The Harry Potter Butterbeer fudge is another great gem that the Wizarding World Of Harry Potter gave us. The Butterbeer fudge is one of the multiple desserts inspired by the mighty drink, Butterbeer. If you ever find yourself at the Universal Studios, Orlando, to live your childhood dream of entering the wizarding world, you’ll find the butterbeer fudge at Honeydukes or at the Sugarplum’s Sweetshop in Diagon Alley.
But if you don’t plan to go there anytime soon and still want to taste the delicious treat, I am here with the recipe for that. The Butterbeer fudge consists of two layers. The bottom one is butterscotch fudge and the top one is white chocolate fudge. So, when you cut the fudge into pieces, they look like tiny, frozen Butterbeer (so cute!).
The recipe is not complicated at all. I mean, it’s fudge. How complicated can that be? Also, contrary to what the name might suggest, this dessert is absolutely kid-friendly (if you know what I mean. If you don’t, it means that this dessert has no booze in it). So, let’s move to the simple yet amazing recipe for the Harry Potter Butterbeer Fudge. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Harry Potter recipes from our website.
1. Harry Potter Butterbeer : Want to make the Harry Potter famed butterbeer at home? Well, likewise. This delicious drink is made with cream soda, butterscotch syrup, butter and some heavy cream. Make this fan-favorite drink and feel like a wizard.
2. Harry Potter Treacle Tart : Harry Potter loved treacle tarts so much he smelled them under the influence of Amortentia. These little golden tarts are made with golden baked pastry with a sweet treacle filling. This is your sign to make your favorite fictional character’s favorite dessert.
3. Harry Potter Butterbeer Cookies : If you are thinking of making butterbeer themed treats, here are butterbeer cookies for you. The cookies has delicious flavors of butterscotch, vanilla, and toffee bits. Top the cookies with lightning sprinkles and they become perfect.
4. Harry Potter Polyjuice Potion : Remember the Polyjuice potion from Harry Potter? The one that lets you change your body to someone else’s? Yup, I have the muggle edible version of the drink. This polyjuice potion tastes of kiwi, lime, and apple. Topped with gummy worms, and gummy teeth, it is sure to give other spooky drinks a run.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Harry Potter Butterbeer Fudge?
- Medium-Sized Saucepans- To make this fudge, you’ll need saucepans to heat and stir the ingredients.
- 8×8 Baking Dish lined with Parchment Paper- After you have made the fudge, you need to freeze it so that it becomes jiggly and solid. Just pour it in this baking dish that is lined with parchment paper that is in turn greased with cooking spray (phew! That was a long sentence).
- Cooking Spray- As I mentioned in the enormous sentence above, cooking spray is used for greasing the dish.
- Spatula and Knife- Use the spatula for stirring the fudge mixture and knife to cut it when it’s set.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Harry Potter Butterbeer Fudge?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Chilling Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||2 Hours||2 Hours 20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Harry Potter Butterbeer Fudge?
- Salted Butter- Remember we are making two fudges here. The butterscotch one and the white chocolate one. Many of the ingredients are common for these two recipes, starting with salted butter. I have used salted butter to balance the extra sweetness in the fudge. If you want to use unsalted butter, that’s fine too. But make sure you add some salt to balance the sweetness. Otherwise, your teeth might stick together (Just kidding, or am I?)
- Marshmallow Creme and Sweetened Condensed Milk- Both types of fudge have marshmallow creme and condensed milk. These two make the fudge sweet and rich.
- Granulated White Sugar- Another common ingredient between the two, this makes the fudge sweet.
- Caramel Ice Cream Syrup and Butterscotch Chips- These ingredients are butterscotch fudge specific. These give the fudge the distinct butterscotch taste.
- White Chocolate Chips- If you didn’t notice it already, the white chocolate chips are specific to the white chocolate fudge.
Steps To Make Harry Potter Butterbeer Fudge
1. Smooth Like Butter
The first phase of the recipe is to make the butterscotch fudge. In a saucepan, add the butter, marshmallow creme, condensed milk, caramel syrup, and sugar. Stir continuously and mix them well.
2. Holy Fudge!
After they are boiling and bubbly, continue stirring them for about 4 minutes until the mixture becomes thick and golden. Then, add the butterscotch chips and keep stirring for another minute until it all becomes smooth. The mixture should be of pouring consistency.
Take a baking dish, line it with parchment paper, and grease it using cooking spray. Pour the butterscotch fudge mixture into it. Place the dish in the freezer to let it sit for a few minutes.
3. What Is This Fudge About
Meanwhile, take another saucepan and add butter, sugar, condensed milk, and marshmallow creme to it. Keep stirring it for about 2 minutes. This fudge doesn’t need as much cooking time as the other one.
Then, remove the pan from heat and add the white chocolate chips to it. Keep mixing until the chocolate melts and mixes with the rest of the ingredients. Don’t go overboard with the mixing.
4. Mini Frozen Butterbeer
Pour this mixture over the butterscotch fudge. Place the dish again in the freezer and let the fudge set for 2 hours. For the mini Butterbeer effect, make the white layer thinner than the butterscotch layer. This makes it look like butterbeer with foam on top.
After that, cut the fudge into one-inch pieces and enjoy your delicious butterbeer fudge. Maybe we should all apply at Honeydukes, or not.
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
How Will The Harry Potter Butterbeer Fudge Look And Taste Like?
The butterbeer fudge looks like a tiny piece of frozen butterbeer with the butterscotch layer at the bottom and the white chocolate on top. It tastes like butterbeer too. The fudge is a great combination of the butterscotch, butter, and white chocolate flavors. It has a richness and balanced sweetness because of the salted butter. I give this fudge a 9 ¾ out of 10.
Harry Potter Butterbeer Fudge Recipe
For Butterscotch Fudge
- 10 tablespoons Salted Butter
- ¾ cup Marshmallow Creme
- ¾ cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ cup Granulated White Sugar
- ¼ cup Caramel Ice Cream Syrup
- 1 (11 ounce) bag Butterscotch Chips
For White Chocolate Fudge
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Salted Butter
- ½ cup Marshmallow Creme
- ¼ cup Sweet Condensed Milk
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- In a saucepan, add the butter, marshmallow creme, condensed milk, caramel syrup, and sugar. Stir continuously and mix them well.
- After they come to a boil, keep stirring them for about 4 minutes until the mixture becomes thick and golden.
- Then, add the butterscotch chips and keep stirring for another minute until it all becomes smooth.
- Take a baking dish, line it with parchment paper, and grease it using cooking spray. Pour the butterscotch fudge mixture into it. Place the dish in the freezer to let it sit for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, take another saucepan and add butter, sugar, condensed milk, and marshmallow creme to it. Keep stirring it for about 2 minutes.
- Then, remove the pan from heat and add the white chocolate chips to it. Keep mixing until the chocolate melts and mixes with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour this mixture over the butterscotch fudge. Place the dish again in the freezer and let the fudge set for 2 hours.
- After that, cut the fudge into one-inch pieces and enjoy your delicious butterbeer fudge.
This is everything about the delicious butterbeer fudge recipe. Make this dual-layered fudge and tell me in the comments below how well you liked it. See you next time!