If you’re a fan of trash can nachos by chef Guy Fieri, then you’re in the right place. In this post, I am going to tell the exact recipe the chef uses to make these trash can nachos.
I first tried this yummy dish at El Burro Borracho in Las Vegas. The chef there was very friendly and told me all the ingredients they use in nachos. So when I returned home, I was missing those trash can nachos. I decided to make them at my home by taking the internet’s help and the tips the chef gave me. When I made them, they were exactly the same, delicious and crunchy.
Making Trash Can Nachos involves 4 main steps: making the beef, Pico de Gallo, cheese sauce and assembling the nachos. To make picot de Gallo, combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice. Then, make cheese sauce using cheddar, butter and flour. In a trash can, assemble all and nachos are ready.
This recipe is a little complex but doesn’t worry, I have simplified the steps in the complete recipe below so that you can make your nachos just like Guy Fieri. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Chef John’s Refried Beans– This recipe was made so famous by John Armand Mitzewich, also known as Chef John. The reason why his name is associated with this dish is that due to his added flavors, these Beans got a new twist making them more delicious.
2. Jamie Oliver’s Lobster Spaghetti Pasta– If you would like to add an Italian twist to your lobster, then try making Jamie Oliver’s lobster spaghetti at your home. Jamie Oliver’s lobster spaghetti pasta is a great take on the pasta dish and makes for a great seafood pasta recipe.
3. Bobby Flay’s Pizza Dough– The recipe is from a very famous chef named Bobby Flay. Bobby Flay is an American celebrity chef and a renowned television personality. He is the owner of many restaurants and has written many cookbooks as well.
4. Thomas Keller’s Chicken Roast– Most people know how to make roasted chicken but do you about the famous Thomas Keller’s Chicken Roast Recipe? Thomas Keller is an American chef, cookbook writer, and restaurateur. His chicken roast recipe is world-famous for its brine and juicy chicken.
Chef Guy Fieri Trash Can Nachos Recipe
- 3 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 ½ tbsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 8 ounces Skirt Steak
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 ounces Grated Mild Cheddar
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack
- 2 ounces Asadero Cheese
- 2 ounces Oaxaca
- 1 tbsp Minced Pickled Jalapenos
- 1 tbsp Pickled Jalapenos Juice
- 1 cup Dried Black Beans
- 2 tbsp Pico De Gallo
- ½ cup Minced Sweet Onion
- 1 tsp Dried Mexican Oregano
- ¼ pound Tortilla chips
- 110 ounce Large Tin Empty Can
- Take a dish and put the steak in it. Then, mix lime juice, 2 minced garlic cloves and 1 tablespoon kosher salt in a bowl, and rub it over the steak from both sides.
- Refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Grill the steak over high heat until it gets charred completely. Leave it for some time, then chop.
- Put butter and flour in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking until it gets smooth and toasted.
- Put milk and heavy cream into it and bring it to a boil. Whisk in Monterey Jack, Oaxaca, grated mild cheddar and asadero cheese until they get melted.
- Put a pinch each of cayenne and cumin; jalapeno juice, minced pickled jalapenos and Pico de Gallo. Remove the contents from heat and keep them warm.
- Drain rinsed and soaked dried black beans and transfer to a saucepan. Add water and bring it to a boil. Now, put sweet onion, minced garlic, 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt and Mexican Oregano into the saucepan.
- Simmer until the beans are tender.
- Now, spoon some of the melty cheese in a tin can. Layer it up by tortilla chips one-quarter of the way up.
- Put more cheese over the chips. Layer up with steak and beans as well. Season it with sliced red onion, sliced jalapeno, Pico de Gallo and drizzle with Mexican crema.
- Repeat the above-mentioned step to make 3 more layers. After placing a large round tray over the nachos, invert the can. Now remove the can.
- Garnish it with more red onion, jalapeno and cilantro.
Now, go and make these Trash Can Nachos. Please tell us your rviews in the comment section below. Also, if you have any suggestions or queries, mention them in the comments as well. I’ll be happy to help you. Till then, eat healthy and stay healthy.