Have a diet absolutely healthy for you. There’s a time in life when simpler it runs smoother is our way to lead it through. And oh! Those tiring days when you do not need a fancy sauce or even fancy food; linger with this recipe towards health and simplicity in your plate.
Uttapam is a south Indian simple delight, light appetite to start a perfect day. The cereal dough and a veggie topping make it a delicious savory with simple sauces to keep you going. Perfect for a breakfast and box it to your kid for lunch, it becomes a likable dish with simple tastes and healthy enough.
How much time it will take:
|10 minutes and overnight||25 minutes||35 minutes|
Ingredients for Vegetable Uttapam:
|Finely chopped carrot||½ unit|
|Chopped onion||1 medium unit|
|Tomato||1 medium unit|
|Urad dal||1 cup|
|Chopped green chilies||2 units|
|Chopped coriander leaves||2 tbsp|
|Oil||Enough to cook utappam|
How to make Vegetable Uttapam | Recipe:
- Mix chopped veggies, chilies and coriander leaves in a bowl.
- For batter preparation; soak urad dal and rice overnight then mash it all, add 2 tsp salt to it and keep it for fermentation for about 8-10 hours.
- On a pre heated non stick pan spread 1 tsp oil.
- Now spread the batter on it in a thick layer.
- Lay veggie mix on the spread batter and cook for 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Now apply oil on the veggie side of the Utappam and turn it upside down, let it cook on medium flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Now serve this Uttapam with the regular tomato ketchup, a taste acceptable to all. This doesn’t even feels like protein filled cereal served in front of you; because the topping would change it into a yummy, quick pizza for all to devour.
Stay tuned for more delights to add on to your life…