You must have tried out traditional ordinary hot chocolate, but here we add a little spice to the drink. Hershey’s spiced hot chocolate is refreshing and very easy to make. Now, let’s have a quick overview of the recipe.
To prepare Hershey’s spiced hot chocolate, combine Hershey’s cocoa, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a glass. Now, pour milk and stir in the cloves and cinnamon. Beat until a form is formed and served.
If you decided to use the star anise, keep in mind that the longer you leave the pods in the liquid, the stronger the flavor will be.
Now, let’s check out the detailed recipe. Also, do check out other recipes made with Hershey’s syrup.
1. Hershey’s Straw Oats Smoothie– A pleasant and refreshing drink, Smoothie is what we crave for after every busy or tiresome day. But what about an amalgamation of strawberry and oats in a smoothie?
2. Hershey’s Joco Phirni– You might be heard about Rice phirni but this Hershey’s Joco Phirni is a complete package of all mother’s problems. As we all know Hershey’s Chocolate syrup is the first choice of most of the kids.
3. Choco Martini– Hershey’s Choco Martini is a soothing and refreshing drink. A tinge of Hershey’s chocolate flavoured syrup along with vanilla ice cream and sprite not only gives you amazing flavours but also rejuvenates and brighten up your dead spirits.
4. Hershey’s Out Of The World Cheesecake– Hershey’s out of the world cheesecake is a tasty recipe that you can easily make at your home. This can be the perfect dessert for your loved ones.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Hershey’s Spiced Hot Chocolate?
- Saucepan – Prepare the spiced hot chocolate in a saucepan until you achieve a foamy texture.
- Spoon – Stir the vanilla a bd cloves into the milk with a spoon. Whisk the hot chocolate until you observe foam.
- Glass – Serve the prepared Hershey’s spice hot chocolate in a glass.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Hershey’s Spiced Hot Chocolate?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Hershey’s Spiced Hot Chocolate?
- Hershey’s Cocoa Powder – You need to use Hershey’s cocoa powder, which creates a milder flavor and darker color.
- Milk – This recipe can use any type of milk or cream. A combination of whole milk and cream is preferred for ultra-thick and creamy. Just know that the hot chocolate will come out thinner.
- Water – Prepare a smooth cocoa mixture by adding water to the saucepan.
- Vanilla Extract – Vanilla extract will add floral notes, providing sweet flavor.
- Cinnamon Sticks – I prefer to use whole cinnamon sticks as they don’t leave a grainy residue on the bottom of your cup.
- Cloves – Cloves provide a depth of flavor without which no spiced hot chocolate is complete.
- Ground Cinnamon – Adding cinnamon will give this drink a unique sweet and smooth chocolate heat flavoring.
- Ground Nutmeg – Nutmeg will add heat and provide warmth to the drink.
- Sugar – Sugar will enhance the flavors of the ingredients.
Steps To Make Hershey’s Spiced Hot Chocolate
1. Spicy Hot Chocolate!
Take a large saucepan and add water to it. Keep the pan over medium flame and add Hershey’s cocoa, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in it.
Let the mixture boil for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Now, pour milk into the pan and heat it.
2. Spice-Up The Drink
Once done, remove the saucepan from the flame. Stir in whole cloves and vanilla extract.
Now, whisk the milk until you observe the foam. Take a serving glass and ladle the prepared hot chocolate into it.
Serve the drink with cinnamon sticks on top.
How Will Hershey’s Spiced Hot Chocolate Look And Taste Like?
Starring vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and clove, this spice combo becomes a flavor explosion when mixed with creamy milk and chocolatey cocoa.
Hot chocolate is thick, rich, hot drink made from melted shaved chocolate and whole milk or cream. This drink gets its sweetness from the sugar in the melted chocolate.
Hershey’s Spiced Hot Chocolate Recipe
- ¼ cup Hershey’s Cocoa
- 3 ½ cups Milk
- ½ cup Hot Water
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Ground Clove
- 4 Cinnamon Sticks
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- Take a large saucepan and combine Hershey’s cocoa, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add hot water to it and heat over medium flame.
- Let it boil and keep stirring for 3 minutes.
- Now, add milk and heat it.
- Then, remove the saucepan from flame.
- Stir in cloves and vanilla.
- Now, whisk until you observe the foam.
- Take a serving glass. Pour the prepared spiced hot chocolate into it.
- Serve with cinnamon sticks on top.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What’s the Difference Between Hot Cocoa and Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate is thick, rich, hot drink made from melted shaved chocolate and whole milk or cream. Hot cocoa is thinner hot drink made from cocoa powder, which is usually sweetened with sugar.
Which cocoa powder should you use in spiced hot chocolate?
To make a delicious cup of hot cocoa from scratch, you need to use Dutch-processed cocoa powder or Hershey’s cocoa unsweetened. If you haven’t heard of that before, it might sound fancy. But chances are you might already have this in your pantry!
Can I add alcohol to hot chocolate?
Yes, you can add Rumchata, peppermint schnapps, Godiva chocolate liqueur, Kahlua, baileys, etc., until you’re serving out the hot cocoa. Add as much as you’d like and, above all, enjoy!
How do you spice up hot chocolate?
An easy way to add extra flavor to any cup of cocoa—be it out of the box or homemade—is to add a touch of your favorite spices. A sprinkle of cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg or even cayenne can all be welcome warming additions.
Now, it’s your turn to make this awesome recipe at your home. Also, don’t forget to share your reviews in the comment section below.