This crispy and crunchy shrimp recipe is one of the best recipes you’ll ever have. This honey walnut shrimp can be easily made at home in very less time, and I will show you how.
Honey walnut shrimp originated from Hong Kong and is considered a Chinese cuisine that is very famous. But now, Americans also love this delicacy. I have learnt this recipe from my friend. He went to Shanghai for his work and came home with the recipe.
To prepare this honey walnut shrimp, you need egg whites, sugar, mayonnaise, cornstarch and honey., Boil these ingredients in a small saucepan and combine cornstarch with eggs and whisk them. Now add the shrimp to the batter and fry them at 350degrees for few minutes.
The detailed recipe and the ingredients are given below. Just check the ingredients first and then move to the steps of this recipe so that you can easily make this recipe at home.
Ingredients For Honey Walnut Shrimp
- 1cup Water
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/2cup Walnuts
- 1/2cup Sugar
- 1/2cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2cup Cornstarch
- 1tbsp Honey
- 1lb Shrimp
- 1tbsp Condensed Milk
- 1/2cup Oil
All of these ingredients are very common and anyone can easily find them in your kitchen. Now moving ahead with the time that this recipe consumes.
How Much Time It Will Take Honey Walnut Shrimp?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||10 minutes||15 minutes|
This is a very quick recipe and you can make it easily in only 15 minutes. And now is the time for what you’ve been waiting for; the detailed steps of this walnut shrimp recipe.
Steps To Make Honey Walnut Shrimp
- In a small saucepan, add water, sugar, walnuts and boil them for few minutes.
- After boiling them, remove walnuts and dry them on a dish.
- Now combine the cornstarch with eggs and whisk them together.
- In this batter, add shrimp and only one at a time.
- Fry the shrimp in a medium-sized pot at 350degrees for 4 to 5 minutes.
- For the sauce, add Mayonnaise, honey and sweetened condensed milk and whisk to combine.
- In the sauce, add fried shrimp and coat with a large spoon.
- Serve them on a serving plate and top with candied walnuts.
Your walnut shrimp is ready now. You can serve it with steamed rice or fried rice.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Walnut Shrimp
Shrimp has a variety of health benefits. That is why, I am going to show you the nutrients present in this recipe.
How To Make Honey Walnut Shrimp At Home | Video
I have added this video for you, so you can watch the preparation of this dish anytime.
Try this recipe and tell me about it in the comment section and if you have any problem or any confusion, do ask me in the comment section below. I will get back to you soon with the solution.