Baking a pie at home is one of the most delightful activities. The recipe I am sharing with you all today is for Green Tomato Lattice Pie.
Green tomato lattice pie is a dessert. Surprisingly, it seems like a savory pie, but green tomatoes do not taste like any vegetable. They have a really basic texture and are good at soaking up the spices. This pie tastes much like apple Pie.
To make green tomato lattice pie, add green tomatoes and vinegar to a bowl. Now, prepare a mixture of cinnamon, sugar, cloves, nutmeg, flour and salt. Sprinkle it over the tomatoes and toss them well. Pour this into the pie crust and cover it with the criss-cross crust of lattice. Bake the pie till it gets brown.
Do not consider the above methods as a detailed method. You will get to know about the recipe in detail below. You just need to follow the step by step procedure precisely mentioned below. Take a look at the ingredients first, gather them and get going.
Ingredients For Green Tomato Lattice Pie
- 5 green tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
The ingredients required for this recipe might be stocked up in your pantry. If not, then you will surely get them all in the supermarket nearby you. Now, let’s take a look at the time it will take to be prepared.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Green Tomato Lattice Pie?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|5 Minutes||35 Minutes||40 Minutes|
This delectable pie will be ready in 40 minutes. It is not a time-consuming dish. Follow up the instructions given below with all accuracy and you will get the best outcome.
Steps To Make Green Tomato Lattice Pie
- Set the oven on preheat mode to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, add green tomatoes and vinegar.
- Take another bowl and add sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt and flour. Mix them well. Sprinkle this mixture over the tomatoes and toss them well so that it coats properly.
- Transfer this mixture to the pie crust and cover it with lattice crust in criss-cross pattern.
- Bake the pie for 35 minutes or until it gets bubbly and the crust turns brown.
It will be a perfect dessert after dinner.
Nutritional Breakdown of Green Tomato Lattice Pie
Take a look at the calories that you will be consumed with this delicious pie.
How To Make Green Tomato Lattice Pie At Home | Video
Do refer this similar video I have uploaded to help you in every step of the recipe. This will make the cooking much more easier.
Is there still any question in your mind regarding the recipe? If yes, then leave your questions in the comment section below. I will try to make every detail clear with my best knowledge. I hope you like this as much as I enjoyed sharing it with you. Have a good day!