I have come up with a recipe that will help you make a quick and easy dinner. The recipe is for ground beef tacos.
While opting for ground beef, I prefer to have a beef with 80-90% of lean meat. The meat with high fat will give more flavor to the tacos. These tacos make a perfect family dinner for the weekend.
Ground beef tacos have a simple recipe. Combine onion, starch, chili powder, cornstarch, cumin, garlic, oregano, and water with the ground beef in a pan. Cook this mixture and fill it in the tacos. In three steps, your beef tacos will be ready to enjoy.
You can use Cotija cheese or any of its substitutes in the recipe if you want. The recipe has little details involved that are not mentioned above. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Pecan Cornbread Dressing– To make this recipe, I will recommend you to use stale cornbread, not a fresh one. This will give a crispy texture to the cornbread dressing mix.
2. Tacos De Pescado– I will share the Tacos De Pescado Recipe with my fish taco lovers, so you can make it at home with deep-fried fish by using some mayonnaise.
3. Camarones al Ajillo– This recipe of Camarones al Ajillo reminds me of my hometown. It is a complete dinner recipe that you can make for any occasion. I am always up for any variety of shrimp recipes!
4. Pork Lo Mein– Lo mein is a noodle dish that often is confused with chow mein, and many Chinese restaurants further the confusion by using the two names interchangeably.
Ground Beef Tacos Recipe
- 2 teaspoons Onion (dried, minced)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic (dried, minced)
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- ½ cup Water
- Mix onion, salt, chili powder, cornstarch, cumin, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, garlic, and oregano in a bowl.
- Take a large skillet and heat it over a medium-high flame. Add ground beef to it and cook until it turns brown. This may take 7-10 minutes. Drain the excess grease from the skillet.
- Place the skillet pack on heat. Add water and seasoning mixture to the beef. Mix them well over medium flame. Cook till all the moisture gets absorbed in the meat. This will take 5 minutes.
- Fill the mixture into the taco shells. Serve hot.