Do you want your breakfast to be super healthy and quick? If yes, then the recipe I am sharing with you is all that you need. The recipe is for huevos rancheros.
To make huevos rancheros, you have to prepare the salsa first. Then, cook beans with garlic, water, and salt until they get warm. Fry the eggs sunny side up and season them with pepper.
Lastly, place warm tortilla topped with beans, cheese, and salsa. Sprinkle cilantro over them and serve with salsa.
If you are not fond of fried eggs, then you can also opt for scrambling the eggs. In this scenario, the dish will be called Huevos a la Mexicana.
You will get the detailed steps of the recipe further, along with all the required ingredients, time taken and the steps to be followed. Do try this and you will see how much it will be liked at your place.
Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Egg Bull’s Eye– Eggs are one of the best things to have for breakfast. I can’t think of my breakfast without eggs, especially egg bull’s eye. For all the egg lovers, this recipe is a must try.
2. Poached Eggs– Poached eggs are delicious and really easy to make. You can make them for breakfast and have a healthy start to your day.
3. Chocolate Pancakes With Eggs– If you want delightful chocolate pancakes, then this recipe is for you. The chocolate pancakes covered in sugar syrup and topped with whipped cream are a blessing for people with a sweet tooth.
4. Baked Scrambled Eggs– Nothing can be more delicious than having eggs for breakfast. Baked scrambled eggs recipe are quite easy to make and can be a great meal for breakfast. They taste incredible and are healthy as well.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Huevos Rancheros?
- Skillet – In a medium skillet, cook the salsa in it until it thickens for 3 minutes.
- Pan – In a pan, fry eggs, sunny side up, in it.
- Bowl – Transfer the salsa once it is cooked, in a bowl.
- Knife – Chop garlic and jalapeño pepper using a knife for the salsa.
- Grater – Grate onion, tomato, and cheese using a grater for the recipe.
- Chopping Board – Chop the veggies on a chopping board for fine cutting.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Huevos Rancheros?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||15 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Huevos Rancheros?
- Feta Cheese – Feta cheese will add a kick of tangy and salty flavor to the dish.
- Eggs – Fry eggs, sunny side up, to give a slightly nutty flavor to the overall recipe.
- Hot Sauce – Hot sauce will give you mild heat when combined with other ingredients for the salsa.
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil – Fry the eggs in oil to get wonderfully crispy with slightly nutty taste.
- Tomatoes – You can use any tomato you like. But if you can, try and use fresh garden tomatoes during the summer months; they will have a better flavor than those purchased in the store.
- Onion – Grate onion to add sweetness and deep color to salsa
- Black Beans – Black beans will add a kick of soft, creamy, and mild flavor to the recipe.
- Jalapeno Pepper – Finely chop jalapeño peppers to add vegetal flavor, giving spiciness to the salsa.
- Garlic Cloves – The garlic will add sweetness when cooked in a skillet to the salsa.
- Ground Cumin – Season the salsa with cumin to make the easiest and tastiest salsa ever!
- Kosher Salt – Salt will help maximize the crispness of veggies and flavor by causing them to release their water.
- Freshly Ground Pepper – A sprinkle of pepper can elevate the flavor of your dish.
- Fresh Cilantro – Finely chop cilantro leaves for a fresh and citrusy flavor, giving a nutty and spicy taste.
- Corn Tortillas – Top your dish on corn tortillas as, they are packed with nutty, and sweet corn flavor.
Steps To Make Huevos Rancheros
1. Prep The Salsa
To prepare the salsa, grate tomatoes and onions in a bowl. To this, add jalapeno, chopped garlic, hot sauce, cumin, salt, and pepper to taste.
Now, take a medium skillet and heat two teaspoons of olive oil on a low flame. Cook the salsa in it until it thickens. This may take three minutes. Set this aside in a bowl.
2. Eggs Are Sunny
In the same skillet, add beans with crushed garlic, half a cup of warm water, and salt to taste. Cook this over low flame until it is warm. Then, mash it lightly using a fork.
Take a pan and add two tablespoons of olive oil to it. Fry eggs, sunny side up, in it. Sprinkle some pepper.
Place one tortilla on the plate with some beans. Top it with fried eggs, salsa, and cheese. Sprinkle some cilantro and pour the remaining salsa on it.
How Will Huevos Rancheros Look And Taste Like?
Huevos rancheros are the most perfect vegetarian meal. They are a typical breakfast served at Mexican farms, featuring corn tortillas, and fried eggs topped with plenty of warmed salsa.
Beans are often a component, and I bulk up my version with lighter creamy black beans. Then, I coax extra flavor out of my fried eggs by cooking them in a generous drizzle of olive oil, which produces irresistibly crisp edges.
When tomatoes are in season, I top my huevos with salsa, for extra-fresh flavor. It’s definitely worth the effort if you have access to great tomatoes.
Huevos Rancheros Recipe
- ½ cup Feta Cheese
- 4 Large Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 2 ½ tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 small Tomatoes
- 1 small Onion
- 5 ounces Black Beans
- 1 medium Jalapeno Pepper
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- ¼ cup Fresh Cilantro
- 6 inch Corn Tortillas
- To prepare the salsa, grate tomatoes and onions in a bowl.
- To this, add jalapeno, chopped garlic, hot sauce, cumin, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Now, take a medium skillet and heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on a low flame.
- Cook the salsa in it until it thickens. This may take 3 minutes. Set this aside in a bowl.
- In the same skillet, add beans with crushed garlic, ½ cup warm water, and salt to taste.
- Cook this over low flame until it's warm. Then, mash it lightly using a fork.
- Take another skillet and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to it. Fry eggs, sunny side up, in it. Sprinkle some pepper.
- Place one tortilla on the plate with some beans.
- Top it with fried eggs, salsa, and cheese. Sprinkle some cilantro and pour the remaining salsa on it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What huevos rancheros mean?
Huevos rancheros mean ranch-style eggs. The name huevos rancheros translates as “ranchers eggs”. The idea of ranchers eggs comes from the fact that this is a traditional mid-morning dish among rural Mexican farms.
What are rancheros made of?
Huevos Rancheros plainly contain fried eggs, crispy fried corn tortillas, and salsa, but it can be expanded to add refried beans, cheese, and occasionally meat, or you can get creative with it.
What does ranchero taste like?
One of the most popular sauces is ranchero. This mild tomato-based sauce combines Mexican seasonings with onions, green chilis, fresh garlic, and jalapenos. Although you’re working with a medley of vegetables, ranchero sauce has a hint of smoky flavor with the addition of cumin.
Are huevos rancheros healthy?
While huevos rancheros can vary in ingredients and preparation, the dish is generally considered to be healthy. The eggs are a good source of protein, and the tortilla and vegetables provide complex carbohydrates and fiber.
Try the recipe of huevos rancheros at home and share your reviews and experience while making the recipe. I will be glad to know your reviews.
Also, I would like to hear your suggestions regarding any recipe. Let me know if you like to know about certain recipe. I will be delighted to help you. Bon Appetite!