The silky smooth holiday only mashed potatoes is a perfect treat. On a fine holiday, we often crave exquisite food that doesn’t require much effort. Mashed potatoes can be quick and easy to cook. Moreover, it is a perfect meal to break bread. A spoonful of mashed potatoes is good at providing energy even to the enduring athletes. Nevertheless, a holiday without mashed potatoes just feels wrong!
The secret to fantastic spud is ingenious: real butter. It adds a great flavor to satisfying mashed potatoes. Some cream or even cheese can be added for a slight tangy flavor. Making variations to the food we cook adds a gratifying sense of taste. I will share some pro tips which will help you to make them perfect like this every time.
Best meal, no-fuss mashed potatoes, is a piece of cake. There is no hustle and bustle to cook mashed potatoes. We will see the equipment required, the time taken, and the nutritional value down below. Ever wondered how easy as pie is to make delicious mashed potatoes on a holiday. If yes, then Let’s jump in to look at the easy tips for perfect mashed potatoes.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Holiday Only Mashed Potatoes?
- Large pit- The additional space in the large pit will bring the mashed potatoes to an adequate boil.
- Bowl- For mixing the ingredients, keep a bowl aside.
- Oven- Boil the potatoes in the pre heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Peeler, spoon, knife- Peel the potatoes with the peeler, remove the little knots with the spoon. Cut the potatoes with a knife so that it doesn’t have an eternity to boil.
- Spatula- To alleviate the lumps, a spatula can be of great help.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Holiday Only Mashed Potatoes?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||25 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Holiday Only Mashed Potatoes?
- Potatoes– Add potatoes, a staple of many meals around every corner of the world.
- Heavy Cream – Adequately one cup of heavy cream will give a smushed texture.
- Butter– Half cup of butter can add a tangy flavor to the mashed potatoes.
- Salt And Pepper– This duo adds spicy flavor to the blanched potatoes.
Steps To Make Holiday Only Mashed Potatoes
1. Getting The Potatoes Ready
Begin with peeling off the potatoes, slice them into chunks so the time is saved. Wash them properly to remove the dirt. Place the chunks of potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover it. The extra space in the large pot will steam the potatoes appropriately.
2. Boil ‘Em Up
Bring it to a boil and cook until fork tender, for about 20 minutes. Once the potatoes are properly boiled, it will be easy to mash them. To have the smoothest mashed potatoes, start taking out the lumps with the help of a spatula. Mash the potatoes by adding a little heavy cream and melted butter.
3. Garnish With The Seasoning
Embellish the seasoning on the top of mashed potatoes. Sprinkle the salt and pepper per your taste. To make it look delicious, we will further add some shredded basil or mint leaves. Also, let a dab of butter drool all over it.
How Will The Holiday Only Mashed Potatoes Look And Taste Like?
The butter added to the finely mashed potatoes will give it a tang flavor. The grated basil leaves will make it look appetizing. Basil has a sweet and salty taste while mint has a tangy flavor. You can add any one of them to your dressing.
Holiday Only Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Large Pot
- 5 Potatoes
- 1 dallop Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Start with peeling off the potatoes. Cut them into chunks and wash them properly.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover it. Bring it to a boil and cook until fork tender, for about 20 mins.
- While the potatoes are boiling, melt the butter and cream to prepare the seasoning.
- Once the potatoes are blanched, add the seasoning and mix it well.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper as per your taste
- At the end, let the butter drool all over it.
Try and enjoy the amazing holiday only mashed potatoes recipe. Let me know how it goes in the comment section below!