The recipe that I going to share today is for the Tri-Tip sandwiches. It is made with caramelized onions, melted cheese, and roasted Tri-Tip stacked between two thick slices of ciabatta.
Tri-tip is the 1.5-2.5 pounds of meat that comes from the bottom (tip) of the sirloin. It is also known by so many other names like California cut, Newport steak, sirloin tip, sirloin butt, culotte, bottom sirloin, top sirloin, and more. Tri-Tip is an excellent source of Niacin, Protein, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, and Zinc and a good Iron, Riboflavin, and Phosphorus source.
To make tri-tip sandwiches, mix paprika, cumin, chilli powder, salt, pepper, white sugar, brown sugar, and cayenne pepper a bowl. Apply it to the tri tip and let it marinate for 3 hours. Then, make a tangy paste in a bowl. After that grill the tip and the bread from each side. Layer the tangy paste, tri tip, provolone, arugula, and caramelized onion on the bread and serve.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Liverwurst Sandwich– Liverwurst sandwich is a meal that people have been eating for more than a century. It was a common food during the 1900s. Now, these sandwiches are available in many deli restaurants.
2. Stuffed Beef Sandwiches– Stuffed beef sandwiches have an amazing taste. They are one of my favorite sandwiches. They are filled with beef, vegetables, and cheese. It is an easy job to make these sandwiches at home.
3. Roast Beef Sandwich– Most of us eat a beef sandwich at a myriad of places or restaurants. But have you ever ate Roast Beef Sandwich? If your answer is no, then today I bring Roast Beef Sandwich Recipe.
4. Muffuletta Sandwich– This Muffuletta Sandwich is an instant sandwich recipe and will not be going to take much of your precious time. From the name of the recipe, you will not get any idea about how we are going to make this recipe.
Ingredients for Grilled Tri-Tip Sandwiches
For the Tri-Tip
|Cayenne Pepper||1 tablespoon|
|Trimmed Tri-Tip Roast||2-3 pounds|
|Chilli Powder||2 tablespoons|
|Ground Cumin||2 tablespoons|
|Brown Sugar||2 tablespoons|
|White Sugar||2 tablespoons|
|Ground Black Pepper||2 tablespoons|
For the Sandwich
|Ciabatta Bread||1 loaf|
|Garlic (minced)||1 tablespoon|
|Rosemary (chopped)||1 tablespoon|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Garnishing Time||Total Time|
|3 Hours||10 Minutes||5 Minutes||3 Hours 15 Minutes|
Tri-Tip Sandwiches Recipe
- In a bowl, paprika, cumin, chilli powder, salt, pepper, white sugar, brown sugar, and cayenne pepper. Apply it on both sides of tri-tip. Cover in cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. (Refrigerate for about 3 days for intense flavours).
- While the tri-tip marinates, blend lemon juice, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, and rosemary in a bowl. Cover the tangy paste and refrigerate until needed.
- Remove the tri-tip 1 hour prior to grilling it.
- For grilling, preheat the grill to 500°F. Place tri-tip over direct heat for about 4 minutes on each side. Turn the burners to medium heat, close lid and cook for some time until internal temperature reaches 130°F to 140°F. Remove it from grill.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the ciabatta into 1-inch slices and grill it in a little of the butter.
- Layer one slice of ciabatta with the tangy paste, top it up with slices of tri-tip, provolone and arugula.
- Stack it up with caramelized onions and topping of your choice. Your juicy tri-tip sandwich is ready!
Nutrition Facts about Grilled Tri-Tip Sandwich
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Vitamin A||135 μg|
|Vitamin C||22.5 mg|
Note– This breakdown of nutrients is for a Serving Size of 1 sandwich (335g).