Herbes De Provence chicken is the simplest way to prepare chicken. The Herbes de Provence seasoning adds a ton of flavor to the chicken. This irresistibly healthy and flavorful dish is a famous French-inspired dish.
Herbes de Provence is a mixture of spices used mostly in southern France. These spices contain several herbs such as fennel, savory, lavender, marjoram, rosemary, and thyme. This adds the aroma of traditional french spices to the chicken. You can bake the herbes de Provence chicken or roast it or grill it. Today, I’m here with a recipe of herbs de Provence roasted chicken. So, stick with this article to read the recipe.
To make Herbes de Provence chicken, add herbes de Provence seasoning to the chicken. Pour the mixture of olive oil and lime juice on it. Sprinkle some pepper and salt on the chicken. Place some carrots, onions, and potatoes around it and roast for 1 hour until the chicken is cooked.
Below are step-by-step instructions to make herbes de Provence roasted chicken. Also, have a look at a related video provided further down the recipe card. I hope you like the recipe and enjoy it with your friends and family. You can also save it for later. Please don’t forget to rate the recipe. But before getting the instructions, check out our other main course recipes below.
1. Crockpot Rump Roast Recipe– This delicacy has tender meat cooked with rich gravy and vegetables. Also known as bottom round oven, this is a great recipe for a family gathering.
2. Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli– Instant Pot Beef Broccoli is a recipe that brings forth the goodness of beef and broccoli with a delicious Asian Sauce. The beef is so heavenly tender that it melts in your mouth.
3. Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken– Even though Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken is a tricky dish to cook but if you follow this recipe religiously, you will be able to cook the chicken to perfection.
4. Smoked Pork Loin– The flavor of smoked pork loin is exquisitely irresistible. The pork can be seasoned in different manner. Serve it with fresh herbs to get that earthy flavor.
Herbes de Provence Chicken Recipe
- Kitchen Tongs
- 3-4 pounds Chicken
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon (fresh squeezed)
- 2 tablespoon Herbes De Provence
- 1 tablespoon Sea Salt
- ¼ tablespoon Pepper
- 1 ⅓ cups Potatoes
- 1 ⅓ cups Carrots
- 1 ⅓ cups Onion
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, and Herbes de Provence. Pour this mixture on the chicken.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on it. Rub the mixture on the chicken thoroughly and set it aside for 20 minutes to marinate and infuse all the flavors.
- In a large bowl, arrange the vegetables around the chicken and roast it for 1 hour until the chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Your Herbes de Provence is ready.