We all know the benefits of including fish in our diet. Having a fish in our meals is a great option to include all the nutrients it serves. Fish is a great source of protein and has low levels of cholesterol. There are numerous varieties of fish and numerous ways to have them as a meal. One of the most popular varieties of fish is salmon. The majority of seafood lovers love it.
Today, I have a recipe for a dish made of salmon for you all. I am sharing today the recipe of Gravlax. Gravlax is a Scandinavian cuisine made of salmon by fermenting it with vodka and spices. It is served as an appetizer.
Another fact about salmon is that it is a great source of Omega-3. It has high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids. These are required by our body but are not produced in our body. So we have to take them in the form of food. So let’s cook this Gravlax up and enjoy it with all its perks.
Ingredients Required for Gravlax
|Salmon Fillets (bones removed)||2 pounds|
|Sea Salt||4 tablespoons|
|Light Brown Sugar||3 tablespoons|
|Dill (chopped)||1 bunch|
You must be eager to taste it. These ingredients are easy to find in any supermarket near you. So don’t delay much and get started but before that have a note of time taken to prepare the fish.
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|1 hour||1 day||1 day 1 hour|
You must be a bit low to see it takes time to be made. But the thing is one day is to get it prepared while it is in the refrigerator. So not to worry much as there is no cooking required. It is made with the process of curing. See the instructions to know the process.
- Take a baking dish and cover it with plastic wrap. Cut the salmon fillets in half-length and with its skin down, place them on the half side of the dish. In a small bowl, mix sugar, salt and pepper. Sprinkle this mixture over the salmon. Add dill over it to cover. In the end, pour some vodka over the mixture.
- Now, sprinkle the remaining mixture over the remaining salmon and place it on the dish with skin side up. Wrap the salmon with plastic wrap. Take a board and place it on the fish and put some heavy object on it.
- Put this in the refrigerator for 24-16 hours. Turn them every 12 hours.
- Hold the fillets carefully and brush off all the salt, sugar and dill from the salmon. Chop it into thin slices.
- Once done, they are ready to serve.
Note- You can serve them with some bread and mustard sauce. Another way is to serve with a green salad with some lemon wedges.
It is an easy homemade recipe. There are no hardcore methods of cooking involved in preparing this dish. You can also try some other fish recipes like Brazilian Fish Stew and Spicy Tuna Rice. These fish recipe make a great hearty meal.
Nutritional Breakdown of Gravlax
As I’ve told above that salmon fish is very nutritious for a human body. That’s why I’ve added a breakdown of this fish recipe below.
How to Make Gravlax at Home | Video
To help you more, I have uploaded a video with every detail of the recipe. Watch the video to begin with the recipe.
Please share your reviews for the Gravlax recipe in the comment section. For your queries, refer to the same section and post your question there. If you liked this recipe, share it with your near and dear ones and enjoy it together.