If you are running out of simple yet elegant dinner ideas to keep yourself full, then Spaghetti Frutti Di Mare is just the hot and savoury delight you need to cook up. Whip it up with some baby clams, mussels, squid and shrimp to appease your palate.
If you are someone as health-conscious as me, you might also be constantly in an attempt to come up with recipes which are not just tasty but healthy as well. As it is a well-established fact that seafood is rich in Vitamins A, B, and D and this recipe is full of them.
To make spaghetti frutti di mare, cook the mussels in a large saucepan with wine and lemons, while you are making the sauce to slather on the dish, boil spaghetti in a pot. Heat olive oil, add onions, garlic and then add crushed tomatoes and hot pepper. Drain the liquid from the mussels into the tomato sauce and add wild shrimp. Combine the sauce, mussels, shrimp, tomato sauce and spaghetti and serve it hot.
Hopefully, you will find the quick description of the recipe intriguing enough for you to check out the detailed stepwise recipe of Spaghetti Frutti Di Mare. But before you jump to the recipe, find out if you have all the necessary ingredients in order to make this hot and spicy dish.
Ingredients for Spaghetti Frutti Di Mare
- 1 lb Clams & Mussels
- 1 lb Wild Shrimp (peeled)
- 1/2 lb Squid Tentacles
- 1/4 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic Grated
- 1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 c White Wine
- 1 Lemon for Serving
- 1/3 c Fresh Basil Leaves
- 3/4 lb Spaghetti
- 1 Batch Arrabiata Tomato sauce
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Once you have gathered all the ingredients, it is time to check how much time is required for you to come up with this stellar dish. I have mentioned that in the next segment of the article.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Spaghetti Frutti Di Mare?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
Unlike other elaborate recipes, spaghetti frutti di mare can be cooked within a short span of time. All you need to make sure that you can get your hands on fresh seafood and then you can go on to find out all the steps in order to make this delish dish.
Steps To Make Spaghetti Frutti Di Mare
Now that you have a fair knowledge of everything you need in order to cook this dish, it only fitting that you head on to inquire about the steps involved in the spaghetti frutti di mare recipe so you can come up with a checklist of your own. Here is the stepwise description to make spaghetti frutti di mare.
- Boil a pot of lightly salted water. Add spaghetti sufficient for a single serving.
- Take another pan to prepare the sauce while the spaghetti is being cooked. Heat olive oil in the pan and then add onions along with crushed garlic. Cook it for 3-4 minutes and then add crushed tomatoes and hot pepper. Let this simmer for about a minute until the tomatoes soften up.
- Now you are required to cook the seafood separately. Take a large saucepan and combine the mussels, wine and lemon, cover the lid and check occasionally to see if the mussels have opened up. Strain the liquid through a fine sieve into a container and collect the mussels in a large bowl, disregard any unopened mussels and lemons.
- Add the liquid into the tomato sauce. Let it simmer it for about 2-3 minutes, when it starts bubbling, add wild shrimp and mussels to this. Season it with salt and pepper and then sprinkle some oregano.
- Toss the spaghetti into the sauce and make sure that all the seafood, sauce and spaghetti are mixed well. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle basil and parsley graciously.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Not only this recipe is great for your palate but has great nutritional value to it. Read on in order to know better.
Nutritional Breakdown of Spaghetti Frutti Di Mare
Here is a quick overview of the nutritional information of Spaghetti Frutti Di Mare
|Dietary Fiber||2.1 g|
How To Make Spaghetti Frutti Di Mare | Video
Even if you have any doubts after reading the recipe, you can check this video out.
Cook this dish by taking the needed support from the recipe, let me know in the comment section, how does it work out for you. If you like, you can add a little twist of your own make sure to share it with me and fellow readers in the comment section.