Guava is no doubt very tasty fruit. It one of the types of sauces native to Indian subcontinent? Let me ask more, have you ever tasted Hershey’s Guava Chutney or ever made this chutney at home?
Well, if I have taken the name of Hershey’s, that means there might be a twist to this yummy and otherwise spicy Guava Chutney Recipe. You are right, we have a divine taste of Hershey’s caramel as well, taking the deliciousness of this dish to the next level.
It is fairly easy and simple to make Guava Chutney at home. You can serve it chilled along with side main dishes. It goes well with snacks as well. Also, can you imagine homemade guava chutney made with lemons, ginger, chillies and Hershey’s caramel?
Why don’t you give a try this sumptuous Guava Chutney? Don’t worry I am here to explain to you how to make Hershey’s Guava Chutney at home. Now, jump to the Hershey’s Guava Chutney Recipe.
Ingredients Required For Guava Chutney Recipe
|Grated ginger||1 tbsp|
|Chopped medium sized onions||1|
|Raw guavas||250 gm|
|Cumin powder||1/2 tsp|
|Red chilli powder||2 tsp|
|Hershey’s caramel flavored syrup||50 gm|
|Brown vinegar||1/2 cup|
|Lemon juice||1 1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper, salt||1 pinch (as required)|
How much time would it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 minutes||20 minutes||30 minutes|
Hershey’s Guava Chutney Recipe
- Firstly wash the guavas properly followed by peeling and chopping them into small pieces.
- Squeeze lemons over them. Mix and toss them well.
- Leaving it aside, take a pan now and after adding oil, saute the ginger and onions. Ensure they get cooked such that they appear to be translucent.
- Now, add and simmer chopped guava pieces, chilli powder and water over medium heat. Ensure they are tender.
- Next, drizzle Hershey’s caramel flavoured syrup and vinegar as well as seasoning of salt, cumin, black salt and mix them well.
- Ensure it has a thick consistency.
- Chill before chilling.