Grilled salmon burgers are the perfect cure for your salmon cravings. The patty is made with both, sliced and pureed salmon. In addition to the fish, the patty has breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, scallions, and a little bit of mustard. The patties are covered in panko before grilling. This makes for a crispy and flaky patty.
This grilled salmon burger recipe transforms the tender salmon fillet into crispy yet flaky grilled salmon patties. These patties, when combined with delicious toppings, make an amazing burger.
To make grilled salmon burgers, slice ¾th of the salmon and puree the remaining ¼th. Mix these in a bowl and add scallions, mustard, and mayonnaise. Further, add panko to bind, salt and pepper to season. Make 4 patties and cover them in panko on both sides and then grill. Use tartar sauce, arugula, and fresh cucumber slices as toppings.
Out of panko? Well, there’s no need to worry. Here is the list of some of the best panko substitutes that you can use in your recipe. Thank me later!
This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Burger Americana– Burgers are one of the highest-selling foods all over the world. Burger Americana is so popular in the US. So, if you want to make burgers just like those in the restaurants you have landed upon the right place.
2. Soy Burger– A great burger is the birthright of every American. These burgers made with soybeans are the best veggie burgers I’ve ever had.
3. Mushroom Stuffed Burgers– Mushroom stuffed burgers are the perfect recipe if you love a delicious juicy cheeseburger and tender mushrooms. This recipe brings you the best of both.
4. Amaya’s Migas– Migas is the main dish made with eggs and torn-up tortillas. You can not only have this recipe as dinner, but it also makes a great breakfast. This recipe is given by Robert Amaya.
Ingredients For Grilled Salmon Burgers
- 1 ¼ pounds skinless, boneless Salmon
- 2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- A pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Scallions (chopped)
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Panko Breadcrumbs
- Salt and Black Pepper (for seasoning)
- 4 Buns (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Tartar sauce, Arugula and Fresh Cucumber slices (for toppings)
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Grilled Salmon Burgers?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|50 Minutes||10 Minutes||1 Hour|
Steps To Make Grilled Salmon Burgers
- Let’s start with the salmon. Take ¾ of the salmon and dice it into small pieces. You should keep them about ¼ inches thick.
- Take the remaining ¼ portion of salmon and cut it into chunks. Put these chunks into a food processor to make a paste.
- Now, mix the paste with the diced salmon. To this mixture, add scallions, mustard and mayonnaise. Add panko to this mixture. Panko helps the patties to bind and retain their shape. Also, add half a teaspoon of salt and black pepper each to season. Mix nicely to combine the ingredients.
- Divide the mix into 4 equal mounds. Place them on parchment paper. Make sure you brush the paper with enough olive oil.
- Now, pat down the mounds gently. Shape them to round patties that are about ¾ inches in thickness. Cover them with plastic wrap and keep them in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- After you have taken out the patties, cover them in panko on both sides. The patties are now ready to be grilled.
- Preheat the grill. Brush the patties with olive oil on both sides before placing them on the grill. Cook both sides of the patty until they turn brown. Once they look crispy on the outside and pink and flaky on the inside, you should know the patties are done.
- Slice and toast the buns. Place the patties on the buns. Top with tartar sauce, arugula and last but not least, slices of fresh cucumber.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Grilled Salmon Burgers
|Nutritional Value||Per Serving|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|