Turkey is the pride of the Thanksgiving soiree. Out of all turkey recipes, grilled turkey breast is the finest treat (the one you’ll never get tired of). Trust me! It’s a guaranteed holiday hit. This turkey breast is charred and filled with mouth-watering spices. It’s turkey breast, so it is naturally tender and flavorful. So, get ready to enjoy a spicy and juicy grilling fare.
Grilled turkey breast is slow-cooked on the grill and is braised with the butter and spice mixture. The spice mixture is a brilliant combination of aromatic spices like oregano, pepper, garlic, onion, basil, and many more. The butter and olive oil added to the spice mixture retains the moisture of the turkey skin. Place the pan under the grill to get the juice from the turkey. You can use this juice to braise the turkey while it’s cooking.
Now, let’s start with the recipe for grilled turkey breast. But before that, if you don’t have onion powder, I have a solution for you. Here is a list of onion powder substitutes for you.
This recipe needs a few easy to handle equipment and a handful of ingredients. The lists of the ingredients are mentioned below. Get all of these arranged in your kitchen and let move on to the recipe instructions. Try this recipe for your Thanksgiving feast and enjoy it with your guests.
What Equipment Will You Need For Grilled Turkey Breast?
- Bowl- Use a small bowl to make the spice and butter mixture for the turkey.
- Grill- Grill is the main equipment for this recipe.
- Spoon- Use a spoon to mix the spices and ingredients for the butter and spice mixture. You can also use a spoon in order to baste the turkey.
- Platter- Serve your grilled turkey on a platter.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Grilled Turkey Breast?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Resting Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||2 Hours 45 Minutes||15 Minutes||3 Hours 15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Grilled Turkey Breast?
- Turkey breast- Turkey breast is the main ingredient for this recipe. One Turkey breast is enough for this recipe.
- Lemons – Add the juice of two lemons to add a citrusy twist to the turkey.
- Garlic powder- Add two tablespoons of garlic powder to the spice rub. It’ll give a nice seasoning flavor to the turkey.
- Onion powder- Onion powder adds onion flavor and a mild sweetness to the dish. Use about two teaspoons of the onion powder in the spice rub.
- Oregano, minced- Mince about two tablespoons of fresh oregano to add earthy and aromatic flavor to the turkey.
- Basil- Mince two tablespoons of fresh basil and add it to the turkey to give it a fresh herbal aroma and flavor.
- Tarragon- Add a tablespoon of minced tarragon to the spice rub to add more herbal flavor to the turkey.
- Sea salt- A tablespoon of sea salt is enough to enhance the flavor and to season the turkey.
- Pepper- Add a half teaspoon of pepper to add some heat and spiciness to the turkey.
- Butter- Melt four tablespoons of butter to enhance the flavor of the turkey. Butter coated on the turkey creates a nice crisp on turkey skin. It also keeps it moist from the inside.
- Olive oil- Olive oil will braise the turkey skin and coat it with all the flavors of the spice rub.
Steps To Make Grilled Turkey Breast
1. Season Turkey Breast With Spice Mixture
Take a small bowl and add oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, tarragon, basil, pepper, and salt to it. Now, add lemon juice, melted butter, and olive oil. Mix them all together and gently rub the inside and outside of the turkey mixture with this spice mixture.
2. Grill And Serve
Place the turkey in the center of the preheated grill (325 F). Close its lid and cook for about 2 to 2.5 hours. Baste the turkey every 30 minutes with the spice mixture. Remove from the heat when the internal temperature of the turkey is 165 F. Let it cool for about 15 minutes and serve.
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||547 IU|
|Vitamin C||30 mg|
How Will Grilled Turkey Breast Look and Taste?
So! We’re ready with our delicious Thanksgiving grilled turkey breast. The turkey skin is masked with smoky char and is coated with incredible seasoning spices. It has crispy outer skin and is juicy and tender on the inside. Every bite is loaded with the flavors of butter, spices like garlic, oregano, pepper, and herbs like basil and tarragon. It’s a perfect fit for a Thanksgiving turkey meal. Try it and enjoy it with your family feast!
Grilled Turkey Breast Recipe
- 1 Turkey Breast
- 2 Lemons
- 4 tablespoons Butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Oregano (minced)
- 2 tablesoppns Fresh Basil (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Tarragon (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Pepper
- To a small bowl, add oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, tarragon, basil, pepper, and salt. Now, pour in melted butter, lemon juice, and olive oil. Mix them gently and rub the of the turkey skin inside out with this spice mixture.
- Lay this turkey in the center of the preheated grill (325 F). Close the lid and cook the turkey for about 2 to 2.5 hours. Baste it every 30 minutes with the spice mixture juice. Remove the turkey from the grill when its internal temperature is 165 F. Let it cool for about 15 minutes and then serve.
I hope you liked this recipe. Tell me about your recipe in the comments below. Try other Thanksgiving recipes too.