You must have tried many chutneys but never Hershey’s guava chutney. In this post, let’s see how you can make the recipe at your home.
The recipe is made with guava, lemons, ginger, chilies and Hershey’s caramel. The chutney pairs perfectly with any kind of snack. I first made the recipe when I was looking for dishes that can be made with guava and Hershey’s syrup. The tangy taste of the chutney will make you very happy.
To make Hershey’s guava chutney, chop guavas and squeeze lemon juice over them. Now, saute ginger and onions and add chopped guava pieces, chili powder and water. Simmer and drizzle Hershey’s caramel flavored syrup and vinegar. Season with salt, cumin and black salt.
Now, let’s get started with the step-by-step procedure to make the recipe. But do check out other recipes made with Hershey’s syrup.
1. Hershey’s Shrikhand with Caramel Flavor– This shrikhand recipe has a specialty. One of its main ingredients is Hershey’s Caramel flavored syrup. It adds to the taste and yumminess of this sweet dish.
2. Choco Martini– Hershey’s Choco Martini is a soothing and refreshing drink. A tinge of Hershey’s chocolate-flavored syrup along with vanilla ice cream and sprite not only gives you amazing flavors but also rejuvenates and brightens up your dead spirits.
3. Hershey’s Tri Color Lassi– As the name suggests, Tri Color Lassi is a wonderful yogurt-based drink that is made from three different flavors. This recipe for lassi has chocolate, caramel and strawberry varieties, each representing a different color.
4. Hershey’s Ragi Mug Cake– These mug cakes are eggless and made from a millet – ragi. Also, as the name suggests, it takes only 1 minute in the oven and is ready to be eaten. What else can we desire if mug cakes are ready within a minute?
Ingredients Required For Guava Chutney Recipe
|Grated Ginger||1 tablespoon|
|Medium Sized Onions (chopped)||1|
|Raw Guavas||250 g|
|Cumin Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red Chili Powder||2 teaspoon|
|Hershey’s Caramel Flavored Syrup||50 gm|
|Brown Vinegar||1/2 cup|
|Lemon Juice||1 1/2 tsp|
|Black Pepper & salt||1 pinch (as required)|
How much time would it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
Hershey’s Guava Chutney Recipe
- Firstly, wash the guavas properly, followed by peeling and chopping them into small pieces.
- Squeeze lemons over them. Mix and toss them well.
- Take a pan now and add oil. Saute the ginger and onions until they appear to be translucent.
- Now, add and simmer chopped guava pieces, chili powder and water over medium heat. Ensure they are tender.
- Next, drizzle Hershey’s caramel flavored syrup and vinegar. Season with salt, cumin, black salt.
- Mix them well and ensure it has a thick consistency.
- Refrigerate and serve.
How to Make Hershey’s Guava Chutney at Home | Video
I hope you are excited about the recipe. Also, don’t forget to share your valuable feedback in the comment section below.