Green eggplant curry is a great vegetarian curry made with delicious eggplants that are cooked in a rich spicy curry. The curry is made with coconut milk, herbs, and spices. It is easy to make and is delicious.
Thai cuisine is always a delight to have. Thai cuisine has a simple cooking style that includes the preparation of light dishes with healthy, aromatic ingredients. I have always been a fan of Thai cuisine. It is easy to make, contains fewer ingredients, and takes almost no time to prepare. The most important thing is that it always tastes delicious, no matter what dish you are eating.
To make green eggplant curry, fry eggplant in a pan for a few minutes until it sears. In another pan, heat oil in a pan and cook green curry paste to it. Then, add coconut milk, add the lemongrass, lime leaves, fish sauce, and brown sugar to it and bring it to a boil. After it starts to boil, add bamboo shoots, cooked eggplant, and bell pepper to it. Cook it for 5 minutes. Then, add basil and top with lemon wedges. Your green eggplant curry is ready!
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Oxo Roast Potatoes– This is a side dish and is light for your body as well. Although it has potatoes, they are boiled and roasted, which makes them healthy and acceptable if you have restricted diet plans.
2. Cheesy Spinach Bake– Everyone loves a dish made with cheese. I am pretty sure that this recipe will be the best spinach recipe you will ever taste. Even if you do not like spinach much, you might still like this cheesy spinach recipe.
3. Szechuan Vegetables– Szechuan Vegetables are a mix of world-famous pleasurable veggies mixed with sauces to create luxury and scenic beauty on our plates. It has an American origin, Chinese making, and Indie masalas to make it more precise.
4. Mochar Ghonto– Mochar Ghonto, also known as Kolar Mocha and Banana Flower Sabzi is a healthy, rich in iron and traditional Bengali food item. This dish brings you the taste of our land; a subtle yet fiery cuisine, rich and traditional in its cores; the Bangla cuisine.
Green Eggplant Curry Recipe
- 1 can Bamboo Shoots
- 1 large Eggplant
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 2-3 Thai Chilies
- 2 teaspoons Vegtable Oil
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 2 cups Green Curry Paste
- 1 teaspoon Fish Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup Thai Basil Leaves
- 4 Lime Leaves
- Lime Wedges (for garnish)
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the pieces of eggplant and stir fry them until they become lightly brown and blistered.
- Cook them until all the eggplant pieces are soft and have a slight sear for about 3-4 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and keep it aside in a separate bowl.
- In another pan or saucepan, add a teaspoon of oil and keep it over medium heat. Add green curry paste and cook it for about 20-30 seconds until a sweet fragrance arises.
- Add coconut milk to this curry and cook it for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add the lemongrass, lime leaves, fish sauce, brown sugar, and some more coconut milk and wait for it to boil.
- After it starts to boil, add bamboo shoots, cooked eggplant, and bell pepper. Cook it for another 4-5 minutes until it gets tender.
- Stir this mixture in some basil leaves and turn off the heat. Serve with some lime wedges on the top.