If you’re looking for a baked potato snack, then make these crispy Hasselback Potatoes at your home. Today, I will share how I make these baked and crispy potatoes known as Hasselback Potatoes.
I was almost tired of eating french fries. So I thought of searching for some other potato snacks. I found Hasselback Potatoes and I started making them every weekend for my family and me. These are so light as they are baked and not fried. That is why I prefer them over french fries.
Cut the potatoes from one end to the other. Insert chopped garlic into those cuts. Then spread some butter and oil on them. Sprinkle some salt, pepper and rosemary on them. Bake for just 40 minutes and crispy Hasselback potatoes are ready.
This was quick, wasn’t it? But it was a summary of how you can Hasselback Potatoes recipe. The complete step by step recipe with all the timings is mentioned below. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Grilled Asparagus– The special thing about this recipe is that it’s so simple. Fresh asparagus with a little oil, salt, and pepper is cooked quickly over high heat on the grill. Enjoy the natural flavor of your veggies.
2. Potato Leek Soup– This soup recipe is a french delight and has got its popularity worldwide due to its unique taste and ingredients used. Those golden potatoes, along with green leeks and chicken broth infused and cooked together, just make this soup more tempting.
3. Sambusa– Sambusa’s are great snacks to make at your home and now you can make it too by following this simple recipe.
4. Rotella Pasta– Rotelle is a type of pasta resembling wheels with spokes. They are similar to fiori. The name derives from the Italian word for “Wagon Wheels”.
Ingredients for Hasselback Potatoes
- 1 Potato
- 4 finely Cloves Garlic
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp Rosemary
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
These ingredients are only for preparing one Hasselback Potato. If you want to prepare more potatoes, then you can multiply the number of ingredients. Now let’s see how much time you need to prepare these crispy potatoes.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Hasselback Potatoes?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||30 minutes||40 minutes|
Preparing these potatoes doesn’t take much time but the most important thing is to bake them properly. So let’s see the step by step instructions to make this recipe.
Steps to Make Hasselback Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 448 F.
- Place the potato in a baking tray and a downside position.
- Start cutting the potato in slits from one end to the other.
- Insert finely chopped garlic in between those slits.
- Spread some butter on the potato and drizzle some oil.
- Then sprinkle some salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Bake them for nearly 40 minutes or until the potato turns crispy.
- Remove them from the oven and serve hot.
Your Hasselback Potatoes are ready. Serve them with Spiced Roast Turkey or Creamy Broccoli Soup for more taste.
Nutritional Breakdown of Hasselback Potatoes
These potatoes will definitely fulfill your carbohydrate requirement. Let’s see how many nutrients do these crispy potatoes contain.
How to Make Hasselback Potatoes at Home | Video
Here is a step-by-step video tutorial for how you can get crispy Hasselback potatoes at home.
Now it’s your turn to prepare these crispy potatoes and tell us your reviews in the comment section below. Stay tuned for our next recipe.