If you are a butterbeer fanatic, then the Harry Potter Butterbeer poke cake will be your go-to cake. The cake is made with traditional cake ingredients like flour, eggs, baking soda, etc. Then, cream soda, butter extract, and toffee bits are added to give the butterbeer effect.
Then, it is poked (it is a poke cake, what did you expect?). The cake is drizzled with condensed milk, frosted, and lastly, drizzled with a little butterscotch sauce.
If you don’t have butter extract at home, you can simply use any of its substitutes. Don’t know anything about that? Here’s a list of butter extract substitutes for you.
This poke cake recipe is very similar to the Butterbeer cupcake recipe. The cake is moist and fluffy. The sweet condensed milk, frosting, and butterscotch sauce add so many textures and flavors to the cake. You can make this cake for parties.
Harry Potter-themed or not, it is sure to rock. If you don’t want to make the cake from scratch, you can use box cake mix. Just substitute the water with cream soda and bake it according to package instructions.
This is a large cake so you can make it for a big gathering. It is sure to be a treat for Harry Potter fans. The ones who don’t know about butterbeer will discover a great new flavor.
So, without wasting any breath, let’s bake the Harry Potter Butterbeer Poke Cake. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Harry Potter recipes from our website.
1. Harry Potter Sorting Hat Cupcakes : Want to be sorted into your favorite Hogwarts house? Make these color-filled sorting hat cupcakes and know you fated house. The cupcakes are chocolate ones with buttercream icing and colorful buttercream fillings. Instead of a cherry on top, there’s a rusty chocolate sorting hat on top. These cupcakes are great for parties and sorting ceremonies.
2. Harry Potter Butterbeer Popcorn : Want the perfect partner for your Harry Potter movie marathon? Pop some corn kernels and make some delicious butterbeer popcorn. Just make a delicious butterbeer sauce and mix it with the popcorn. Then, bake the popcorn to get crunchy butterbeer popcorn.
3. Harry Potter Fizzing Whizbees : The muggle world version of Fizzing Whizbees might not make you levitate but it’ll definitely tickle your senses. The bee shaped chocolates are filled with fruity pop rocks to give you a popping surprise element.
4. Harry Potter Amortentia Love Potion : Want to make the Harry Potter Amortentia love potion in the muggle world? Now, you can. Just get some cherries, a pint of vanilla ice cream, and some pink shimmer dust. Then, brew it all up and you’ll a delicious pink drink complete with the mother-of-pearl like sheen.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Harry Potter Butterbeer Poke Cake?
- Bowl – You’ll need a medium-size bowl to mix the dry ingredients of the cake.
- 9×13 inch Baking Pan – The poke cake is to be baked in a large pan. That’s what they say (I don’t know who. I just do it).
- Stand Mixer – The stand mixer has a crucial role to play in the recipe. First, it helps you make the cake batter. Then, it makes you help the frosting as well (*looks admiringly at the stand mixer. Feels proud for purchasing it*).
- Oven – It’d be just called batter if you don’t bake it. You have to bake it to call it cake. Use the oven for baking it.
- Whisk and Rubber Spatula – Whisk the dry ingredients and scrape with the rubber spatula.
- Wooden Spoon – Two words. Poking. Device.
- Cooking Spray – Grease the baking pan with some cooking spray.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Harry Potter Butterbeer Poke Cake?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|1 Hour 45 Minutes||30 Minutes||2 Hours 15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Harry Potter Butterbeer Poke Cake?
For The Cake
- All-Purpose Flour – This makes the body of the poke cake. It gives you something to poke.
- Light Brown Sugar – Give the cake a subtle touch of sweetness with some brown sugar.
- Baking Soda and Baking Powder – These are the leavenings. That doesn’t mean you can leave them.
- Salt – A subtle salinity and a balance of sweetness, a pinch of salt surely does wonders.
- Eggs – The secret to moist and spongy cakes is right here, eggs.
- Vegetable Oil – Add the much-needed fat to make the cake taste rich with oil.
- Butter Extract and Vanilla Extract – The extracts give a sweet and rich aroma and flavor to the cake.
- Buttermilk – The buttermilk is also a great addition to give the cake the moist and spongy factor.
- Cream Soda – The cream soda adds to the butterbeer flavor.
- Toffee Bits – This gives a surprise crunch in between bites.
- Sweet Condensed Milk – The layer of condensed milk blankets the cake and even seeps in from where the cake is poked to add to the sweet and rich taste.
For The Topping
- Heavy Cream – The frosting is a whipped cream one, So, naturally, we’ll be needing heavy cream.
- Butterscotch Pudding Mix and Butter Extract – Transform your normal frosting to a butterbeer one with these two ingredients.
- Powdered Sugar – Add powdered sugar to the frosting to sweeten it.
- Butterscotch Sauce and Sprinkles – Garnish your cake with some butterscotch drizzles and lightning bolt sprinkles.
Steps To Make Harry Potter Butterbeer Poke Cake
1. Prep And Batter Making
First, you need to prep the oven and set it to 350℉. Also, prep your baking pan by greasing it with some cooking spray. Once the prep is out of the way, move to the batter-making part.
For that, take a medium-sized bowl and add flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder to it. Mix them using a whisk (this should be easy). After that, in a stand mixer, whisk eggs, oil, butter extract, vanilla extract, and buttermilk until combined. Add the dry mixture to the mixer followed by the cream soda and mix well. Mix in the toffee bits as well.
2. Poking, Baking And Cake Making
Pour this batter into the prepared baking pan and pop the pan in the pan. Bake the cake for half an hour and allow it to cool for another half hour after taking it out.
Then, take a wooden spoon and poke holes on top of the cake with the back of the spoon. Now, you have successfully transformed the cake into a poke cake. Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the cake and spread it over the cake.
3. Frosting and Topping
After that, in the stand mixer, add heavy cream, butterscotch pudding mix, butter extract, and powdered sugar. Mix these ingredients until the mixture becomes fluffy and thick. Top the cake with the frosting and spread it with the help of the spatula. Your poke cake is almost ready.
Lastly, garnish the cake with a drizzle of butterscotch sauce and some lightning bolt sprinkles. With this, your delicious Harry Potter butterbeer poke cake is ready! Here’s the reward for your hard work and patience.
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
How Will The Harry Potter Butterbeer Poke Cake Look And Taste Like?
The cake and frosting both have a distinct trademark butterbeer flavor. The cake looks beautiful with the frosting, sauce drizzles, and sprinkles. The taste of the cake itself isn’t too sweet, so the toppings don’t make it overly sweet. If you love the taste of butterbeer, then you won’t be able to get enough of the cake.
Harry Potter Butterbeer Poke Cake Recipe
- Medium-sized Bowl
- 9×13 inch Baking Pan
- Stand Mixer
- Cooking Spray
- Rubber Spatula
For The Cake
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 3 large Eggs
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Butter Extract
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- ½ cup Cream Soda
- 1 cup Toffee Bits
- 1 (14-ounce) can Sweet Condensed Milk
For The Topping
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Butterscotch Pudding Mix
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Butter Extract
- Butterscotch Sauce and Sprinkles (to garnish)
- First, you need to prep the oven and set it to 350℉. Also, prep your baking pan by greasing it with some cooking spray.
- Take a medium-sized bowl and add flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder to it. Mix them using a whisk.
- After that, in a stand mixer, whisk eggs, oil, butter extract, vanilla extract, and buttermilk until combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the mixer followed by the cream soda and mix well. Mix in the toffee bits as well.
- Pour this batter into the baking pan and pop the pan in the pan. Bake the cake for half an hour and allow it to cool for another half hour after taking it out.
- Then, take a wooden spoon and poke holes on top of the cake with the back of the spoon. Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the cake and spread it over the cake.
- After that, in the stand mixer, add heavy cream, butterscotch pudding mix, butter extract, and powdered sugar. Whip these ingredients until the mixture becomes fluffy and thick.
- Top the cake with the frosting and spread it with the help of the spatula.
- Lastly, garnish the cake with a drizzle of butterscotch sauce and some lightning bolt sprinkles.
- With this, your delicious Harry Potter butterbeer poke cake is ready!
This was the recipe for the delicious Butterbeer poke cake. ake it and tell me in the comments how well you liked it. See you next time.