Thai cuisine is always a delight to have. Thai cuisine has a simple cooking style that includes the preparation of light dishes with healthy, aromatic ingredients. I have always been a fan of Thai cuisine. It is easy to make, contains fewer ingredients and takes almost no time to prepare. And the most important thing is that it always tastes delicious, no matter what dish you are eating, you will love it.
Today, I have got a recipe that not only will make your taste buds go on a roller coaster ride but will make you feel that how cooking can be the best way to spend your time in the kitchen. The recipe that I am talking about is a very popular Thai dish called Green Eggplant Curry. This recipe is quite delicious and can be made very easily at home. The ingredients used are quite healthy, which makes this dish a good reason to eat.
So, what are we waiting for? Let’s start the procedure and the first thing you will need to start with are the ingredients. Below is the table that will show you the different ingredients required to make this green eggplant curry recipe at home.
Ingredients for Green Eggplant Curry
|Vegetable Oil||2 tsp.|
|Bamboo Shoots||1 can|
|Red Bell Pepper||1 Pc.|
|Coconut Milk||1 can|
|Thai Chilies||2-3 Pc.|
|Green Curry Paste||2 cups|
|Lime Leaves||4 Pc.|
|Fish Sauce||1 tsp.|
|Brown Sugar||1 tsp.|
|Thai Basil Leaves||¾ cup|
The list of ingredients is ready and you can get them from any nearest supermarket or grocery store. Time is the important factor and I know how curious you all are to know about the time that this recipe needs to get completely ready. So below is the table that will answer all your questions.
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
Now comes the real part of the recipe, which tells you how to make it. Excited? Ok, then let’s start the recipe and make it simple and comfortable so that you can have the best green eggplant curry recipe ever.
Green Eggplant Curry Recipe
- Take a wok or pan and add some oil to it and keep it on high heat. Add the pieces of eggplant and stir fry it until it becomes lightly brown and blistered.
- Cook it until the eggplant is soft and has a slight sear for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add more oil if needed as the eggplant absorbs oil a lot.
- Take it off the heat and keep it aside in a separate bowl.
- In another pan or saucepan, add a tsp of oil and keep it over medium heat. Add green curry paste and cook it for about 20-30 seconds until a sweet fragrance arises.
- Add coconut milk to this curry and cook it for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now introduce the lemongrass, lime leaves, fish sauce, brown sugar, and some more coconut milk and wait for it to have a boil.
- After it starts to boil, add bamboo shoots, cooked eggplant, and bell pepper. Cook it for another 4-5 minutes until it gets tender.
- Stir this mixture in some basil leaves and turn off the heat. Serve with some lime wedges on the top.
And your green eggplant curry recipe with some delicious taste and aroma is ready to be served. Enjoy this tasty meal with your family and I am sure all of you will like it.
Nutritional Breakdown of Green Eggplant Curry
At last, here is the nutritional breakdown of this recipe that you should know to maintain your nutritional intake.
How to Make Green Eggplant Curry at Home | Video
Here is a video that you need to watch to make this eggplant curry with more accuracy and precision.
The recipe is completed and I hope you like this short and sweet recipe. Make sure to share your experience and tell us your thoughts in the comments section below. Till then, have a great day and happy cooking!