Are you a big fan of Heath candy bars? Then you must put them to perfect use to make the best ever Heath bar cake using this recipe.
Heath bars are candy bars made with milk chocolate, toffee, and almonds. You can make the best use of Heath bar by using it as a topping to make the most delicious cake.
So, how do you make Heath bar cake? We begin by baking a chocolate cake and poking it with a skewer to make holes. Then we add a layer of caramel, condensed milk, whipped cream, and top it with chopped Heath bars.
Voila! Your delicious heath bar cake is ready to be served! If you go on to search the recipe for Heath bar cake, you will find that most of them use store-bought cake mix to make the cake. You are free to do so too.
However, I’m also going to provide you with a simple and delicious chocolate cake recipe in case you wish to make the cake from scratch.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Heath Bar Cake?
- Bowl – You will need a bowl to mix the cake batter ingredients.
- Electric Mixer – An electric mixer will help mix the dry and wet ingredients.
- Saucepan – A saucepan will be required to boil water.
- Baking Pan – A 9-inch round or rectangular baking pan will be needed to bake the oven.
- Oven – An oven will be required to bake the cake.
- Skewer – A skewer will be required to poke holes in the cake.
- Spatula – A spatula will be needed to top the cake with condensed milk, caramel, and whipped cream.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Heath Bar Cake?
|Preparation Time||Baking Time||Decorating Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||30 Minutes||5 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Heath Bar Cake?
- Castor Sugar – To make chocolate cake, you will need two cups of castor sugar to add sweetness to the cake.
- All-Purpose Flour – To make the cake’s structure, you will need one and three-fourth cups of all-purpose flour.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – To infuse the cake with chocolate flavors, you will need three-fourths of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Baking Powder – To make the cake fluffy and light, you will need one and a half teaspoons of baking powder.
- Baking Soda – Just like baking powder, baking soda also helps to make the cake fluffy. You will add the same amount of baking soda – one and a half teaspoons.
- Salt – To bring out the flavors in the cake, you will need one teaspoon of salt.
- Eggs – To bind the ingredients together, you will require two eggs.
- Milk – You will need one cup to moisten the cake.
- Vegetable Oil – Vegetable oil also adds moisture to the cake. You will need half a cup of vegetable oil.
- Vanilla Extract – Vanilla extract is a flavor enhancer. You will need two teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Boiling Water – Adding boiling water to the cake batter makes it soft and fluffy, lasts for longer, and helps the cake provide a strong chocolate flavor. Therefore, we will add one cup of boiling water.
- Caramel Topping – To make Heath bar cake, you will need one jar of caramel topping.
- Condensed Milk – To add sweetness, you will need one can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Cool Whip – You will need 12 oz of cool whip.
- Heath Bars Or Heath Bar Topping – Heath bars are star ingredients. You will need 3-4 crushed heath bars, or you can use one bag of heath bar topping.
Steps To Make Heath Cake Bar
1. For Cake
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour the nine-inch pan.
This cake recipe yields a batter that can be poured into two 9-inch round cake pans. To make one cake, you can use the same quantities or reduce it by half.
Take a bowl and combine the dry ingredients – sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until evenly combined.
Add milk, eggs, oil, and vanilla, and mix the ingredients using an electric mixer on medium speed for about two minutes. Stir in boiling water. The batter might seem a little thin, but you don’t have to worry.
Pour the cake batter into the baking pan. Bake the cake for about half an hour. Check the doneness of the cake by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, your cake is baked. Poke holes into the cake with the help of a skewer while still hot.
2. Top The Cake
Pour caramel topping and condensed milk on top. Let the cake cool. Now add a layer of whipped cream and sprinkle crushed Heath cake bar on top.
Your Heath bar cake is ready to be served!
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.1 g|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
How Will Heath Bar Cake Look And Taste Like?
Heath bar cake is a super simple and delicious recipe. You dig into a moist and chocolatey cake and experience divine flavors of toffee flavors derived from Heath bar candies, caramel, and, of course, chocolate.
This cake looks super attractive, with different toppings bringing their unique colors to the table.
Heath Bar Cake Recipe
- 1¾ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Baking Sugar
- ¾ cups Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 jar Caramel Topping
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- 3-4 Heath Bars, crushed or 1 bag of Heath bar topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour the nine-inch pan.
- Take a bowl and combine the dry ingredients – sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until evenly combined.
- Add milk, eggs, oil, and vanilla, and mix the ingredients using an electric mixer on medium speed for about two minutes.
- Stir in boiling water. The batter might seem a little thin, but you don't have to worry.
- Pour the cake batter into a prepared pan.
- Bake the cake for about half an hour. Insert a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, it means your cake is done.
- Poke holes into the cake while still hot with the help of a skewer.
Decorate The Cake
- Pour caramel topping and condensed milk on top. Let the cake cool.
- Now add a layer of whipped cream and sprinkle crushed Heath cake bar on top.
- Your Heath bar cake is ready to be served!
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
What is Heath bar cake?
Heath bar cake is a chocolate cake layered with crushed Heath bars that tastes divine. This cake also offers delicious flavors from caramel, whipped cream, and condensed milk topping.
What does Heath bar cake taste like?
Heath bar cake has a toffee flavor.
Why do we poke holes in Heath bar cake?
Heath bar cake is poked with holes so that the delicious toppings enter into the moist cake.
Can we make Heath bar cake with premade cake mix?
Yes, Heath bar cake can be made with premade cake mix.
Try out this easy and delicious Heath bar cake that comes together quickly. To find more such recipes, head to our recipe section on the website.