Halloween treats and movies go hand-in-hand when the spooky season arrives. One of the most classic Halloween movies that come to mind is Sanderson Sisters’ Hocus Pocus! So, why not indulge in some Halloween treats inspired by them?
Every season when Nestlé brings out the hocus pocus cookies, people go crazy to get their hands on them. The madness of these cookies is understandable because they turn out to be so delicious. However, you don’t have to run to the store to buy these cookies because you can easily make them at home.
It’s super easy to make, and you really don’t have to stand in a cue to get them from outside. The hocus pocus cookies are made out of simple ingredients. These include M&M’s to portray the colors worn by Sanderson Sisters, then comes flour, pumpkin spice, peanut butter, sugar, and oats.
If you have been a fan of the Sanderson sisters, you know their favorite colors are yellow, orange, and purple. However, since you can’t buy these colors together in a bag, you can buy the different colors by the pound or make your own Hocus Pocus-themed M&M’s on their website.
If you’ve woken up in the mornings craving the hocus pocus cookies, then you can make them within an hour, using the recipe below, at any time of the year. So, come, let’s check out this delicious hocus pocus cookies recipe that will leave you impressed with your baking skills.
Other Halloween Recipes That You Can Try
- Lolly Pop Ghosts
- Monster Cake Pops
- Ghostbuster Birthday Cake
- Hostess Twinkies
- Marshmallow Pops
- Marshmallow Toppers
- Ghostbuster Cocktail
- Ghostbuster Cookies
- Nutter Butter Boos
- Crockpot Candy Crack
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Hocus Pocus Cookies?
- Oven- You will require an oven to bake the cookies.
- Baking Tray – A baking tray is needed to line up the cookie dough for baking.
- Silicon Mat or Parchment Paper- A silicon mat or parchment paper will prevent your cookies from sticking onto the baking tray.
- Bowl – You will need a bowl to prepare the cookie dough.
- Electric Mixer – An electric mixer will help you mix all the ingredients.
- Cookie Scoop – A cookie scooper will be required to divide the cookie dough proportionately.
- Cooling Rack – Lastly, you will require a cooling rack to cool the cookies before you bite into them.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Hocus Pocus Cookies?
|Preparation Time||Baking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||35 Minutes||45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Hocus Pocus Cookies
- Old Fashioned Oats – Oats will provide a crunch to your cookies and make the base along with the flour.
- All-Purpose Flour – Flour is the base ingredient into which you’ll add all the other ingredients.
- Baking Soda – Baking soda helps to make the cookies light and fluffy.
- Butter – Butter will provide richness and tenderness to the cookies.
- Peanut Butter – Peanut butter gives the cookies the flavor they are known for.
- Salt – Salt will help to bring out all the flavors.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – Pumpkin pie spice will bring warmth to cookies.
- Granulated Sugar – Sugar will add sweetness to the cookies.
- Brown Sugar – Brown sugar will moisten the cookie and make it chewy.
- Egg – The egg helps to bind all the ingredients together.
- Vanilla Extract – Vanilla extract provides the heavenly aroma that baked goods are known for.
- Mini Chocolate Chips – Chocolate chips will add a bite and chocolate flavor to the cookies.
- Yellow, Orange, Purple M&M’s – M&M’s are used to decorate the cookies in Sanderson Sisters feel.
Steps To Make Hocus Pocus Cookies
1. Prepare The Cookie Batter
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line the baking tray with parchment paper or silicon mat. Then take the bowl of an electric mixer and beat together butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and brown sugar until they turn light and fluffy. Now slowly beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Take a large bowl and combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt, mini chocolate chips, and pumpkin pie spice until everything mixes well. Stir this mixture into the butter mixture.
2. Bake The Cookies
Now your cookie dough is ready. Using a cookie scoop, scoop out cookies on your baking tray. Once done, press 5-6 M&M candies in different colors on each cookie dough. Put the tray in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges seem to be set and the center a little wet. Take out the baking tray and transfer the cookies to the cooling rack after 5 minutes.
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Vitamin A||146 IU|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
How Will The Hocus Pocus Cookie Look And Taste Like?
Hocus Pocus cookies look absolutely gorgeous and are divine in taste. They are chewy and crunchy in texture and make for a perfect Halloween item to impress every guest. Go ahead, bake these cookies and let me know all the compliments you received in the comments sections.
Hocus Pocus Cookies Recipe
- 11/2 cup Old Fashioned Oat
- 11/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chip
- 1 Cup M&M's
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Line baking sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars until fluffy for about 3 minutes. Now, slowly add egg and vanilla extract and beat until completely combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking soda, salt, mini chocolate chips, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir these dry ingredients into the butter mixture until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop up eight cookies by placing them two inches apart. Press 5-6 chocolate candies on top of each cookie dough heap.
- Now bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes or until the edges are set. But the center should be a little wet. At this point the cookies will look very fluffy. Let the cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
What are hocus pocus cookies?
Hocus Pocus cookies are Halloween-themed cookies named after the movie Hocus Pocus. They are made with a peanut butter cookie base and topped with M&M’s of specific colors inspired by Sanderson Sisters.
What flavor is the Hocus Pocus cookie?
Hocus Pocus cookies are peanut butter-flavored cookies that come with the warmth of pumpkin pie spice representing fall flavors.
How much time does it take to make Hocus Pocus cookies?
Hocus Pocus cookies are easy to make. These cookies can be made within an hour using a small list of ingredients.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this fun Halloween cookie recipe as much as I did sharing it with you all. Do try this recipe and tell me your experience of making them. If you want to know more about such recipes, head to the recipe section of our website.