If you’re a fan of trash can nachos by chef Guy Fieri, then you’re in the right place. In this post, I am going to tell the exact recipe of Guy Fieri trash can nachos, which is very delicious and crunchy.
To make trash can nachos, start by making the steak. To make picot de Gallo, combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice.
Then, make cheese sauce using cheddar, butter, and flour. In a trash can, assemble all, and nachos are ready to serve.
Making trash can nachos is a fun and easy. You can also make them with refried beans and ground beef.
The best part about making trash can nachos is that they can be customized to everyone’s liking. So go ahead and experiment with different ingredients and toppings until you find the perfect combination.
This recipe is a little complex but doesn’t worry, I have simplified the steps in the complete recipe below so that you can make your nachos just like Guy Fieri.
But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Chef John’s Refried Beans– This recipe was made so famous by John Armand Mitzewich, also known as Chef John. The reason why his name is associated with this dish is that due to his added flavors, these Beans got a new twist making them more delicious.
2. Jamie Oliver’s Lobster Spaghetti Pasta– If you would like to add an Italian twist to your lobster, then try making Jamie Oliver’s lobster spaghetti at your home. Jamie Oliver’s lobster spaghetti pasta is a great take on the pasta dish and makes for a great seafood pasta recipe.
3. Bobby Flay’s Pizza Dough– The recipe is from a very famous chef named Bobby Flay. Bobby Flay is an American celebrity chef and a renowned television personality. He is the owner of many restaurants and has written many cookbooks as well.
4. Thomas Keller’s Chicken Roast– Most people know how to make roasted chicken but do you about the famous Thomas Keller’s Chicken Roast Recipe? Thomas Keller is an American chef, cookbook writer, and restaurateur. His chicken roast recipe is world-famous for its brine and juicy chicken.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Guy Fieri Trash Can Nachos?
- Grilling Pan – Grill the steak over high heat on a grilling pan until it gets charred completely.
- Large Tin Empty Can – Spoon the layer of melty cheese, tortilla chips, steak, and beans in a large tin empty can.
- Saucepan – Prepare the cheese mixture in a saucepan until it gets smooth and toasted.
- Bowl – Prepare the steak marinade mixture in a bowl.
- Knife – Mince the onion and garlic and slice grilled steak using a knife.
- Grater – Grate all types of cheese using a grater for the recipe.
- Spatula – Spoon melty cheese in a can and whisk the ingredients using a spatula until smooth.
- Chopping Board – Chop, mince, and grate the ingredients on a chopping board.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Guy Fieri Trash Can Nachos?
|1 Hour 20 Minutes
|1 Hour 40 Minutes
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Guy Fieri Trash Can Nachos?
- Skirt Steak – Grilled steak will add a subtle taste with hints of nutty, crispy, and tenderness.
- Heavy Cream – The heavy cream in the sauce will add the creamy texture and thicken the sauce.
- Milk – Pour in milk to the pan. It will help thin the sauce out a bit and adds sweet flavor.
- Mild Cheddar Cheese – Add freshly grated cheese to give a stronger nutty and buttery flavor.
- Monterey Jack – Add grated Monterey Jack cheese to the pan to give the sauce a mild and buttery flavor with a compact and supple texture.
- Asadero Cheese – Grated Asadero cheese to the pan to add a light, fresh, and tangy taste to the sauce.
- Oaxaca Cheese – Add grated Oaxaca cheese to give the sauce earthy flavor and buttery texture.
- Mexican Crema – Layer the chips with Mexican crema to add a kick of a creamy and slightly tangy condiment.
- Butter – Melt butter in a pan to add richness to the cheese sauce.
- Jalapenos Juice – Add jalapeño juice to the pan to give the sauce a spicy flavor.
- Lime Juice – Lime juice will help tenderize steak.
- Pico De Gallo – Pico de Gallo is added to the pan while making cheese mixture to add a delicious, addictive, and a spicy kick.
- Black Beans – Black beans will add a soft, creamy, and mild to the dish.
- Flour – Stir in flour to the pan which will help thicken the cheese sauce.
- Sweet Onion – Onion will add sweetness to the beans.
- Garlic Cloves – Add minced garlic to create a more flavorful marinade.
- Dried Mexican Oregano – Mexican oregano will add citrusy undertones and earthy flavor with a hint of lime to the beans.
- Pickled Jalapenos – Add minced jalapeño to give a spicy, delicate, and a slightly tart flavor to the sauce.
- Cayenne – Cayenne pepper will add hot and a little fruity flavor to the cheese sauce.
- Tortilla Chips – Tortilla chips will give a stronger alkaline-cooked flavor and a crispier texture.
- Kosher Salt – Salt will not only add flavor to your steak, but it also helps make steak juicy and tender.
Steps To Make Guy Fieri Trash Can Nachos
1. Start By Slicing
Start by heating grilling pan oven medium heat. Meanwhile, mince garlic cloves and onions. Grate Monterey cheese, cheddar cheese, and Asadero cheese.
Take a bowl and put the steak in it. Mx in lime juice, two cloves of minced garlic, and one tablespoon of kosher salt in a bowl.
Rub the mixture over the steak from both sides. Refrigerate the steak for 30 minutes.
Grill the steak over high heat until it gets charred completely. Leave it for some time and then chop.
2. Melty Cheese Is The Twist
Lay a knob of butter and flour in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking until it gets smooth and toasted.
Pour in milk and heavy cream into it and bring the mixture to a boil. Whisk in grated Monterey Jack, Oaxaca, mild cheddar, and asadero cheese until they get melted.
Drizzle a pinch of cayenne and cumin; a tablespoon of jalapeno juice, minced pickled jalapenos, and Pico de Gallo. Remove the contents from heat and keep them warm.
3. Trash Can Nachos Is Ready
Drain rinsed and soaked dried black beans and transfer to a saucepan. Add water and bring it to a boil.
Now, add minced onion, garlic, half a tablespoon of kosher salt, and Mexican oregano into the saucepan. Simmer the mixture until the beans are tender.
4. Layer The Trash
Now, spoon some of the melty cheese in a tin can. Layer it up by tortilla chips one-quarter of the way up.
Put more cheese over the chips. Layer up with steak and beans as well. Season it with sliced onion, sliced jalapeno, Pico de Gallo, and drizzle with Mexican crema.
Repeat the above-mentioned steps. After placing a large round tray over the nachos, invert the can. Now remove the can.
Garnish it with more red onion, jalapeno and cilantro.
How Will Guy Fieri Trash Can Nachos Look And Taste Like?
Guy Fieri trash can nachos is made with Lucious and ooey-gooey cheese sauce that seeps over every chip crevice, ensuring no bite is left dry. This is the secret sauce, and you’ll never want to have another plate of nachos without it.
Trash can nachos is the pile of sweet and savory goodness starts with crispy chips, which are stacked with mini pretzels, melty cheese, and spicy salsa.
And, of course, it’s all piled high inside Guy’s signature trash can. These nachos are definitely off the hook!
Chef Guy Fieri Trash Can Nachos Recipe
- Grilling Pan
- Large Tin Can
- Chopping Board
- 8 ounces Skirt Steak
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 ounces Mild Cheddar (Grated)
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack (Grated)
- 2 ounces Oaxaca (Grated)
- 2 ounces Asadero Cheese (Grated)
- ½ cup Mexican Crema (For Topping)
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Pickled Jalapenos Juice
- 2 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoon Pico De Gallo
- 1 cup Dried Black Beans
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- ½ cup Sweet Onion (Minced)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 teaspoon Dried Mexican Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Pickled Jalapenos (Minced)
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne
- ¼ pound Tortilla chips
- 1 ½ tablespoon Kosher Salt
- Heat grilling pan oven medium heat. Mince garlic cloves and onions. Grate Monterey cheese, cheddar cheese, and Asadero cheese.
- In a bowl, put the the steak. Mix lime juice, minced garlic cloves, and kosher salt.
- Rub it over the steak from both sides. Refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Grill the steak over high heat until it gets charred completely. Leave it for some time, then chop.
- Lay butter and flour in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking until it gets smooth and toasted.
- Pour in milk and heavy cream into it and bring it to a boil.
- Whisk in Monterey Jack, Oaxaca, grated mild cheddar and asadero cheese until they get melted.
- Drizzle a pinch of cayenne and cumin; jalapeno juice, minced pickled jalapenos, and Pico de Gallo. Remove the contents from heat and keep them warm.
- Drain rinsed and soaked dried black beans and transfer to a saucepan.
- Add water and bring it to a boil. Now, put sweet onion, minced garlic,, kosher salt, and Mexican Oregano into the saucepan.
- Simmer until the beans are tender.
- Now, spoon some of the melty cheese in a tin can. Layer it up by tortilla chips one-quarter of the way up.
- Put more cheese over the chips. Layer up with steak and beans as well.
- Season it with sliced red onion, sliced jalapeno, Pico de Gallo and drizzle with Mexican crema.
- Repeat the above-mentioned step to make 3 more layers. After placing a large round tray over the nachos, invert the can. Now remove the can.
- Garnish it with more red onion, jalapeno and cilantro.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are trash can nachos?
Trash can nachos are a dish that is made by layering tortilla chips, cheese, and meat toppings in a garbage can. The dish is then cooked in the oven or on a grill.
What are the origins of trash can nachos?
The origins of trash can nachos are unknown. However, the dish has become popular in recent years, likely due to its unique presentation.
What are some common toppings for trash can nachos?
Common toppings for trash can nachos include ground beef, shredded chicken, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole. Feel free to get creative with your toppings!
Can I make trash can nachos ahead of time?
Yes, you can make trash can nachos ahead of time! Simply layer the tortilla chips, cheese, and meat toppings in the garbage can. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook. When you’re ready to eat, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 15-20 minutes.
Guy Fieri trash can nachos are a fun and easy dish to make at home. They are perfect for parties or large gatherings, and can be easily customized to fit your guests’ taste.
Now, go and make these Guy Fieri trash can nachos. Please tell us your reviews in the comment section below.
Also, if you have any suggestions or queries, mention them in the comments as well. I’ll be happy to help you. Till then, eat healthy and stay healthy.