Green peppercorn sauce is best served with steak. Today, let’s see how you can make the sauce at your home.
The main ingredients that are used in the sauce are green peppercorn, brandy and beef broth. The alcohol helps give flavor to the sauce. If you don’t have cognac at home, then you can use other brands also. But for best results, I suggest you use cognac brandy only.
Green peppercorn sauce can be made by heating shallots, green peppercorns and butter in a skillet. Now, add the alcohol and then the flour and beef broth. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes. At last, add the cream to thicken the cream. Season and the sauce is ready to serve.
This was just an overview of the recipe and the complete detailed procedure is mentioned below. So, make sure you go through it before making the sauce. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Carrot Top Pesto– The dip has got some tangy and salty flavor that makes your everyday food spicy and tasty. This recipe pairs perfectly with pasta, lasagna and sandwiches.
2. Red Pepper Coulis– Red pepper coulis is mainly a combination of bell peppers and vinegar. It is a kind of thin sauce made of vegetables or fruit puree.
3. Cranberry Sauce– Cranberry sauce gives a lightness to Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner and it adds a delectable flavor. It compliments best with various types of meat like chicken, turkey, pork and ham.
4. Thai Sweet Chili Sauce– The sauce is also known as nam chim kai in Thailand. I prefer to have it with grilled fish, spring rolls and chicken wings. You can also use honey or brown syrup in the sauce.
Green Peppercorn Sauce Recipe
- Medium Skillet
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Minced Shallots
- 2 tbsp Green Peppercorn
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Cognac Brandy
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Homemade Beef Broth
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Salt
- In a medium skillet, add oil and heat it over medium flame. When the oil gets heated, add shallots, green peppercorns and 1 tbsp butter. Cook it until the shallots have softened, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, add the brandy and again turn on the heat. Cook until the alcohol has burned off for a minute.
- In the skillet, add flour and stir it until the flour gets absorbed. Increase the heat to medium-high and add beef broth. Stir and simmer until the sauce gets reduced to half. It will take nearly 3 to 5 minutes.
- At last, add cream and reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer it until it gets thickened, for about 5 minutes. Add remaining butter while stirring and season with salt.
- The sauce is ready to serve.
Well, this was a little bit complex recipe if compared to other sauce recipes. But don’t worry, just follow each and watch the recipe video to make a perfect sauce. If you have any suggestions, then you can post them in the comment section below.