Grilled salmon burgers are the perfect food if you want to satisfy your salmon cravings. It is quite delicious and fulfilling. These salmon burgers make for a great snack.
This grilled salmon burger recipe transforms the tender salmon fillet into crispy yet flaky grilled salmon patties. These patties, when combined with delicious toppings, make an amazing burger.
To make grilled salmon burgers, slice ¾th of the salmon and puree the remaining ¼th. Mix these in a bowl and add scallions, mustard and mayonnaise. Further, add panko to bind, salt and pepper to season. Make 4 patties and cover them in panko on both sides and then grill. Use tartar sauce, arugula and fresh cucumber slices as toppings.
There are the specific ingredients that you need to make the grilled salmon patties just right, so neither do they crumble apart, nor the flavor of salmon is overpowered. Here is the list of ingredients; take notes!
Ingredients For Grilled Salmon Burgers
- 1 ¼ pounds of skinless and boneless Salmon
- 2 tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon of Mustard
- 1 tablespoon of Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- A pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 2 chopped Scallions
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of Panko Breadcrumbs
- Salt and Black Pepper (for seasoning)
- 4 sliced Buns
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Tartar sauce, Arugula and Fresh Cucumber slices
These ingredients should be enough for 4 servings. These will make sure you get to have a great burger. But, if you are wondering how much time you need to set aside to make these, I am here to help you with that as well.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Grilled Salmon Burgers?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|50 Minutes||10 Minutes||1 Hour|
Now that you know the ingredients and the cooking time you need for this recipe, let us move to the steps. This will tell you exactly how you can transform these ingredients into a delicious burger in the said time.
Steps To Make Grilled Salmon Burgers
- Let’s start with the salmon. Take ¾ of the salmon and dice it into small pieces. You should keep them about ¼ inches thick.
- Take the remaining ¼ portion of salmon and cut it into chunks. Put these chunks into a food processor to make a paste.
- Now mix the paste with the diced salmon. To this mixture, add scallions, mustard and mayonnaise. Add panko to this mixture. Panko helps the patties to bind and retain their shape. Also, add half a teaspoon of salt and black pepper each to season. Mix nicely to combine the ingredients.
- Divide the mix into 4 equal mounds. Place them on parchment paper. Make sure you brush the paper with enough olive oil.
- Now, pat down the mounds gently. Shape them to round patties that are about ¾ inches in thickness. Cover them with plastic wrap and keep them in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- After you have taken out the patties, cover them in panko on both sides. The patties are now ready to be grilled.
- Preheat the grill. Now brush the patties with olive oil on both sides before placing them on the grill. Cook each side until they are brown. Once the outside looks crispy, but they are pink and flaky on the side, you should know the patties are done.
- Slice and toast the buns. Now place the patties on the buns. Top with tartar sauce, arugula and last but not least, slices of fresh cucumber.
The grilled salmon burger is ready to eat. It gives your tastebuds the tang and taste in just the right amount. In terms of nutritional value, here is a table you should check out.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Grilled Salmon Burgers
Here is the nutritional value for this recipe.
|Nutritional Value||Per Serving|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
So now, you know what nutrition you will be getting from this burger. Although, I suggest not counting calories on this one and just enjoy this yummy snack!
How To Make Grilled Salmon Burgers | Video
If there was any part of this recipe that you didn’t understand, here is a similar video that’ll be helpful and guide you a little more. Find it below.
So this was all about this recipe. Do try to make this and let me know how well you liked it. Also, if you have any suggestions or queries, write them down in the comments. I will be happy to hear from you. Thank you!