Stewing meat and vegetables with seasonings and other spices, homemade Goulash is one of the best dishes ever. Tracing the origins back to Hungary, it is commonly eaten in many parts of Europe. A pure delight!
My grandmother is a chef. So, she cooks delicious dishes for us. She was the one who introduced me to Goulash. She usually tells me that homemade Goulash has no comparison, as it is the best thing you would ever eat.
Eventually, I too learnt how to make Goulash at home. Homemade Goulash tastes differently, it is like the most fantastic dish that ever touched your mouth. I always cook it for parties at my place and garner everybody’s special attention.
Easy and quick to make, homemade Goulash would make you feel energetic and cheerful. Let’s now find the magic behind homemade Goulash by checking out the recipe given below.
Homemade Goulash Recipe Ingredients Required
|Olive oil||1 tbsp|
|Diced onion||1 cup|
|Green bell pepper (diced)||1|
|Lean ground beef||2 lbs|
|Minced garlic||3 tsp|
|Tomato sauce||2 X 15 oz cans|
|Petite diced tomatoes||2 X 15 oz cans|
|Beef Broth||3 cups|
|Worcestershire Sauce||3 tbsp|
|Seasoned salt||2 tsp|
|Italian seasoning||2 tbsp|
|Macaroni noodles, uncooked||2 cups|
|Cheddar cheese, shredded||1 cup|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|5 minutes||30 minutes||35 minutes|
Homemade Goulash Recipe
- Take a large pot and heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Now, in that large pot, put in bell pepper, onion, and ground beef. Let it cook until beef loses its pinkish colour.
- After draining off excess fat from it, rearrange the pot on the top of the stove.
- Then, add garlic and mix it well. Stop when you smell the fragrance.
- Now, add diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, tomato sauce, bay leaves, broth, beef, seasoned salt and dries macaroni noodles.
- Mix well and let it boil.
- Reduce heat. Bring it to a light boil with occasional stirring.
- Turn off the heat when the pasta is tender.
- Before serving, garnish with cheddar cheese and remove bay leaves.
- Enjoy the dish!
Homemade Goulash Recipe Nutritional Information
|Saturated fats||10 g|
|Vitamin A||174 IU|
|Vitamin C||12 mg|