and cook it on low flame. As the potatoes get tender, crack the eggs over the potatoes and cover the pan again. Cook till the egg whites get set. Chop chorizo rounds and brown them in another pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Then, spread ham slices and chorizo.
Follow the recipe given in detail and you will surely get the best result. To get started with the recipe, take note of the ingredients first, followed by the process and other necessary details. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Omelette du Fromage– If you want to make a cheese omelette then, you should try making Omelette du Fromage. “Omelette du Fromage” is just the French phrase for the cheese omelette. It is really easy to make and gets ready in no time.
2. Shrimp Omelet– If you are looking for a breakfast that is nutritious as well as healthy then, the shrimp omelet is the best choice. A good breakfast gives you the energy to survive the whole day.
3. Overnight Blueberry French Toast– Overnight blueberry French toast is an amazing recipe made of delicious blueberries, eggs, milk, bread, cream cheese, vanilla, maple syrup, sugar, and butter. It is nothing like the traditional French toast recipe.
4. Chocolate Chip Waffles– These waffles are a delicious and sweet breakfast. They are the perfect breakfast for you if you love waffles and anything with chocolate chips. All you need is a waffle iron, some basic ingredients, and a few minutes of your time.
Huevos Rotos Recipe
- 4 Potatoes
- ½ cup Green Pepper
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Large Onion
- Sub Prosciutto
- 1 link Cured Spanish Chorizo
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- ⅓ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Take a pan and grease it with olive oil. Add onions to the pan and cook them over medium heat.
- Slice the potatoes in a super-thin manner and add them to the pan. Add garlic, parsley, and peppers to the pan. Cook them over low flame. Cover the pan and stir them after every 10 minutes
- Cook them for 4-6 minutes until the potatoes get tender and start to brown.
- Make 4 nests in the potatoes. Break four eggs in the potato nest and cover. Cook for 4-6 minutes till the egg whites turn firm, but the yolks are still runny. Now, break the yolks of the eggs and remove the pan from the heat.
- Take a separate pan, cut the chorizo in rounds and add a little oil. Cook them till they get brown over medium flame. Season it with some salt and pepper.
- Place thin slices of ham over the potatoes and eggs. Also, add cooked chorizo.
- Serve hot.
Try this recipe and share your reviews in the comment section below. I will happy to know how much you liked the recipe. Not just this, you are free to share any suggestion or a recipe you would love to know more about. I will be happy helping you. Enjoy your meal!