Halloween is incomplete without some delicious treats. If a Halloween party is on your mind, I have a delicious kid-friendly graveyard chocolate cheesecake dip recipe for you. It’s a no-bake, spooky, and a whole lot of fun recipes!
To make this great Halloween party snack, you will need good quality cream cheese, vanilla extract, milk, cocoa powder, unsalted butter, light brown sugar, kosher salt, and confectioners powdered sugar.
And then comes the main and best part of this delicious dessert- its decoration! To make this decadent dip all the way spooky, you will need Oreo cookies or any other chocolate sandwich cookies to make the graveyard dirt. You will also need black decorating icing, Milano cookies, or another oval vanilla cookie, candy corn, and candy pumpkins.
Finally, when your graveyard chocolate cheesecake dip is ready, you will also need some dipping items. You can serve this delicious dip with vanilla wafers, gingersnaps, marshmallows, graham crackers, or fresh fruits. Isn’t this chocolate mess already tempting you? So, take out your aprons and make the most delicious graveyard chocolate cheesecake dip.
Other Halloween Recipes That You Can Try
- Harry Potter Butterbeer Fudge
- Jack Skellington Cookies
- Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats
- Halloween Popcorn Hands
- Harry Potter Cauldron Cakes
- Harry Potter Amortentia Love Potion
- Harry Potter Butterbeer Poke Cake
- Harry Potter Butterbeer Popcorn
- Harry Potter Sorting Hat Cupcakes
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Graveyard Chocolate Cheesecake Dip?
- Electric Mixer – You will need an electric mixer to combine the ingredients.
- Bowl – A bowl will be needed to combine the ingredients.
- Spatula – A spatula will help you transfer the dip into a serving dish.
- Serving Dish – You will need a serving dish to set and decorate the dip.
- Plastic Storage Bag – A plastic storage bag will be needed to crush the cookies.
- Rolling Pin – A rolling pin will help you to crush the cookies.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Graveyard Chocolate Cheesecake Dip?
|Preparation Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need to Make The Graveyard Chocolate Cheesecake Dip?
- Cocoa Powder – To make the graveyard chocolate cheesecake dip, you will need five tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- Brown Sugar – To add a dose of sweetness to the dip we will add 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar.
- Confectioners Powdered Sugar – 2 cups of confectioners powdered sugar will also add sweetness to the dip.
- Cream Cheese – Cream cheese is the base of the dip. You will need 8 oz of softened cream cheese at room temperature.
- Unsalted Butter – This recipe calls for four tablespoons of unsalted butter at room temperature.
- Oreo Cookies – You will need ten crushed oreo cookies to make the chocolate dirt.
- Milano Cookies – 3-4 Milano cookies will be used as tombstones for decoration.
- Vanilla Extract – ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract will provide a subtle vanilla flavor to the dip.
- Milk – Two tablespoons of milk will help to smooth out the dip.
- Small Tube Of Black Decorating Icing – A small tube of black decorating icing will be required to write “RIP” on the tombstones.
- Kosher Salt – ¼ teaspoon kosher salt will enhance the flavors.
Steps To Make Graveyard Chocolate Cheesecake Dip Recipe
1. Prepare The Dip
Take a bowl and an electric mixer and beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Now add cocoa powder and beat until well incorporated. Next you add vanilla extract, brown sugar, salt, and milk. Beat the mixture until it is smooth in consistency.
Now take your powdered sugar and sift 1/2 cup at a time. Beating after each addition. Once all powdered sugar has been added, turn your mixer to high speed and beat until the mixture is light and creamy.
2. Decorate The Dip
Transfer the mixture to a small serving dish. Using a spatula, even out the top. Now decorate the dip by adding whole Oreo cookies to a plastic storage bag, and using a rolling pin to gently crush the cookies into small pieces. Sprinkle the crushed cookies over the dip to form the chocolate dirt.
To decorate the dip further, take the Milano cookies and write the words “RIP” on them using black decorating icing. Now insert them into the dip to form “tombstones.” Scatter candy corn and candy pumpkins around the tombstones. Your graveyard chocolate cheesecake dip is ready to be served. This dip recipe is good enough for eight people.
How To Store Graveyard Chocolate Cheesecake Dip?
Now that your spooky and delicious graveyard chocolate cheesecake dip is ready, I’m sure you must be wondering how to store it. Firstly, you can make this Halloween dip ahead and store it covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
But if you are making it ahead of time, it’s preferable to add the decoration of Milano cookies, candy corn, and pumpkins just when you are ready to serve it. This will keep the toppings fresh.
What To Serve With Graveyard Chocolate Cheesecake Dip?
So, you have a stellar dish at hand to impress your guests, but a dip without some dipping items is incomplete. Therefore, I’m going to help you out with a list of items that you can serve on a platter along with the graveyard chocolate cheesecake dip.
Some of the best dipping items to serve with this sip are crackers, pretzels, vanilla wafers, gingersnaps, and marshmallows. You can also add fresh fruits like apples, strawberries, raspberries, pineapples, and bananas.
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||5 g|
How Will Graveyard Chocolate Cheesecake Dip Look And Taste Like?
Get ready to dip into a decadently creamy chocolate dip waiting for you to be discovered under a layer of crushed cookie dirt. This recipe is the ultimate no-bake dessert that is quick and easy to make. While this dessert is an absolute hit among the kids, the adults will also not be able to resist it. It’s also easy to customize and decorate.
The texture of the dip is smooth and creamy tastes heavenly. Furthermore, crushed Oreos create the look of “graveyard” dirt, and Milano cookies with a scattering of candy add to the Halloween festive scene.
Let me also tell you that this dip is not just a perfect Halloween dessert; it’s a great treat for potlucks and holiday parties, too. You can get creative with your toppings according to the occasion and dipping ingredients.
Graveyard Chocolate Cheesecake Dip Recipe
- 5 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- 2 cups Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 4 tablespoon Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoon Milk
- 10 Oreo Cookies (crushed)
- 4 Milano cookies
- 1 Small Tube Black Decorating Icing
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
Prepare The Dip
- Take a medium-sized bowl, add cream cheese and butter and beat until smooth using an electric mixer. Add cocoa powder to the mixture and beat until it is well incorporated.
- Next add vanilla extract, brown sugar, salt, and milk. Beat until the mixture gets smooth in consistency.
- Sift in powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, beating after each addition. Once all powdered sugar is mixed properly, turn your mixer to high speed and beat until it turns light and creamy.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture to a serving dish and smooth the top.
Decorate The Dip
- Place whole Oreo cookies in a plastic storage bag and gently crush the cookies until they are in small pieces using a rolling pin.
- Take the crushed Oreos and spread it over the dip evenly to form the graveyard dirt.
- Take the Milano cookies and write the words "RIP" on them using black decorating icing. Insert them into the dip to form graveyard tombstones.
- Scatter candy corn and or candy pumpkins around the tombstones.
- Serve with graham crackers, gingersnaps, marshmallows, vanilla wafers, or fresh fruits for dipping.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the graveyard chocolate cheesecake dip be made in advance?
Yes, this Halloween dip can be made ahead and stored covered in the refrigerator for up to a week. But if you plan to make it ahead, add the Milano cookies and candy pumpkins until you are ready to serve it.
What can I serve with the graveyard chocolate cheesecake dip?
You can serve this dip with a variety of fresh fruits like strawberries, raspberries, bananas, blueberries, pineapple, apples, and grapes. You can also serve crackers, vanilla wafers, pretzels, and marshmallows for dipping.
For how many days can graveyard chocolate cheesecake dip be stored?
You can make this Halloween dip ahead and store it covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.