Remember Harry Potter pumpkin pasties, the delicious desserts from the train trolley? They are here and they are easy to make. This wizard-favorite dessert is very similar to Cornish pasties, the difference being Cornish pasties and pumpkin pasties are that the former is savory and the latter is sweet.
The recipe for these pasties is simple, given you use ready-made pastry dough and canned pumpkin puree. If you make these two from scratch, it will take you some extra time. But if you are someone who enjoys cooking, it wouldn’t be that bad. Also, this dessert is a great one to have at Harry Potter parties but can also be on the menu for Thanksgiving and Halloween.
The simplicity of this recipe makes it all the more lovable. So, this fall, if you love pumpkins and Harry Potter, try making this magical dessert. The recipe for Harry Potter pumpkin pasties is just a little scroll away. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Harry Potter recipes from our website.
1. Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice : Pumpkin juice is the second best drink in the wizarding world. Now, you can drink it too. Just mix some apple cider, pumpkin sugar, vanilla and some sugar and spice. Serve it on the rocks and enjoy!
2. Butterbeer Cupcakes : A butterbeer themed dessert line-up sounds like a great idea. Add butterbeer cupcakes to the list. These delicious and spongy cupcakes are covered with a sticky butterscotch sauce and buttery-smooth dressing. Drizzle a few drops of the sauce on the frosting as well and enjoy this delicious treat.
3. Harry Potter Birthday Cake : Remember the birthday cake Hagrid made for 11th birthday? The part where he says to Harry “Ye’r a wizard, Harry”. You can make the exact birthday cake. Just make a delicious chocolate cake with a vanilla buttercream. The real magic is in the decoration, especially the spellings.
4. Harry Potter Butterbeer Ice Cream : Want to make the butterbeer ice cream just like the one at Universal Studios. I am here to help. Just mix the butterscotch sauce with some whipped cream. All there’s left to is freeze it and wait and yes, there’s no churning in this recipe.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Harry Potter Pumpkin Pasties?
- Large Bowl and Small Bowl- These sisters come together for this recipe. Use the large bowl to make the puree mixture and the small bowl to make the egg wash.
- Baking Tray with Baking Paper- After you have prepared the half-moons for baking, place them on the baking tray that you have prepped with baking paper.
- Oven- The pumpkin pasties should be golden and flaky. Bake them in the oven and they’ll fit this description.
- Rolling Pin- The rolling pin helps flatten the dough to give us the thin pastry dough we want.
- Round Pie Cutter- Thee round pie cutter helps to cut in uniform round circles, a tough yet crucial feat.
- Spoon, Fork, Brush, and Knife- These little kitchen knick-knacks help out a lot. The spoon helps in the mixing of the puree and subsequently in filling the mixture. The fork helps make the egg wash and then for crimping the edges of the pasties. The brush helps to egg wash the pasties. The knife helps make little vents at the top of these pastry pies.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Harry Potter Pumpkin Pasties?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Harry Potter Pumpkin Pasties?
- Ready-Made Pie Crust- The ready-made pie crust gives you delicious pasties. It also cuts short the time needed. But if you want to make the pastry dough from scratch, you can refer to the Harry Potter Treacle Tart recipe.
- Egg Wash- Mix an egg with milk to make the egg wash for this dessert.
For The Filling
- Pumpkin Puree- I have used canned puree for this puree. If you want to make pumpkin puree at home, just bake a deseeded and peeled pumpkin at 200℃ for 45 minutes. After that, puree it in a food processor and you have fresh pumpkin puree.
- Granulated Sugar- Add the sugar to the puree to make it sweeter than it already is.
- Spice (Cinnamon, Allspice, Cardamon, and Nutmeg) – After sugar, comes spice, to make everything warm and nice. You can’t make a pumpkin recipe without adding the staple fall spices.
Steps To Make Harry Potter Pumpkin Pasties
1. The Spicy Puree
First, make the filling for the pumpkin pasties. Everything else comes after that. In a bowl, add the pumpkin puree along with the sugar. Then, add cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and cardamom. Give it a good mix and keep it aside.
2. Flat Dough Society
Before you start making these delicious pasties, set the temperature of the oven to 200℃ so that it is ready when you have to bake them.
After that, roll the pastry dough on a working surface that has been lightly floured just for this sole purpose. The dough should be about 3mm thick (I am not sure how you’ll measure that but I am just giving you an idea). Then, use a round pie cutter and cut about 15 circles from the rolled-out dough.
3. The Half Side Of The Moon
When the dough and filling are ready, it’s time to fill the puree into the pastry dough. At one side of the dough circles, spoon some of the puree mixture and close the dough to enclose the filling inside making a half-moon.
Wet the edges with some water to seal them completely. Then, using a fork, make a crimping design on the edges.
4. All Flaky and Golden
In a small bowl, mix egg with milk to make the egg wash. Brush the pasties with this egg wash. Also, take the tip of the knife and make two small vents on top of each of the pasties.
Place the pumpkin pasties on a prepared baking tray that is lined with baking paper. Put the tray in the oven bake the pasties for about 20 minutes until they are golden and flaky.
After that take them out of the oven and let them cool down for about 5 minutes. Once they have cooled completely, these golden harry potter pumpkin pasties are ready to serve.
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3 g|
How Will The Harry Potter Pumpkin Pasties Look And Taste Like?
The Harry Potter pumpkin pasties look as golden like the golden snitch. They look like the half-moons of late winter (poetic, ain’t I). Take a bite and along with the flaky pastry, you can taste the sweet and spicy pumpkin filling. The flavors are sweet and warm making the desserts absolutely delicious. These versatile desserts are also great for fall and Thanksgiving.
Harry Potter Pumpkin Pasties Recipes
- Large Bowl
- Small Bowl
- Baking Tray with Baking Paper
- Rolling Pin
- Round Pie Cutter
- 1 Ready-Made Pie Crust
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons Milk
For The Filling
- 100 g Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon Allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon Cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon Nutmeg
- In a bowl, add the pumpkin puree along with the sugar. Then, add cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and cardamom. Give it a good mix and keep it aside.
- Before you start making these delicious pasties, set the temperature of the oven to 200℃.
- After that, roll the pastry dough on a working surface that has been lightly floured. The dough should be about 3mm thick.
- Then, use a round pie cutter and cut about 15 circles from the rolled-out dough.
- At one side of the dough circles, spoon some of the puree mixture and close the dough to enclose the filling inside making a half-moon.
- Wet the edges to seal them completely. Then, using a fork, make a crimping design on the edges.
- In a small bowl, mix egg with milk. Brush the pasties with this egg wash. Also, take the tip of the knife and make two small vents on top of each of the pasties.
- Place the pumpkin pasties on a prepared baking tray that is lined with baking paper. Put the tray in the oven bake the pasties for about 20 minutes until they are golden.
- After that take them out of the oven and let them cool down for about 5 minutes.
- Once they have cooled completely, these golden harry potter pumpkin pasties are ready to serve.
This was the recipe for Harry Potter pumpkin pasties. Tell me in the comments how well you like the recipe. Show this recipe some love. See you next time.