Whenever we picture a salad, we usually think about a bowl full of leafy greens. But what if I tell you that I have a salad recipe that looks vibrant with Christmas colors and is amazing too. Yup, I am talking about the holiday fruit salad with marshmallows. The salad is made with delicious sweet and sour fruits and a sour cream dressing. This is the official holiday salad if you ask me (which you won’t, but still).
Fruit salads are a staple at a holiday dinner. They are healthy and go perfectly with the Christmas theme. So, it is the responsibility of the salad-maker to make a delicious dish that everybody will definitely fall in love with. But it might seem like a hassle. Worry not, dear reader. I have the solution to both these problems in the form of this recipe for holiday fruit salad with marshmallows.
It has mandarins, grapes, cherries, and pineapples, all healthy and delicious. The dressing is a simple and generous dollop of sour cream. There is a little shredded coconut for a sweet and nutty flavor. There are also tiny marshmallows to intrigue the kids. All of these together make for a great holiday fruit salad that’ll be gone as soon as you put it on the table. Scroll down to find the complete recipe for holiday fruit salad with marshmallows.
1. Shaved Cauliflower Salad– Shaved cauliflower salad has thin cauliflower florets filled with the flavors of Dijon mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast. This salad is topped with grated parmesan cheese and is seasoned with salt and pepper. It’s a simple yet scrumptious salad to be enjoyed at a holiday feast.
2. Garrotxa Bread Salad– Garrotxa bread is a tantalizing salad treat filled with crispy bread and Garrotxa cheese. Arugula leaves add freshness and delicious earthy flavors to the salad. This salad is dressed with the flavors of Dijon mustard, horseradish, white wine vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. The membrillo adds to the sweet delight of the salad.
3. Scallion Salad– Have you tried a simple salad with a twist of Korean BBQ flavors? If not, then Scallion salad is the one you should try. This salad has thin white and green scallion strips tossed in rice vinegar dressing. It’s mildly flavored with sugar and is topped with chopped cilantro.
4. Antipasto Salad– Antipasto salad is an Italian salad. It’s a delicious chorus of pasta, veggies, and meat. Cheese and pepperoni added to this salad add more fun and flavor to this salad. It’s dressed with mouth-watering flavors of oregano, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Holiday Fruit Salad With Marshmallows?
- Large Bowl- Make the salad in a large bowl.
- Wooden Spoon- Use the spoon for mixing and then serving.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Holiday Fruit Salad With Marshmallows?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||–||10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Holiday Fruit Salad With Marshmallows
- Fruits (Mandarin Oranges, Grapes, Maraschino Cherries, Pineapple)- The fruits for this salad are its key ingredients and make the salad delicious and vibrant. The grapes used are both red and green. The maraschino cherries are also red and green. This makes the salad look beautiful with all the Christmas colors. Also, pineapple used is unsweetened so the salad doesn’t become too sugary or sweet.
- Miniature Marshmallows- Add the marshmallows to make the salad kid-friendly (when I say kid, I mean me)
- Sweetened Shredded Coconut- Add a little of the coconut to make the salad sweet and nutty.
- Sour Cream- Sour cream helps bring the salad together and makes it creamy. Also, it goes great with the fruits.
Steps To Make Holiday Fruit Salad With Marshmallows
1. Fruit And Tiny Marshmallows
This salad needs just two steps to make. In the first step, add the oranges, grapes, cherries, and pineapple to a large bowl. Also, add the tiny marshmallows and shredded coconut bowls and toss them a little.
2. Sour Cream With Sweet Fruits
If you want to serve the salad immediately, add the sour cream and mix everything. This is insider information, but if you add the sour cream way before serving, the salad will become watery and soggy. So, always add it just before serving.
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
How Will The Holiday Fruit Salad With Marshmallows Look And Taste Like?
The salad is filled with vibrance and flavors. The fruits are sweet but have a sour kick too. The shredded coconut gives the salad a sweet and nutty flavor, which I have mentioned thrice now. The sour cream is just like a smooth blanket for the fruits and goes really well with the crunchy fruits. Serve this salad at your Christmas dinner and watch the bowl become empty in just a few minutes.
Holiday Fruit Salad With Marshmallows Recipe
- 1 (15-ounces) can Mandarin Oranges (drained)
- 1 ½ cups Seedless Red Grapes (halved)
- 1 ½ cups Green Grapes (halved)
- 1 (10-ounces) jar Red Maraschino Cherries (rinsed, drained)
- 1 (10-ounces) jar Green Maraschino Cherries (rinsed, drained)
- 1 (8-ounces) can Unsweetened Pineapple Chunks (drained)
- 2 cups Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Take a large bowl and add the oranges, grapes, cherries, and pineapple to it. Then, add the mini marshmallows and the shredded coconut to it. Toss everything to combine.
- After that, add the sour cream to the bowl. Mix so everything gets covered with the cream and then serve.
This is all about the creamy holiday fruit salad with marshmallows. Make this beautiful salad at home and tell me how everyone fell in love with it in the comments. I’ll have to take your leave now. See you next time!