Shrikhand is an Indian sweet dish prominent in Gujarat and Maharashtra. In this version of the recipe, we will use Hershey’s caramel-flavored syrup. So, in this post, let’s see how to make this refreshing Hershey’s shrikhand with caramel flavor.
To prepare Hershey’s shrikhand with caramel flavor, mix powdered sugar, cardamom powder, black pepper, and Hershey’s caramel flavored syrup, and hung curd in a bowl until thick. Refrigerate and serve.
If you’re seeking alternative sugars, some ingredients are good while others don’t work. Liquid sugars like honey, molasses, or maple syrup make for a runny dessert. So avoid them.
Now, let’s see the detailed recipe. Also, do check out other recipes made with Hershey’s syrup.
1. Hershey’s Double Strawberry Milkshake– Hershey’s double strawberry milkshake is a refreshing drink. Hershey’s syrup can make ordinary milkshakes very tasty and exciting. It’s very easy to make the shake and requires few ingredients.
2. Hershey’s Sheer Khurma Sips– Sheer Khurma is a traditional Hyderabadi rice vermicelli pudding made during Eid and other festivities. Hershey’s Sheer Khurma Sips garnished with icing sugar and dried rose petals is a sumptuous and must-eat delicacy.
3. Hershey’s Guava Chutney– It is fairly easy and simple to make Guava Chutney at home. You can serve it chilled along with side and main dishes. It goes well with snacks as well. Also, can you imagine homemade guava chutney made with lemons, ginger, chilies and Hershey’s caramel?
4. Hershey’s Yum Warm Malpua– Yummy and warm malpuas are one of the favorite desserts of many Indians. With the addition of Hershey’s cocoa powder to make sugar syrup, the taste and flavor of malpuas increase manifold. Hershey’s products never fail to impress.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Hershey’s Shrikhand With Caramel Flavor?
- Bowl – Prepare Hershey’s shrikhand with caramel flavor in a bowl until thick.
- Spoon – Stir all the ingredients with a spoon until well combined.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Hershey’s Shrikhand With Caramel Flavor?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||–||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Hershey’s Shrikhand With Caramel Flavor?
- Hung Curd – Hung curd being the main ingredient, pay close attention when you are straining it. Use fresh hung curd as it not too sour.
- Hershey’s Caramel Flavored Syrup – Hershey’s caramel-flavored syrup has a thin consistency and pours easily. It will add sweetness, making shrikhand smooth.
- Powdered Sugar – Shrikhand is slightly tangier than mind numbing sweet. Control the level of sweetness by adding the right amount of powdered raw sugar. Don’t use icing sugar as it contains cornstarch and is better suited for frosting.
- Cardamom Powder – Cardamom is to Indian sweets what pure cinnamon is to western desserts. This spice adds a sweet tinge to any dessert you make. Use green cardamoms rather than the spicier black one.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper will add a kick of spiciness, making Hershey’s shrikhand with caramel flavor bold.
Steps To Make Hershey’s Shrikhand With Caramel Flavor
1. It’s One-Step Process
Take a bowl and mix powdered sugar, half a teaspoon of cardamom powder, and one teaspoon of crushed black pepper.
Now pour in Hersey’s caramel flavored syrup and a cup of hung curd in a bowl. Combine the mixture until it has a thick consistency and refrigerate.
How Will Hershey’s Shrikhand With Caramel Flavor Look And Taste Like?
Shrikhand is an Indian dessert that is widely popular in the states of Gujarat and Maharashtra. It can be easily modified and adapted.
This no-cook, no-fail, creamy, thick, dense, and silky smooth dessert tastes like tart cheesecake filling, creamy mousse, or a thick pudding.
If you want to make something easy for parties, this is so rich and creamy. You can make this for 2 people or for 20 people. This recipe is so much versatile, you can add whatever nuts or whatever fruits you like.
Hershey’s Shikhand With Caramel Flavor Recipe
- 1 cup Hung Curd
- ¼ cup Hershey’s Caramel Flavored Syrup
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper (Crushed)
- Take a bowl and mix powdered sugar, cardamom powder, and black pepper.
- Now, add Hersey’s caramel flavored syrup and hung curd in a bowl.
- Mix everything well with a spoon until it has a thick consistency.
- If needed, refrigerate.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I make vegan shrikhand?
100% yes. To keep the taste close to the original use unflavoured soya yogurt and make sure the if using regular sugar it is suitable for vegans.
Is Shrikhand a Gujarati or Marathi recipe?
The traditional recipe of Shrikhand originates from the western Indian states of Gujarat and Maharashtra. Bombay state was dissolved with the formation of Gujarat and Maharashtra states on 1st May 1960, prior to the separation of both, Gujarati and Marathi communities lived in the state of Bombay, and enjoyed making Shrikhand.
How long does Hershey’s shrikhand with caramel flavor last?
Store shrikhand in a covered container or box for a week in the refrigerator. For make ahead options, you can make a large batch and freeze for 1 to 2 months.
What is the difference between Matho and shrikhand?
Matho is a lighter/thinner version of shrikhand. While shrikhand is thick creamy yogurt based dessert.
Now, it’s your turn to make this amazing Hershey’s shrikhand with caramel flavor recipe and tell us your reviews in the comment section below.