Fish is a great source of protein and has low levels of cholesterol. There are numerous varieties of fish and numerous ways to have them as a meal. One of the most popular varieties of fish is salmon. The majority of seafood lovers love it.
Gravlax is a Scandinavian cuisine made of salmon by fermenting it with vodka and spices. It is served as an appetizer. Salmon is that it is a great source of Omega-3. It has high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids. These are required by our body but are not produced in our body. So, we have to take them in the form of food.
To make Gravlax, mix sugar, salt, and pepper. Cut salmon fillets into halves and sprinkle this mixture over it. Also, add chopped dill and pour vodka over it. Put in a baking dish and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning sides after 12 hours. After that, take them out, brush off the seasoning and serve!
You can also use some good old rock salt for this recipe. But if you don’t have it, you can simply use any of the rock salt substitutes.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Jackfruit Tacos– This fruit is a replica of shredded meat. So all the vegetarians who want to experience something similar to the chicken, cook them up. So make them part of this dish and do not waste them.
2. Chinese Coconut Chicken– This is a must-have recipe, which can be enjoyed with rice and veggies. Your family and friends will also love these crispy fried chicken breast tenders coated with coconut sauce.
3. Moussaka– This moussaka is an emotion that directly connects you with Greece without even knowing about that region. This preparation is made using the best quality ingredients that are delicious as well.
4. Osso Buco– This recipe is one of the best Italian dishes that you will ever come across. This will make you fall in love with it and you will always recall the taste and flavor that it had.
- 2 pounds Salmon Fillets (bones removed)
- 4 tablespoons Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Pepper
- 1 bunch Dill (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Vodka
- Take a baking dish and cover it with plastic wrap. Cut the salmon fillets in half-length, with its skin down and place them on the half side of the dish. In a small bowl, mix sugar, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle this mixture over the salmon. Add dill over it to cover. In the end, pour some vodka over the mixture.
- Now, sprinkle the remaining mixture over the remaining salmon and place it on the dish with skin side up. Wrap the salmon with plastic wrap. Take a board and place it on the fish and put some heavy object on it.
- Put this in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Turn them every 12 hours.
- Hold the fillets carefully and brush off all the salt, sugar and dill from the salmon. Chop it into thin slices.
- Once done, they are ready to serve.