So, today I will share the recipe for grilled hanger steak. It is a steak that is marinated with spices and sauces and then, grilled to perfection.
Grilling gives the meat a great charred flavor while still keeping it tender and juicy. Grilling a steak doesn’t actually dry out the steak. In addition, marinating the steak gives a great flavor to it that seeps into it. Thus, the grilled hanger steak is juicy and delicious which makes for a great dinner.
To make grilled hanger steak, whisk the oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, and garlic together in a baking dish. Place the steak in the marinade and place it in the refrigerator for 4 hours, turning it after few hours. Season the steak with salt and pepper and grill each side for 5 minutes. Then, cut the steak into slices and serve.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Lemon Chicken– Lemon chicken is one of the easiest recipes among other chicken recipes. You must be wondering; we can even put lemon on the chicken rather than adding it while cooking.
2. Cochinita Pibil– Cochinita Pibil is an easy-to-make Mexican pork dish that originated from Yucatan, Mexico. By learning this recipe, you can make this recipe so easily at your home.
3. Sous Vide Skirt Steak– This Sous Vide Skirt Steak is super tender, flavorful and evenly cooked edge to edge. The sous vide cooking technique allows you to cook a better steak dinner than the best steakhouse.
4. Shell Steak– Shell Steak means that part of a short loin of beef having no tenderloin. This cut is perfect for pan-frying. Making Shell Steak at home can be really fun as well as equally easy.
Grilled Hanger Steak Recipe
- Grill/ Grill Pan
- ¼ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Brown Sugar
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme
- 1½ lbs. Hanger Steak
- Vegetable Oil (for grilling)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Whisk the oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, and garlic together in a baking dish. Place the steak in the marinade and flip the coat over the plastic wrapping. Let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour at room temperature or up to 4 hours turning the steak regularly.
- Over medium-high heat, preheat a grill or grill pan and gently grease the grill. Remove the meat from the marinade with paper towels and pat off the waste. Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Grill it for roughly 5 minutes, rotating once until medium-rare, on either side.
- Keep it on a cutting board and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes. Slice the grain with the beef.