An essential that serves all your needs; a recipe that fits in every kind of meal be it a breakfast dish,a side dish, a quick snack or a main course. Life today is all about a fit in all kind of deal; on arrow multiple target kinds.
Dhokla is a Gujrati dish, vegetarian to its cores; spongy in its texture; made of fermented batter of rice and chickpeas also called gram flour; finished by a tadka this dish is a complete amazement of different ingredients put together to make a wonder.
How much time it will take:
Ingredients for Steamed Besan Dhokla:
|Gram flour (besan)||1 cup|
|Citric acid||1 tbsp|
|Turmeric powder||¼ tsp|
|Water||Enough to make batter|
|Baking powder dissolved in water||1 tbsp|
|Mustard seeds||½ tbsp|
|Dried red chilli||1 unit|
|Curry leaves||7-8 units|
How to Make Steamed Besan Dhokla | Recipe:
- In a bowl mix gram flour, citric acid, salt, sugar and turmeric. Add water and make it into a smooth batter with medium thick consistency.
- In a glass make add the fruit salt or baking powder. Add water to it and pour this into the dhokla mixture.
- Grease the steaming tin with 2 drops of oil and por the mixture into it. Steam for about 15-20 minutes or till cooked.
- In a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chillies. Let it splutter.
- Pour the tadka over the prepared dhokla.
- Cut into pieces and serve hot.
Make one such all rounder dish in life and enjoy to the fullest. Savor the state specialty.
Stay tuned for more such recipes to add on to your life…