Festive season means binging on great food. What can be better than indulging in some chicken dressed in delicious spices? Sounds good? So, try out this honey lemon pepper wings recipe that’s perfect for any occasion.
Sweet, tangy, and delicious, the honey lemon pepper wings require just a few ingredients to make an incredible dish. To make honey lemon pepper wings you need ingredients like honey, lemon pepper seasoning, juice and zest of lemon, ginger and garlic powder, paprika, and chicken wings.
This recipe serves four people and gets ready within 40 minutes. However, the whole play is about marinating the chicken well. So, keep in mind to let the chicken marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Honey lemon pepper wings taste delicious because of the glaze that coats them. The glaze has such a beautiful mix of sweet, sour, and peppery flavors that this dish can be served straight out of the oven. You will surely not miss a dipping sauce.
But if you wish to convert this side dish into a complete meal, you can serve it with a green salad, crusty bread, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, or a simple rice dish.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Honey Lemon Pepper Wings?
- Oven – You will need an oven to bake the honey lemon pepper wings.
- Saucean – A saucepan will be required to make the glaze.
- Spatula – A spatula will be needed to mix the glaze ingredients.
- Tongs – Tongs will help you to take the hot honey lemon pepper wings out of the oven.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Honey Lemon Pepper Wings?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||4 Hours||40 Minutes||50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Honey Lemon Pepper Wings?
- Chicken Wings – To make honey lemon pepper wings, you will need two and a half lb. chicken wings.
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning – To marinate the wings you will need 1 tablespoon of lemon pepper seasoning.
- Ginger Powder – Half teaspoon of ginger powder will be added to the marinade to bring sharp and spicy flavor to the wings.
- Salt – Half teaspoon of salt will balance the savoriness of the dish.
- Paprika – We will add half a teaspoon of paprika to the wings for some heat.
- Olive Oil – Once tablespoon of olive oil in the wings marinade will help you coat the chicken wings easily.
- Honey – To prepare the glaze for the wings we will need half cup of honey that will add some sweetness.
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon – The juice and zest of one lemon will add a tangy flavor to the glaze.
- Garlic Powder – To add a garlicky punch to the wings, we will add one teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Black Pepper – One teaspoon of black pepper in the glaze will add peppery notes to the chicken wings.
Steps To Make Honey Lemon Pepper Wings
1. Marinate The Wings
Put the chicken wings in a bag and add lemon pepper seasoning, ginger powder, salt, paprika and olive oil into it. Massage the seasoning into the chicken wings to coat them fully and let them marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. Bake The Chicken Wings
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the marinated chicken wings on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and place it into the oven. Bake the chicken wings in a preheated oven for 35 mins.
3. Prepare The Glaze
Take a small saucepan and add honey, zest and juice of one lemon, garlic powder, and black pepper. Let the mixture cook for 5 minutes on high flame. When the wings are semi-baked, remove them from the oven and pour the glaze over the chicken wings.
Increase the oven temperature up to 450 degrees and place the wings into the oven again. Bake the chicken wings for 10 mins or until they turn golden brown. Take them out of the oven and serve warm.
What Are The Other Ways To Make Honey Lemon Pepper Wings?
In this recipe, we make honey lemon pepper wings by baking them in an oven. But there are also other ways to make honey lemon pepper wings.
1. Air Fried Honey Lemon Pepper Wings
If you enjoy air-fried food, you can cook honey lemon pepper wings by tossing them in an air-fryer at 400°F for 7-9 minutes. Once they are cooked, toss them up in the glaze and cook for 3-4 minutes more.
2. Deep Fried Honey Lemon Pepper Wings
If you love fried chicken wings, you can also deep fry the marinated chicken wings. Make the glaze on the stovetop and toss the wings with the glaze.
How to Serve Honey Lemon Pepper Wings?
The honey lemon pepper wings are best served straight out of the oven. Before serving them, you can sprinkle them with chopped parsley, toasted sesame seeds, or finely chopped green onions if you wish.
If you wish to serve honey lemon pepper wings as a main dish, you can serve them alongside a green salad, crusty bread, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, or a simple rice dish.
How to Store Honey Lemon Pepper Wings?
Got some leftover honey lemon chicken wings? No worries. You can refrigerate honey lemon chicken wings for up to 3 days in an airtight container. You can also freeze them in the deep freezer for a month.
Before eating, you can reheat them in the preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ 180 degrees Celsius for 10 – 15 minutes or until heated through.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.4 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Vitamin C||2 mg|
How Will Honey Lemon Pepper Wings Look and Taste Like?
Honey lemon pepper wings are a delicious and easy recipe to make. This dish can be savored by itself or with a green salad, bread, mac & cheese, and mashed potatoes.
Honey lemon pepper wings not only taste delicious, they also look appetizing with a glossy glaze. These wings are crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside. Try out this recipe and tell me how did you find it in the comments sections below.
Honey Lemon Pepper Wings Recipe
- 2½ lb. Chicken Wings
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Ginger Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ cup Honey
- 1 Lemon Juice and Zest
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Put the chicken wings in a bag and add lemon pepper seasoning, ginger powder, salt, paprika and olive oil into it. Massage the chicken with the seasoning to coat it evenly.
- Let the chicken marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the marinated chicken wings on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and put it into the oven. Bake the wings in a preheated oven for 35 mins.
- Take a small pan and add honey, zest and lemon juice, garlic powder and black pepper to prepare the glaze. Let the mixture cook for 5 minutes on high flame.
- When the wings are done, remove from the oven and pour the glaze over the chicken wings. Increase the oven temperature up to 450 degrees and place the wings into the oven once again.
- Bake the chicken wings for 10 mins or until they turn golden brown. Take them out of the oven and serve warm.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to make crispy chicken wings?
To make the chicken wings crispy, dry them well with paper towels before coating them with spices. The lesser the moisture on chicken wings, the crispier they will be. Also, cook them on high heat.
What parts of the chicken can be glazed?
You can use the above -mentioned glaze for drumsticks, thighs, or chicken breasts.
How can I store leftover chicken wings?
You can refrigerate the leftover chicken wings in an airtight container for 3 days or freeze them for a month.
Honey lemon pepper wings are a sumptuous treat that can be served as a starter and main course. This incredible dish comes together in 50 minutes. You can also make this dish ahead of time and reheat and serve.