The recipe I am sharing with you is from Japanese Cuisine. Grilled Eel has been popular for the past thousand years in Japan.
The rich flavors and texture will make it worth tasting. It is cooked traditionally on charcoals and then cooked in steam to remove the excess fat from it. The dish is crisp on the outside and tender from the inside. But if you cook it on high heat, then you do not need to steam it to remove the fat.
To make Grilled Eel, boil mirin and sake in a small saucepan till the alcohol evaporates. Add sugar along with soy sauce to it and bring it to a boil. Preheat the grill and, meanwhile, butterfly the eel. Place it on the grill with skin on the grill. Cover and cook for 3 min on each side. Now, baste the prepared sauce on both sides of the eel and grill them over high flame.
Do not consider the above methods as a detailed one. You will get to know about the recipe in detail below. This dish is really easy to make. You just need to follow the defined instructions precisely. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Tuna Croquettes– The recipe is very delicious and can be made very quickly. The best part is it takes very little in time to get prepared.
2. Beef Bouillon– Beef can be used as a base ingredient in many soups. This beef bouillon is very simple to make at home. It is a clear seasoned soup with no solid ingredients.
3. Eggplant Napoleon– These eggplant napoleon appetizers are stacked with slices of baked eggplant, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. It’s the perfect appetizer for a summer dinner.
4. Gluten-Free Monster Cookies without Peanut Butter– These easy, giant gluten free chocolate chip monster cookies are made with oats, peanut butter, and plenty of brown sugar, but no rice flour.
Ingredients For Grilled Eel
- 2 eel fillets (approximately 1 pound of meat)
- 1 ½ tablespoons sake tablespoon
- ¼ cup mirin
- 2 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar (or brown sugar)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
The ingredients of this recipe are readily accessible in any supermarket. Some of them can be found in your home. So check them first in your pantry and then visit the supermarket. Now let’s see how much time you require to prepare this dish.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Grilled Eel?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
The preparation time for this delicacy is 15 minutes. This seems easy, right. Take a note of how to prepare it.
Steps To Make Grilled Eel
- Take a small saucepan, add mirin and sake to it. Bring them to a boil till the alcohol evaporates.
- Add sugar to this and stir it till it dissolves completely.
- Add soy sauce to it and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and continue to cook till it gets thick. This may take 10 minutes. As it becomes thick, remove the pan from heat.
- Set the grill to preheat. Till then, butterfly the eels to grill them flat.
- Place them on the grill with its ski down on the grill.
- Cover and grill them for 3-5 minutes on each side. Flip then and grill.
- Apply the prepared sauce over the meat. Flip and grill them for a minute on high heat. Repeat the step on another side.
- Remove them and serve them hot with rice.
You can even serve them with grilled or sautéed vegetables.
Nutritional Breakdown of Grilled Eel
Let’s see the nutrition value of the grilled eel.
How To Make Grilled Eel At Home | Video
Do refer to the video I have uploaded to help you in every step of the recipe. This will make your cooking easier.
Is there still any question in your mind regarding the recipe? If yes, then leave your question in the comment section below. I will try to make every detail clear with my best knowledge. I hope you like them as much as we like them sharing with you. Have a good day!