Do you want your breakfast to be super healthy and quick? If yes, then the recipe I am sharing with you is all that you need. The recipe is for Huevos Rancheros.
This recipe is a typical breakfast with fried eggs, corn tortillas and a perfect warm topping of salsa. It is the best Mexican breakfast you will ever have. If you are not fond of fried eggs, then you can also opt for scrambling the eggs. In this scenario, the dish will be called Huevos a la Mexicana.
Huevos Rancheros is a classic dish. To make it, you have to prepare the salsa first. Then, cook beans with garlic, water and salt until they get warm. Fry the eggs sunny side up and season them with pepper. Lastly, place warm tortilla topped with beans, cheese and salsa. Sprinkle cilantro over them and serve with salsa.
You will get the detailed steps of the recipe further, along with all the required ingredients, time taken and the steps to be followed. Do try this and you will see how much it will be liked at your place. Take a not of the ingredients first.
Ingredients For Huevos Rancheros
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic; 1 chopped, 1 smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 15.5-ounce can black beans (drained, rinsed)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 6-inch corn tortillas (warmed)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
The ingredients required to make the recipe will be readily available at any supermarket. But make sure you take a look around in your kitchen as you might get them all or few there only. Till then, let me tell you the time you need to prepare this dish.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Huevos Rancheros?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|20 Minutes||15 Minutes||35 Minutes|
Within half an hour, you will be able to get this fulfilling breakfast ready on your plate. The dish is a great option for breakfast.
Steps To Make Huevos Rancheros
- To prepare the salsa, grate tomatoes and onions in a bowl. To this, add jalapeno, chopped garlic, hot sauce, cumin, salt and pepper to taste. Now, take a medium skillet and heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on a low flame. Cook the salsa in it until it thickens. This may take 3 minutes. Set this aside in a bowl.
- In the same skillet, add beans with crushed garlic, ½ cup warm water and salt to taste. Cook this over low flame until it’s warm and mash it lightly using a fork.
- Take another skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and fry eggs sunny side up in it. Sprinkle some pepper.
- Place one tortilla on the plate with some beans. Top it with fried eggs, salsa and cheese. Sprinkle some cilantro and the remaining salsa.
You can add some sugar to the salsa if it tastes more acidic to you.
Nutritional Breakdown of Huevos Rancheros
Take a look at the calorie count of this hearty breakfast meal.
How To Make Huevos Rancheros At Home | Video
I have uploaded a similar video for your convenience. Do watch it to be more clear about the steps involved.
Try this recipe at home and share your reviews and experience while making the recipe. I will be glad to know your reviews. Also, I would like to hear your suggestions regarding any recipe. Let me know if you like to know about certain recipe. I will be delighted to help you. Bon Appetite!