If you are running out of simple yet elegant dinner ideas to keep yourself full, then spaghetti Frutti di mare is just the hot and savory delight you need to cook up. Whip it up with some baby clams, mussels, squid, and shrimp to appease your palate.
If you are health-conscious then, the spaghetti Frutti di mare recipe is just the one for you. It has a different variety of seafood that is rich in Vitamins A, B, and D. It also has lemon juice that serves your dose of vitamin C.
To make spaghetti Frutti di mare, cook mussels with wine and lemons in a pan. In a pot, boil the spaghetti. Heat olive oil in a pan and add onions and garlic to it. Then, add crushed tomatoes and hot pepper to it. Add the mussels, wild shrimp, and seasoning to the tomato sauce. Lastly, combine the spaghetti and the sauce. Drizzle olive oil over it and garnish with basil and parsley.
This is just a summary of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below.
Ingredients for Spaghetti Frutti Di Mare
- 1 lb Clams & Mussels
- 1 lb Wild Shrimp (peeled)
- 1/2 lb Squid Tentacles
- 1/4 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic (grated)
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1 Lemon (for serving)
- 1/3 cup fresh Basil Leaves
- 3/4 lb Spaghetti
- 1 Batch Arrabiata Tomato sauce
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Spaghetti Frutti Di Mare?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
Steps To Make Spaghetti Frutti Di Mare
- Boil a pot of lightly salted water. Add spaghetti to it and cook it.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add onions and crushed garlic to it. Cook it for 3-4 minutes. Then, add crushed tomatoes and hot pepper. Let this simmer for about a minute until the tomatoes soften up.
- Take a large saucepan and combine the mussels, wine, and lemon in it. Cover it with a lid and check occasionally to see if the mussels have opened up. Strain the liquid through a fine sieve into a container. Put the mussels in a large bowl.
- Add the liquid into the tomato sauce. Let it simmer for about 2-3 minutes. When it starts bubbling, add wild shrimp and mussels to this. Season it with salt and pepper and then, sprinkle some oregano.
- Toss the spaghetti into the sauce and make sure that all the seafood, sauce, and spaghetti are mixed well. Drizzle olive oil over it and sprinkle basil and parsley to garnish.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Nutritional Breakdown of Spaghetti Frutti Di Mare
Here is a quick overview of the nutritional information of Spaghetti Frutti Di Mare
|Dietary Fiber||2.1 g|