Bring classic Greek flavors in your tender bites. Try Greek chicken marinade. Just dip your chicken in the Greek yogurt marinade and let it work its magic. You’ll have a juicy chicken enriched with Greek flavors. I’ve shared the recipe below, read it and try this recipe.
Greek chicken marinade needs only 15 minutes to cook. The yogurt in the marinade tenderizes the chicken and makes it juicier. To have the best taste, you can marinate it overnight. So, bake it, grill it or pan-fry it, this chicken is equally delicious and irresistible. You can also use acidic ingredients like vinegar, lemon to tenderize it.
To make Greek chicken marinade, add greek yogurt, olive oil, salt, oregano, black pepper, and garlic cloves to a bowl. Blend them together and add chicken to the bowl. Marinate for at least 3 hours. Then, bake it for 30 minutes. Apply the marinade mixture on the chicken and again bake for 20 minutes.
That’s not all about the recipe for Greek chicken marinade. You can also use marjoram in the marinade. Don’t have marjoram? Here is a list of marjoram substitutes for you. You can also use oregano substitutes to enhance the flavor of the recipe.
To know more, you gotta read the recipe card and watch the video further down in this article. Please rate this recipe if you like and save it for some special occasion. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other main course dishes from our blog.
1. Grilled Boneless Pork Chops– Grilled boneless pork chops are spicy boneless pork chops. These have charred and crispy skin. These boneless pork chops are infused with the flavors of spices like cumin, ginger, smoked paprika, mustard, garlic, pepper, and salt.
2. Poor Man’s Burnt Ends– Poor man’s burnt ends are smoky BBQ bites of beef. It’s coated with caramelized char and savory flavors of BBQ sauce, honey, and spices like pepper, garlic, etc. These smoky beef chunks are tender and juicy yet crispy on the outside.
3. Grilled Cauliflower Steak– Grilled cauliflower steak is the best plant-based steak. It has charred crust and is infused with the flavors of homemade spice mixture. This tender cauliflower steak can be served with ketchup, cheese, or any other condiment.
4. Smoked Stuffed Pepper– Smoked stuffed peppers are stuffed with Italian sausage and ground beef. These peppers are smoked and topped with cheese. So, they have a smoky flavor along with the savory taste of beef mixture and the sausage. It’s one of the best ways to serve bell pepper.
Greek Chicken Marinade Recipe
- Large Bowl
- Baking Tray
- Small Bowl
- 1 pound Chicken (boneless)
- 4 Lemons
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 1/3 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar(optional)
- 2 tablespoons Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- In a large bowl, add lemon juice, olive oil, greek yogurt, and blend the mixture. Now, add dried oregano, salt, black pepper, and garlic cloves to the bowl. Mix them well until it combines into a smooth marinade for the chicken.
- Add chicken to this bowl and let it marinate for at least 3 hours. Now, lay the chicken on the tray and bake in the pre-heated oven (350F) for around 30 minutes.
- Brush it with marinade mixture after removing it from the oven. Then again bake this chicken for about 20 minutes.
- Serve this chicken with Greek yogurt and fresh oregano leaves.