Now this is what we are made for people, we get you famous foods from all parts of the world so you enjoy the food from everywhere and know all traditions. This one’s a street side snack which has the capability to make your festivals lively. On the auspicious occasion of Diwali this well known Gujrati dish can enlighten your day with its mouth watering taste.
This YUMMY GHUGRA is a crispy shell, with softened interiors and a real delighting taste. It can be devoured with friends and family as a perfect savoury to heavens.
How much time it will Take:
Ingredients for Gujrati Mattar Ghugra:
|Wheat flour||1 cup|
|Pure ghee||2 tbsp|
|Water||Enough to knead the dough|
|Cumin seeds||½ tsp|
|Mustard seeds||¼ tsp|
|Leaf cody||10-12 leaves|
|Boiled and slightly mashed peas||2 cups|
|Red chilli powder||¼ tsp|
|Ginger and green chilli paste||2 tsp|
|Pudina chutney||To serve with|
How to Make Spicy Gujrati Mattar Ghugra | Recipe:
Making of dough:
- In bowl take 1 cup wheat flour add 2 tbsp ghee in it.
- Mix it with fingers.
- Then with cold water knead to dough to such a proportion that it is neither too soft nor soo hard.
- Keep it in a bowl.
Making of the filling:
- In a pre-heated pan add2 tbsp oil and heat it.
- Put cumin seeds, mustard seeds and leaf cody in it.
- Now add peas to it and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add red chilli powder, salt, ginger and green chilli paste.
- Cook it well.
- Place it in a bowl.
Making of GHUGRA:
- From the above kneaded dough make small sized, thin round shapes.
- Fill half of it with the above cooked filling.
- Wrap the other half on it, seal the borders.
- Put a plating design on the corners.
- Take a pre-heated pan and heat oil in it for frying these GHUGRA.
- On a medium flame fry them till they become golden in colour.
- They are cooked on a medium flame so that the filling doesn’t spread out.
- Serve hot with pudina chutney.
This YUMMY GHUGRA can also be savoured with tamarind sauce and tomato ketchup.
Savour another states speciality in just minutes with common ingredients in your kitchen. Feel connected and one with the world.
Stay tuned for more recipes to add on to your life…