If you’re new to Hawaiian food, you’ll find this Hawaiian chop steak recipe fascinating. It consists of a mix of lean proteins that are very beneficial to your overall health while still offering up some amazing flavors. Let’s look at the whole recipe.
Start with marinating chop steaks. For that, you need sugar and soy sauce. Mix and marinate the steaks for an hour. Sauté garlic, ginger, and onion in the pan. Cook steaks and stir in cornstarch puree. That’s it.
The key to making the best Hawaiian chop steak is marinating. You can use any type of meat, but since we’re going to use a slab of beef, I would recommend using chopped beef. This will allow you to get a nice crust on the outside and a tender interior.
You’ll want to make this Hawaiian chop steak over and over again for your whole family. Find the full recipe here and get details about nutritional information below.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Hawaiian Chop Steak?
- Bowl – Combine ingredients for marination in the bowl.
- Cooking Pan – Cook chop steaks along with ginger, garlic, and onions in the pan.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to combine ingredients together.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Hawaiian Chop Steak?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Hawaiian Chop Steak?
- Steaks – Marinate chop steaks before cooking for a juicy texture.
- Soy Sauce – Use soy sauce to marinate chop steaks for a sour taste.
- Oil – Sauté onions and garlic in the cooking oil.
- White Vinegar – A drop of white vinegar to tenderize the meat.
- Water – Mix water with cornstarch to form a thick gravy.
- Sugar – Add two tablespoons of sugar to bring out the sweetness.
- Ginger – Stir in smashed ginger for mild and mellow flavors.
- Garlic – Garlic gives your cooking a wonderful aroma.
- Onion – To create savory flavors with meat, onions go well.
- Cornstarch – Add cornstarch to make a thickened gravy.
- Salt – Balance the flavor of the meat with salt.
- Black Pepper – A dash of black pepper adds flavor and spices to recipes.
Steps To Make Hawaiian Chop Steak
1. Marinate The Meat
In a bowl, add soy sauce and sugar. Mix well. Add chop steaks to it and marinate for an hour.
2. Cook Chop Steaks
Heat oil in the pan. Saute garlic and ginger for one minute. Then add chop steaks to it. Cook everything on medium flame.
Add onions and cook until transparent. Turn the heat lower now. Take a small bowl, and add cornstarch, vinegar, and water. Mix well. Then add chop steaks and mix well until the gravy thickens. Hawaiian chop steaks are ready.
|Total Fat||11.2 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||17 g|
How Will Hawaiian Chop Steak Look And Taste Like?
Hawaiian chop steak tastes tender and juicy with a crunchy crust. The onions add a nice savory flavor to the chop steaks, while the ginger adds a nice fragrance to the dish. Overall, the dish looks nice and brown.
Hawaiian Chop Steak Recipe
- 1½ Pound Steaks (thinly chopped)
- 4 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 1 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Ginger (smahed)
- 5 cloves Garlic (Sliced)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (a dash)
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce and sugar. Add chop steaks to it and marinate.
- Heat oil in the skillet and cook ginger and garlic for a minute. Then add chop steaks to it. Cook on medium heat for five minutes.
- In a bowl, add cornstarch, water, and vinegar. Stir in the pan and cook on low heat.
- Make the sauce thickened.
- Hawaiian chop steaks are ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the marination time for Hawaiian chop steaks?
The marination time for Hawaiian chop steaks is one hour.
What ingredients do you need to marinate Hawaiian chop steaks?
Marinate chop steaks with soy sauce and sugar in a bowl.
What is a steak?
Steak is the fleshy meat of the cow.
What is the best drink to pair with steaks?
With steaks, you can enjoy red wine, whiskey, and various types of cocktails.
What should one look for in the perfect steak?
The steak should be a bright red color and have a firm texture. So you can enjoy the best tender and juicy steak.
So, guys! Looking for a solution to your hunger pangs? This Hawaiian chop steak recipe is all about comfort. It gives you a juicy and tender meat experience, along with the flavors of soy sauce and other savory elements. So, grab your kitchen tools and start making your steak.