Remember the Harry Potter polyjuice potion from the movies and books? Well, what if I tell you that I can help you make it at home. Technically, not exactly that but a much more delicious take on the recipe. The original recipe had all kinds of gross stuff in it like grass, weeds, skin, horns, flies, leeches, and even human hair. Our recipe instead has delicious juice, soda, and sorbet in it, making it not only edible but delicious.
The Harry Potter polyjuice potion was hard for even skilled wizards and witches to brew. It was too complex. But this polyjuice potion recipe is muggle-friendly. While the fictional potion needed a month of brewing, this potion only needs 5 minutes of whisking and mixing. This would be the perfect drink to make for your Harry Potter party and the movie marathon planned for later.
It is also a great drink for Halloween parties as well with gummy worm garnish and everything. The best part is that there is no brewing involved. You just need to gather the ingredients and the rest just flows from there. So, let me tell you all about the Harry Potter Polyjuice Potion recipe. Swish your wand and scroll down to learn more. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Harry Potter recipes from our website.
1. Harry Potter Butterbeer : Want to make the Harry Potter famed butterbeer at home? Well, likewise. This delicious drink is made with cream soda, butterscotch syrup, butter and some heavy cream. Make this fan-favorite drink and feel like a wizard.
2. Harry Potter Treacle Tart : Harry Potter loved treacle tarts so much he smelled them under the influence of Amortentia. These little golden tarts are made with golden baked pastry with a sweet treacle filling. This is your sign to make your favorite fictional character’s favorite dessert.
3. Harry Potter Butterbeer Cookies : If you are thinking of making butterbeer themed treats, here are butterbeer cookies for you. The cookies has delicious flavors of butterscotch, vanilla, and toffee bits. Top the cookies with lightning sprinkles and they become perfect.
4. Harry Potter Butterbeer Fudge : Want to have butterbeer but also some fudge? Here’s the answer to your dilemma, make the delicious butterbeer fudge. This dual layered fudge is made with butterscotch and white chocolate fudge. The fudge pieces even look like tiny butterbeer squares complete with the foam on top.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Harry Potter Polyjuice Potion?
- Large Mixing Bowl- Hermoine might’ve needed a big cauldron to make the potion, but all you need is a large mixing bowl.
- Serving Glasses- Ladle the juice into beautiful glasses and say cheers!
- Whisk and Ladle- The whisk shall accomplish the mixing and the ladle will help with the serving. It is pretty self-explanatory, actually (in Hermoine Granger’s voice).
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Harry Potter Polyjuice Potion?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||–||5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Harry Potter Polyjuice Potion?
- Kiwi and Lime Juice- The kiwi and lime juice give the potion a distinct green color and a fruity taste.
- Lemon and Lime Soda- The soda adds to the sweet and sour flavor of the drink and also makes it fizzy.
- Apple Sorbet- A little sorbet to add to the fruity taste and give it an almost slushy-like texture.
- Gummy Worms, Marshmallows, Gummy Teeth, Green Cotton Candy- I mean C’mon! This is important to make it look like the real deal. The real one had flies and leeches. Gummy worms and teeth are all I can offer.
Steps To Make Harry Potter Polyjuice Potion
1. Into The Witch Cauldron
You don’t exactly need a large cauldron, and a large mixing will do. Take the large bowl and pour the kiwi and lime juice. Then, pour the lemon and lime soda into it and whisk. After that, add the apple sorbet to it and mix until it is fully combined. So, you added three kinds of juices. That makes for the ‘poly’ of the polyjuice potion.
2. Worms and Teeth
Then, ladle the potion into glasses and garnish with gummy worms, marshmallows, teeth, and some green cotton candy. I suggest not to add human hair at the end. With this, your polyjuice potion is ready! I bet it tastes a thousand times better than the one made by Hermoine.
|Vitamin C||6 mg|
How Will The Harry Potter Polyjuice Potion Look And Taste Like?
The polyjuice potion looked abysmal in the movies, but it looks evil-green in real life. The green comes from the kiwi-lime juice. If you want it to be greener (like the grass on the other side), you can add a few drops of green food gel, but I have refrained from that. So, mine looks sickly green and spooky because of the worms and teeth on the top. It tastes fizzy, sweet, and sour. The sour kicks in sooner than any other flavor. But it failed the real test when it didn’t turn me into a giant cat animagus.
Harry Potter Polyjuice Potion Recipe
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Serving Glasses
- Whisk and Ladle
- 2 cups Kiwi and Lime Juice
- 2 cups Lemon and Lime Soda
- 250 g Apple Sorbet
- Gummy Worms, Marshmallows, Gummy Teeth, Green Cotton Candy (for garnish)
- In a large bowl, pour the kiwi and lime juice. Then, pour the lemon and lime soda into it and whisk.
- After that, add the apple sorbet to it and mix until it is fully combined.
- Then, ladle the potion into glasses and garnish with gummy worms, marshmallows, teeth, and some green cotton candy. Your polyjuice potion is ready!
This was the recipe for the infamous Harry Potter Polyjuice Potion. Try to make this potion at home and tell me in the comments who did you transform into. See you next time!