The Harry Potter Fizzing Whizbees are delicious milk chocolate candies filled with pop rocks. It sounds a little bit eccentric, but they are absolutely fun to make and to eat. I know what you’re thinking. The fizzing Whizbees were sherbet lemon candies that were supposed to make you levitate. Why is there chocolate in this? We are making the fizzing chocolate Whizbees from the Honeydukes Sweetshop at Universal Studios.
The Fizzing Whizbees was one of Harry’s favorite sweets until he found out that it had animal parts, the rumored Billywig stings. After that, he swore off the candy. But our candy doesn’t have any bee stings, so you can eat them as much as you want. This magical candy was made by Queenbee in the wizarding world, and you could find a barrel filled with these at Honeydukes. Their real-life counterpart won’t help you defy gravity, but it’ll definitely make you fizzy and happy.
The Fizzing Whizbees candies at Universal Studios are bumblebee-shaped. So, if you want, you can also get the Bumblebee molds for this recipe. This is only a two-ingredient recipe and just needs 5 minutes of your time. So, get ready with your spoons and pans, and let’s make the Harry Potter Fizzing Whizbees. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Harry Potter recipes from our website.
1. Hagrid’s Rock Cakes From Harry Potter : Hagrid’s rock cakes might not be the best cakes for tea party but you can turn around with our recipe. The delicious fruitcakes are made with your traditional cake ingredients. Just add a few raisins to the mix and bake.
2. Harry Potter Cockroach Clusters : The real cockroach clusters are good for pranks but not for real life delicacies. For a better edible version, try making them with some dark chocolate and halved pecans. Sounds good? That’s because they are.
3. Harry Potter Cauldron Cakes : The cauldron cakes at Universal Studios come in little silicon molds. We want the same cuteness but at home. Just bake a delicious cake in the mold, top it with flame buttercream and chill it. You can chill too.
4. Harry Potter Amortentia Love Potion : Want to make the Harry Potter Amortentia love potion in the muggle world? Now, you can. Just get some cherries, a pint of vanilla ice cream, and some pink shimmer dust. Then, brew it all up and you’ll a delicious pink drink complete with the mother-of-pearl like sheen.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make The Harry Potter Fizzing Whizbees?
- Double Boiler – If you want the melted chocolate we’re looking for, then melt the chocolate in the double boiler. It helps, I promise.
- Bumblebee Candy Molds – The shape of the candy is crucial. We want our to be homemade dupes of the ones at Universal Studios. But if you don’t have bumblebee molds, normal molds work just fine too.
- Spatula and Spoon – There’s some mixing and spooning that needs to be done. Keep the spatula and spoon nearby for that.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make The Harry Potter Fizzing Whizbees?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Freezing Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||5 Minutes||50 Minutes||1 Hour|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make The Harry Potter Fizzing Whizbees?
- Chocolate Melts – The chocolate melts will melt to make the Whizbees for you.
- Fruity Pop Rocks – You want your Whizbees to be fizzing. Add some fruit rocks into the mix for that fizziness we’re talking about.
Steps To Make The Harry Potter Fizzing Whizbees
1. Chocolate Melts, Doesn’t It?
Take your chocolate melts and prep your double boiler for some chocolate melting. Add the chocolate melts to the boiler and melt them while frequently stirring until you have a smooth and lump-free mixture.
2. Bumblebee Molds
After that, take the molds and spoon some hot chocolate so that it covers the base of the molds. Tap the molds a little so that there are no air bubbles in the chocolate, and it also takes shape perfectly.
3. Pop The Rocks
Then, spoon some of the pop rocks into the molds. Cover the pop rocks with some more chocolate until the mold is filled. Now, place the molds in the freezer and let them sit for an hour or two. If you are as impatient as I am, an hour should be enough, I feel. You can also keep checking if you want, but it is not advised (I do it, of course).
Take the molds out and take your bumblebees out of the mold. Your delicious fizzing Whizbees are ready! Taste the candies and see what the buzz is all about (pun intended).
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
How Will The Harry Potter Fizzing Whizbees Look And Taste Like?
The Harry Potter Fizzing Whizbees look like cute little chocolate bumblebees. Pop one in your mouth and feel the little crackle of the fruity pop rocks along with the fruity taste mixed with the milk chocolate. These tiny treats are easy to make and so fun to eat.
Harry Potter Fizzing Whizbees Recipe
- Double Boiler
- Bumblebee Candy Molds
- ½ cup Chocolate Melts
- 1 packet Fruity Pop Rocks
- In the double boiler, add the chocolate melts and melt them while stirring frequently.
- After that, take the molds and spoon some hot chocolate so that it covers the base of the molds.
- Then, spoon some of the pop rocks into the molds and pour some more chocolate over them until they are covered, and the mold is filled.
- Now, place the molds in the freezer and let them sit for an hour.
- Take the molds out and take your bumblebees out of the mold. Your delicious fizzng Whizbees are ready!
So, this was the recipe for the Harry Potter Fizzing Wihizbees. Make these tiny chocolate bumblebees at home and tell me in the comments how well you liked it. See you next time with another fun recipe.