The Harry Potter Amortentia love potion was considered the most powerful love potion in the world. Hermione recognized it in Slughorn’s class because of its mother-of-pearl sheen and the spiral steam rising from it. The potion sounds very beautiful. It also doesn’t have a distinct smell and smells different to each person, depending on what attracts them. We know we can’t travel to the wizarding world to get a small vial of the potion, but we can surely make a mug filled with the potion in the muggle world.
Well, we can’t make real Amortentia in the real world and make someone fall in love with us. Besides, Amortentia creates feelings of infatuation and obsession and not real love. So, it’s better that we make a beautiful-looking sweet-tasting Amortentia that makes us fall in love with the drink. This drink is so tasty, and it will also make people fall in love with you if you make it for them. We can say we have achieved the goal.
The Amortentia we are making today uses substitutes for the magical ingredients. It is made with cherries, ice cream, and white chocolate. It also has shiny pink dust to replace that mother-of-pearl sheen. So, without getting Professor Slughorn angry, let’s brew some Harry Potter Amortentia Love Potion. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Harry Potter recipes from our website.
1. Hagrid’s Rock Cakes From Harry Potter : Hagrid’s rock cakes might not be the best cakes for tea party but you can turn around with our recipe. The delicious fruitcakes are made with your traditional cake ingredients. Just add a few raisins to the mix and bake.
2. Harry Potter Cockroach Clusters : The real cockroach clusters are good for pranks but not for real life delicacies. For a better edible version, try making them with some dark chocolate and halved pecans. Sounds good? That’s because they are.
3. Harry Potter Fizzing Whizbees : The muggle world version of Fizzing Whizbees might not make you levitate but it’ll definitely tickle your senses. The bee shaped chocolates are filled with fruity pop rocks to give you a popping surprise element.
4. Harry Potter Cauldron Cakes : The cauldron cakes at Universal Studios come in little silicon molds. We want the same cuteness but at home. Just bake a delicious cake in the mold, top it with flame buttercream and chill it. You can chill too.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Harry Potter Amortentia Love Potion?
- Pan – The pan is where you brew your delicious Amortentia love potion.
- Immersion Blender – The immersion blender makes the drink smooth and creamy. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can just put the whole drink in a regular blender and just blend it up.
- Whisk – You need the whisk to bring all the magic together and mix them.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Harry Potter Amortentia Love Potion?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Harry Potter Amortentia Love Potion?
- 2% Milk and Vanilla Cream- Traditionally, standard potion water serves as the base for the potion. But here, we are using milk and vanilla ice cream as the medium for our love potion.
- Peppermint Mocha Creamer – Amortentia uses peppermint oil which is also easily available in the muggle world, but peppermint mocha creamer goes better with the taste and texture of our drink.
- White Chocolate Chips – Another unique (or should I say weird) ingredient of the love potion is rose thorns. The next best thing I could find was white chocolate chips. If you look closely, they resemble rose thorns in shape.
- Frozen Cherries – Now, you might wonder why I used cherries. Well, cherries are the substitute for Ashwinder eggs. The Ashwinder eggs are very flammable and look bright red. They are said to be very valuable when frozen. In the muggle world, the closest thing to the eggs that I could find were bright frozen cherries.
- Red Food Coloring – A drop of red color to give it a rosy tint.
- Pink Shimmer Baking Dust – As we don’t have powdered moonstone and mother-of-pearl, we’ll have to make do with some pink shimmer dust to give the sheen of the love potion. It actually makes the drink look really pretty.
Steps To Make Harry Potter Amortentia Love Potion
1. Potion Brewing 101
Start with the ingredients that we have to melt in the pan. In a pan, add the milk and the vanilla ice cream and place the pan over medium heat. Also, add the white chocolate chips and mix with a whisk until everything is mixed and melted. We have the base of the drink.
2. Immersing and Blending
Add the peppermint creamer and the red food coloring and keep whisking. Add the frozen cherries to the pan as well. When the frozen cherries have thawed and warmed, use an immersion blender to mix them and make a smooth drink.
3. Pink and Shimmery Drink
Lastly, add in the pink shimmer dust and pour into mugs. Sprinkle some dust on top of the drink and enjoy. Your Harry Potter Amortentia love potion is ready! You can top it with some heart marshmallows and enjoy.
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
How Will The Harry Potter Amortentia Love Potion Look And Taste Like?
The Harry Potter Amortentia love potion looks pink and shimmery. It smells like cherries, white chocolate, and vanilla that are pretty much what I am attracted to. So, I guess it kinda works. The drink is smooth and creamy. You can taste the chocolate, peppermint, and cherries as well. This warm-hug-of-a-drink is a great option for cozy evenings, Harry Potter parties, and even for Valentine’s Day. Of course, it is a love potion, and it goes with the theme.
Harry Potter Amortentia Love Potion Recipe
- Immersion Blender
- ½ cup 2% Milk
- 1 pint Vanilla Cream
- ⅓ cup Peppermint Mocha Creamer
- ½ cup White Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Frozen Cherries
- A drop of Red Food Coloring
- ½ oz. Pink Shimmer Baking Dust
- In a pan, add the milk and the vanilla ice cream and place the pan over medium heat. Also, add the white chocolate chips and mix with a whisk until everything is mixed and melted.
- When it’s melted, keep whisking and add the peppermint creamer and the red food coloring. Add the frozen cherries to the pan as well.
- When the frozen cherries have thawed, use an immersion blender to mix them with the drink and make a smooth drink.
- Lastly, add in the pink shimmer dust and pour into mugs. Sprinkle some dust on top of the drink and enjoy. Your Harry Potter Amortentia love potion is ready!
This was all about the Harry Potter Amortentia love potion recipe. Make this delicious pink drink at home and tell me in the comments who fell in love with you after drinking this. See you next time with another great recipe!