Hobo beans are a delicious mixture of different types of beans cooked with a hamburger and bacon in a thick delicious sauce. It is slowly cooked to give it a rich taste.
Hobo beans is a delicious recipe with different types of beans. it is a rich source of proteins as it has meat, bacon, and a variety of beans. It also uses condiments to make a sweet and spicy sauce. They are cooked slowly so they have rich flavors.
To make hobo beans, cook hamburgers and bacon in a skillet. Then, add the cooked hamburgers, bacon, onions, baked beans, pork, kidney beans, and lima beans to a slow cooker. Also, add mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar to it. Cook them for 3 hours. Take it out and serve.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Small Red Beans and Rice– Tender red beans and spicy Andouille sausage are cooked into a full-bodied dish that’s heavy on aromatics and authentic flavor. It’s that classic Southern comfort food, Louisiana Red Beans, and Rice.
2. Kabocha Squash– Kabocha squash is a Japanese version of squash that is quite heavy and dark in size and color. The recipe is short and can be made within a few minutes.
3. Soy Burger– A great burger is the birthright of every American. These burgers made with soybeans are the best veggie burgers I’ve ever had.
4. Black Chickpea– This recipe is perfect for vegetarians who want to add some protein to their diet. Black chickpea serves this purpose perfectly. They contain a lot of protein and fiber and are a complete meal itself.
Hobo Beans Recipe
- Large Skillet
- Slow Cooker
- 1 pound Hamburger
- ½ pound Bacon
- 28 ounces Baked Beans With Pork
- 15 ounces Kidney Beans
- 15 ounces Lima Beans
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- In a large skillet heat, cook hamburger and bacon for 10 minutes until it turns brown.
- Add the cooked hamburger and bacon, onions, baked beans, pork, kidney beans, lima beans, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar in a slow cooker.
- Turn on the cooker and let them cook for 3 hours.
- Serve immediately.