Spanish dishes make the perfect comfort food. Here, I am adding one more Spanish dish to this list. The recipe I will be sharing with you is for Huevos Rotos.
This delicious recipe is simple, but it is listed among the popular Spanish egg dishes. Most people prefer eggs as breakfast. But in Spain, eggs are consumed not only as a resort for breakfast but even at lunch, dinner and surprisingly as desserts too. It is a dish of eggs with yolk to be punctured at the time of eating.
To make Huevos Rotos, cook the onions in a pan, add thin potato slices along with garlic, parsley, pepper to it and cook it on low flame. As the potatoes get tender, crack the eggs over the potatoes and cover the pan again. Cook till the egg whites get set. Chop chorizo rounds and brown them in another pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper: spread ham slices and chorizo.
Follow the recipe given in detail and you will surely get the best result. To get started with the recipe, take note of the ingredients first, followed by the process and other necessary details.
Ingredients For Huevos Rotos
- 4 Potatoes
- 4 Eggs
- 1 large onion
- ½ Cup of sliced green pepper
- Thin slices of Iberian or Serrano ham or sub prosciutto
- 1 link of cured Spanish chorizo
- 5 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
The ingredients you need for this recipe are readily accessible at any supermarket. Just make a list of what you already have and what you need from the supermarket. Also, take a look at the time required to make this dish.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Huevos Rotos?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
In just 40 minutes, your dish will be ready to relish. It is not a recipe with hard core cooking. With few simple steps you will be able to make it. Let’s see how to make it.
Steps To Make Huevos Rotos
- Take a pan and grease it with olive oil. Add onions to the pan and cook them over medium heat.
- Slice the potatoes in a super-thin manner and add them to the pan. Add garlic, parsley and peppers to the pan. Cook them over low flame. Cover the pan and stir them after every 10 minutes
- Cook them all for 30 minutes or until the potatoes get tender and start to brown.
- Break four eggs over the potatoes and cover. Cook till the egg whites turn firm. Now, break the yolks of the eggs and remove the pan from the heat.
- Take a separate pan, cut the chorizo in rounds and cook them till they get brown over medium flame. Season it with some salt and pepper.
- Place thin slices of ham over the potatoes and eggs. Also, add cooked chorizo.
- Serve hot.
You do not need to cook the ham if it is good.
Nutritional Breakdown of Huevos Rotos
Check out the calorie count of this Spanish recipe.
How To Make Huevos Rotos At Home | Video
In any case you are not clear of any step involved in this recipe, I have uploaded a similar video. Do watch the video once to know about every detail.
Try this recipe and share your reviews in the comment section below. I will happy to know how much you liked the recipe. Not just this, you are free to share any suggestion or a recipe you would love to know more about. I will be happy helping you. Enjoy your meal!