At the very outset, an Indian sweet dish Kalakand is made out of condensed and sweetened milk as well as paneer. It is a kind of cheesecake which was invented by Baba Thakur Das of Alwar in 1947 and subsequently gained popularity.
Well, enough of the facts! Let’s dive right into the sweetness of Kalakand which is substantiated by the presence of divine Hershey’s chocolate. Also, not to forget the amazing combination of almonds and pistachios. Isn’t this enough to make your mouth water and crave for this Choco-Nut Kalakand?
Now, further enhancing your interest in this delicious Choco-Nut Kalakand, it isn’t difficult to make as its name might suggest. Also, it is one of the major delights in Indian culture.
Having said this, here you would find the steps on how to make Hershey’s Choco-Nut Kalakand at home. Let’s check out the best ever Choco-Nut Kalakand Recipe.
Ingredients Required for Hershey’s Choco-Nut Kalakand
|Condensed milk||1 cup|
|Crumbled paneer||1 cup|
|Cardamom powder||1/4 tsp|
|Mixed nuts, chopped (almonds, pistachios)||4 cups|
|Hershey’s chocolate flavoured syrup||1/4 cup|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time||Refrigeration time|
|5 minutes||20 minutes||25 minutes||2-3 hours|
Hershey’s Choco-Nut Kalakand Recipe
- Take a heavy-bottomed pan. Heat it over medium flame.
- Pour condensed milk into it. Let it be warmed.
- Next, put crumbled paneer, cardamom powder, Hershey’s Chocolate Flavored Syrup. Mix them well with constant stirring.
- When you observe the thick consistency and the mixture leaving the pan’s sides, the flame should be turned off at this very instant.
- Grease a tray with butter or oil. Spread the kalakand with 3/4 inch thickness over it.
- Take a rubber spatula and run it over the top to make it smooth and tender.
- After topping it with chopped nuts, pat it lightly so that it is set.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- When it’s chilled take out the kalakand.
- Chop it in desired shapes.