Before learning how to make Hershey’s Dui Colored Sandesh at home, let’s learn about it first. Sandesh is a sweet dish found in Bengal, the eastern region of the Indian subcontinent. Its primary ingredients are milk, sugar and paneer.
“Dui” means “two “. Why this dish is called Dui Coloured or Two Coloured? It’s because it has two layers, one of chocolate and another of coconut. Isn’t that amazing? Now, some more special things about this variety of Sandesh. It has the flavour of Hershey’s chocolate and cocoa which is like the cherry on top.
I had eaten Sandesh dishes before as well. But Dui Colored Sandesh was new for me. It looks amazing as well. Together with the taste of coconut and chocolate and cocoa powder from Hershey’s give this dish a unique distinction.
We shall be learning how to make Hershey’s Dui Colored Sandesh at home. Check out the Hershey’s Dui Colored Sandesh Recipe.
Ingredients Required for Hershey’s Dui Colored Sandesh
|Paneer / 2-litre milk||350 gm|
|Powdered sugar||150 gm|
|Condensed milk||250 ml|
|Desiccated coconut||100 gm|
|Hershey’s Chocolate Flavored spreads||70 gm|
|Hershey’s Cocoa powder||100 gm|
How much time would it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time||Refrigeration time|
|20 minutes||10 minutes||30 minutes||1 hour|
Hershey’s Dui Colored Sandesh Recipe
- Take a pan. Heat it over medium flame.
- Stir in grated paneer, powdered sugar and condensed milk in it.
- Mix well till it has achieved smooth consistency.
- Next, add almonds to it. Combine them well.
- Let this mixture cool down.
- Take two separate bowls and divide this mixture into them.
- In one of the bowls, add freshly grated coconut and rose water. Mix well to form a dough for coconut layer.
- In another bowl, add Hershey’s Chocolate spreads and Hershey’s Cocoa powder and mix well to form a dough for the chocolate layer.
- Firstly, form a long cylindrical shape with coconut dough. Leave it aside.
- Roll the chocolate dough two inches thick.
- Now, take the coconut dough and place it on one side of the rolled chocolate dough and roll it like a swiss roll over it.
- Place the rolled dough in aluminium foil. After sealing it tightly, place it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- After the lapse of an hour, take the dough out of the refrigerator and aluminium foil.
- Cut it into pieces.
- Your dish is ready to be served.