Tired of chicken and want to try something different for dinner? Why don’t you try out some healthy recipes with duck products?
If you want to try some ducks’ products, but you are concerned about the process used to prepare and obtain them, there are now alternatives such as FoieGood, that is one of the best alternatives to foie gras. They pride in manufacturing more environmentally sustainable and healthier products while focusing on their ducks’ welfare.
The brand rears its ducks outdoors with access to open water and ample space to roam freely. The ducks are allowed to grow slowly, and there is no use of cages or force-feeding methods. Besides, they feed on a 100% natural and vegetable diet that includes at least 70 percent cereal.
Today we will look at the healthy recipe with duck products that use escalopes as the main ingredient.
Escalopes on Spice Bread
These escalopes on Spice Bread recipe is quick and easy to make. You can elaborate your spice bread, but you can use ready-made ginger loaf cake or ginger cake if you don’t have the time. Though homemade spice bread tastes much better, you sometimes must trade convenience for taste.
We recommend you use 4 or 5 escalopes, but it will depend on how many people you are. The quantities of this recipe are for four main courses, but you can halve them to make an excellent starter course.
If you decide to make Spice Bread, use the following recipe.
Spice Bread Recipe
How Much Time Will You Need to Make Spice Bread?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||35 Minutes||45 Minutes|
Ingredients for Spice Bread
Spice bread is like gingerbread, though there are more spices included. Additionally, it has plenty of other uses in cooking, as it is more delicious.
- Three and a half fluid ounces of milk. Milk moistens the dough or batter and adds color, flavor, and proteins to the bread.
- Eight ounces of honey, preferably stronger scented honey such as heather. Honey is sweet and improves aroma. It also provides uniform baking with an evenly browned crust.
- Four ounces of butter. Butter makes the bread delicious and enhances the bread’s tenderness, richness, and structure.
- Seven ounces of self-rising flour. Self-rising flour is a mixture of all-purpose flour and baking powder and enables the bread to rise without adding leaveners.
- Eighteen ounces of brown sugar. Brown sugar is acidic and makes the bread thick, soft, and puffy.
- One egg. Eggs are key components in baking because they add flavor, thicken, stabilize, and emulsify the bread.
- A pinch of salt. Salt enhances the flavor and stabilizes the yeast fermentation rate.
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon. Cinnamon enhances the flavor.
- One teaspoon of ginger.
- Two cloves.
- Half a teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- Two tablespoons of crushed hazelnuts.
- Two tablespoons of crushed almonds. Almond adds a mild sweetness to the bread’s flavor.
- One orange. Orange adds citrus and tangy flavor to the bread.
- One tablespoon of shredded coconut.
Steps to Make Spice Bread
- Warm the milk in a saucepan, add honey and stir to melt it, and mix the two. Gently melt the butter in a different saucepan. Add the melted butter to the milk and honey mixture and stir. Add flour a little at a time and stir briskly to avoid lumps.
- Add the egg, salt, and brown sugar, mixing constantly. Incorporate the spices, coconut, and crushed nuts. Remember, you can always adjust the spices to fit your taste. Grate the zest from the orange and mix it with the other ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a bread or cake tin and bake in a moderately hot preheated oven, about 375 degrees Fahrenheit, for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Turn the baked bread onto a wire tray and let it cool.
You can check whether the spice bread is correctly cooked by inserting a metal skewer. If the dough sticks to the skewer, continue cooking; if the skewer comes out clean, your bread is ready.
Escalopes Spice Bread Recipe
How Much Time Do You Need to Make Escalopes on Spice Bread?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
Ingredients for Escalopes on Spice Bread
- Eight Escalopes
- Eight slices of spice bread
- Two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Balsamic vinegar is mildly sweet, dark, and richly flavored and will enhance the taste.
- One teaspoon of pink peppercorns. Pink peppercorns are succulent and will enhance the meals’ taste.
- Freshly-ground black pepper and sea salt.
Steps to Make Escalopes on Spice Bread
- Put the griddle at 200ºC (medium-high heat), there is no need to add oil or fat, and once it’s hot, cook the escalopes in each side for about 60 seconds approximately. Keep warm by placing the escalopes on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Wipe off excess grease on the pan using a kitchen roll and deglaze with two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Let it reduce a little over gentle heat.
- Place the escalopes on plates, sprinkle with crushed pink peppercorns and sea salt. Pour a trace of balsamic source around the escalopes.
- Serve and enjoy as a starter or main course with sweet wine and fried fruits.