The Harry Potter butterbeer popcorn is a great companion for your binge-watching sessions. Once every year I decide to do a refresher course on the whole Harry Potter movie package. It makes me nostalgic and brings back a lot of happy memories. What better way to have a Harry Potter marathon than having some butterbeer popcorn to accompany it.
The butterbeer popcorn is just the butterbeer version of the caramel popcorn. What I mean by that is the recipe for two is very similar. You just need different ingredients. Of course, I will tell you the whole recipe. I was just finding common ground for the recipe, that’s it. The recipe is pretty simple actually. You take popped popcorn and cover it with the butterbeer sauce. Then, you bake it all up and you have crunchy butterbeer popcorn.
The butterbeer sauce is a thick sauce made with sugar, butterscotch chips, and butter. This is sure to add more fuel to your butterbeer obsession. Harry Potter fan or not, this is a great flavor for popcorn. Moving on swiftly, let me tell you the recipe for the Harry Potter Butterbeer Popcorn. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Harry Potter recipes from our website.
1. Harry Potter Poke Cake : A Harry Potter butterbeer poke cake is a great cake to make for parties. The cake tastes like butterbeer and so does the icing. Poke the cake with a wooden spoon, top with condensed milk, then add some delicious butterbeer icing, and lastly some butterscotch sauce.
2. Harry Potter Sorting Hat Cupcakes : Want to be sorted into your favorite Hogwarts house? Make these color-filled sorting hat cupcakes and know you fated house. The cupcakes are chocolate ones with buttercream icing and colorful buttercream fillings. Instead of a cherry on top, there’s a rusty chocolate sorting hat on top. These cupcakes are great for parties and sorting ceremonies.
3. Harry Potter Fizzing Whizbees : The muggle world version of Fizzing Whizbees might not make you levitate but it’ll definitely tickle your senses. The bee shaped chocolates are filled with fruity pop rocks to give you a popping surprise element.
4. Harry Potter Amortentia Love Potion : Want to make the Harry Potter Amortentia love potion in the muggle world? Now, you can. Just get some cherries, a pint of vanilla ice cream, and some pink shimmer dust. Then, brew it all up and you’ll a delicious pink drink complete with the mother-of-pearl like sheen.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Harry Potter Butterbeer Popcorn?
- Small Saucepan – make your thick and creamy sauce in the saucepan.
- Baking Sheet covered with Aluminum Foil – Cover your baking sheet with some aluminum foil to bake the popcorn fuss-free. It also saves you some cleaning time as the baking sheet underneath the foil will be spotless. Genius, I know.
- Oven – Bake the sauce-covered popped popcorn in the oven at a set heat for three-quarters of an hour.
- Spatula – This is just for mixing and stirring. No biggie!
How Much Will You Need To Make Harry Potter Butterbeer Popcorn?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Harry Potter Butterbeer Popcorn?
- Popcorn – It is kind of obvious that you need popcorn to butterbeer popcorn.
- Light Corn Syrup and Brown Sugar – These two make the butterbeer sauce thick and sweet.
- Salt – A little salt helps to balance the sweetness.
- Butter and Butter Extract – Add the butter as well as the butter extract in the sauce to make the butterbeer and butterscotch sauce rich and buttery (enough butter?).
- Baking Soda – A little baking soda adds a little acidity to the sauce.
- Butterscotch Chips – The butterscotch chips give it the trademark butterbeer flavor that we are looking for.
Steps To Make Harry Potter Butterbeer Popcorn
1. Sugar And Butter In The Syrup
Keep the oven preheated at 250℉. Then, take your popped popcorn and lay it on the foil-covered baking sheet. Now, take a pan and add corn syrup, sugar, butter, and butter extract. Bring this mixture to a boil and keep doing so until the sugar dissolves. Keep stirring every now and then.
2. The Butterbeer Sauce
Then, take your saucepan pan off from the heat (you don’t want the thing to burn). Add the butterscotch chips to the pan and add baking soda as well. Stir until the butterscotch chips melt and the sauce becomes smooth.
3. Bake It Until 9 ¾
Pour this butterbeer sauce over the popcorn. Shake and stir the popcorn to coat all of it with the sauce. Place the popcorn-laden baking sheet in the oven and let the popcorn bake for about 45 minutes.
After that, take them out when they are all candied and crunchy and allow them cool, let’s say for about 10-15 minutes. Your delicious butterbeer popcorn is ready to devour. Movie marathons never seemed so appealing.
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
How Will The Harry Potter Butterbeer Popcorn Look And Taste Like?
The butterbeer popcorn is crunchy and golden after baking. The popcorn has the distinct taste of butterbeer due to the sauce. These are so easy to make and you can make a whole bunch for your fellow Potterheads. Binge-watching while binge eating this popcorn, seems like a great plan to me.
Harry Potter Butterbeer Popcorn Recipe
- Small Saucepan
- Baking Sheet covered with Aluminum Foil
- 12 cups Popped Popcorn
- 1 cup Light Corn Syrup
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 teaspoon Butter Extract
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ package Butterscotch Chips
- Start with preheating the oven. Set the temperature at 250℉. Then, take your popcorn and spread all of it on a baking sheet. Make sure you cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil first.
- Then, take a small saucepan pan and add corn syrup and sugar to it. After that, in go butter, and butter extract. Bring this mixture to a boil and keep stirring it until the sugar dissolves.
- Then, take your saucepan pan off from the heat and add the butterscotch chips to it. Add a little bit of baking soda as well. Stir until the butterscotch chips melt and get incorporated with the sauce.
- Now, pour this freshly made butterbeer sauce over the popcorn. Shake and stir the popcorn to coat all of it with the sauce.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake the sauce-covered popcorn for about 45 minutes.
- After that, take it out and allow it cool. Enjoy your delicious butterbeer popcorn!
So, this was the recipe for delicious Harry Potter butterbeer popcorn. Make this popcorn at home and let me know in the comments how well you liked it. See you next time with another great recipe.